The Equestria Girls General Thread

MrSeyker

@Philweasel

Yeah. I get what you mean. Though the photo thing I attributed to Snips and Snails.

Still, it shows a lack of forethought to have those two run her errands.

She makes it clear that when she ordered them to wreck the gym, she didn’t expect them to trash the place to such a degree.

I understand using them, as they are clearly mischievous enough to do her dirty work, but she should’ve kept a tighter leash on both.
MrSeyker

@Applejack007

It is a stylized sun. The fire motif is strongly asociated to her even if she hasn’t developed fire magic.

Also, clearly ties her to Celestia in some way.

I never bought the idea that Celestia was meant to give her the element of Magic. But perhaps take her place as princess of the sun at some point.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@MrSeyker  
As an aside, I note that Twilight has a twelve pointed star, Starlight and Sunset both have eight, and Trixie…

…has ten. Huh.

Trixie next Alicorn confirmed.  
(Admittedly it could also be read as a five point)
Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Philweasel

Eh, I’ve always hated perfect characters. Hell, I’ll still never like season 4 Twilight. It’s mostly just the plain and simple lack of realism. Realistic characters appeal to me the most, even in cartoons. But I don’t lose sight of the fact that they’re still cartoon characters at the end of the day, and that I should expect a lack of realism to a certain degree. It’s why I don’t call a character like Pinkie perfect, even despite how incredibly multi-talented she is and how much she can bend physics to her will. But I feel Twilight in season 4 simply lost her relatablity, and she more or less completely shed her tendency to freak out about things and instead transformed into this wise, all-knowing mare throughout the season, who rarely ever made any mistakes or missteps herself. Thankfully, season 5 returned her to normal, and I’ve been steadily liking her more ever since.

In the case of Sunset, I would say that she’s not the worst I’ve seen, but she’s up there. And hell, I watch anime, which typically tends to have multitudes of perfect characters. But what pushes her a bit more over the edge to me is the fact that she started out as a villain, then instantly shed every last evil bone in her body to the point where I doubt she could even pretend to be evil convincingly. This alone makes her unrealistic to me. No one can change like that, especially not someone who has been set in their ways for years as Sunset has. No one can just exchange all of the negative traits of their character for positive ones the way she has. And good Lord, she is so incredibly and insufferably pure. Pure as the whitest snow or the most flawless diamond, and it is just so…ugh…

Hell, even Starlight tends to push the boundaries a bit. Actually, she sort of leaves me confused. Even though she hasn’t been handled similarly to Sunset, which I do commend her for, she does come across as too unrealistically good at times. Graduating after only one season, and subsequently becoming this incredibly wise mare who just about anyone has something to learn from is pretty bad by my standards. But then, she’ll make her trademark mistake once again, and I’ll be reminded that she is still a flawed character, even when her mistakes go either unpunished or lightly punished. But then, she’ll be shilled in some way again, and I find myself back in the same place. Ugh…

So yeah…that’s my take, I guess.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
I do kind of wish Sunset had fire powers, just to drive the Phoenix (I’m capitalizing that for a reason; let’s see if any of you can guess what that reason is) parallels home.
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
@Jarkes  
Yeah so do I. Would have been useful against Gloroisa’s Everfree form. I suppose the problem is that kind of power only really has destructive/offensive potential to it, ie you can’t really use that kind of power outside of battle which might be why they didn’t go for it.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide