The Equestria Girls General Thread

Spinny
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Resident Spin Fetishist
@Applejack007

Yeah, if Sunset had more flaws, I’d stop saying she’s perfect. But she’s been without them for quite a while now.

I simply have to question why someone who came to the human world with only a lust for power and control has suddenly become so very talented in so many areas. When and why exactly would she have taken up painting? When and why would she have learned to play guitar? She’s been this way for a while. I feel like she can pull just about any ability out of thin air at any given time, so she probably can potentially do anything. Just as long as it’s convenient to the plot, at least.

For crying out loud, this is a character who, even when in a hurry, will stop for a moment just to pet a stray cat on the sidewalk. She just oozes perfection.
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
Oh FFS it’s a painting in a three minute short! You know I don’t particularly like today’s FIM episode but this is making me agree with it. It’s called an “Acceptable Break from Reality”. I mean everyone is a perfect linguists as well since they never stutter and don’t slur their words at all but nobody brings that. Does Sunset painting a decent picture do anything for this story? NO! Faust above I swear.
Animanga21
Artist -

@Spinny  
The reason for both could easily just be learning how to use hands better. I mean, she used to date a guy who’s got “plays guitar” as one of his largest character traits. Plenty of time and motivation to learn. And I mean, she’s in an art class. That would be when and why she started painting.
Philweasel
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

Right About Everything
@EotD  
The moral of the short is pretty much, ‘Sunset is awesome’. I agree, but I see why it annoys those who weren’t already fans of her.

Her hypercompetence is a legitimate criticism, just not one I feel matters (for reasons I previously explained).
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

@Philweasel  
She’s good at math, can play the guitar and now paint. Such a list nevermind that in most of those fields there are others who do it better than her within the show itself.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@EotD  
It’s more her kindness, patience and reason that stand out for me. She’s always giving advice, and she’s normally right. Sci-Twi is almost attached to Sunset’s arm so emotionally dependent she is on her, and Sunset’s description on what to paint and Pinkie’s subsequent defense of her decision to paint Sunset is super gushy.

@Background Pony #F075  
There’s a word for not liking nice, talented, successful people. It ends the phrase, “Green with…”
EotD

@Spinny  
Honestly it’s 2:30 AM where I am. I really should get to bed. (Which I will be doing soon)

@Philweasel  
So basically being reasonable then? And did you see Friendship Games or Mirror Magic? Cause in those she was the one who was getting advice handed to her. I think part of the problem is people are confusing the fandom’s view of her with the one in the show, the fandom that tends to blow her accomplishments up to eleven. (Which I definitely don’t do that as well hides DBZ epic fight showdown fanfic that involves Sunset going Super Saiyan)
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@EotD  
Being basically reasonable is hypercompitence in MLP. I mean look at the rest of these bozos.

Ugh, I agree though. I’m applying Godwin’s law part 2, anyone who claims a character is a Mary Sue instantly loses the argument. It’s become code for “this character can tie their own shoelaces” and that’s not what it means.
MrSeyker

@Spinny

Her fricking backstory is that she was an overachiever. She lusted knowledge and power, was reaching for knowledge Celestia didn’t want her to reach for and they had a fallout over it.

Then she ran off to the human world, and continued to reach for everything she could.

Excelled all her classes, became the Principals most trusted student, controlled the school cliques for thee years straight.

Also, the fact that in the picture of her first fall formal princess victory she showns genuine happiness strongly hints that she earned that crown legitimately.

It was in the subsequent years that she grew mad with power and controlled and abused everyone to ensure she’s remain at the top.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
Ah snap she painted three sunflowers.
Someone better call the fucking Lourve

Ironically, Paris is one of the few places that doesn’t have a Van Gogh Sunflower picture.
MrSeyker

@Der_Fur_Shur

And we’ve seen that she can be lazy in Monday Blues. Her shown attempt at studying the new magic in Friendship Games was also half hearted (she had been shown trying to understand in the shorts and comming up short on anwers before).

What was her answer when frustrated at not getting anywhere? Write to Twilight and defer to her knowledge.

Eventually she figured it out.

Frankly, her task in the human world is fricking daunting when you think about it.

Makes sense she was getting frustrated again in Mirror Magic.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@MrSeyker  
Naturally talented and smart people can often struggle with things that actually test their abilities I suppose. We already know she’s not super fond of book learning either.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
Honestly I wonder if that laziness isn’t the cause of her whole evil side. She rejected Celestia’s approach because she was making her work for Alicorn powers, because she would rather have what she wanted without having to jump through all those hoops. It was the end goal that mattered to her, and actually working for it was just tedious.

It makes sense. She rarely seems to struggle with anything, yet reacts with this fury whenever anything actually dares to stand in her way. I don’t think she’s used to being denied anything.

I notice her actual plans are pretty terrible too, and are either extremely reckless or dependent on other people being morons.

Heh, I know I sound like I’m insulting her, but it’s these things combined with the fact that she’s kind, talented, sweet and awesome that makes me love her.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@MrSeyker  
Confronting the sirens and Juniper directly and alone was not the best idea. And her ‘wreck the gym and photoshop, then leave the original photos in the trash’ plan in the first movie was full of holes.
Philweasel

Right About Everything
@Applejack007  
Well it’s a star, like Twilight’s. And it’s enough like the element of magic for Celestia to consider it a match.

It’s likely a (Friendship is) Magic cutie mark, like Twilight’s. Just with a sun theme, rather than a star one.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide