Season 8 Episode Discussion [Spoilers, possible leaks, rumours etc.]

EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
Well I can already hear the condescension coming down from the fandom for this one, and I’m writing this early too.

What I liked:  
Fluttershy: Confirmed best pony! Suck it y’all! ;P  
The Opening Scene: Mane 6 all together and having some funny bits. I liked it cause we don’t get this very much anymore and it’s nice to see.  
The leaked music: Got some songs there that weren’t in the final cut I can tell you that ;P  
Act 1 & Act 3: Have to admit I did like seeing the two mane characters here and and being competitive and each one’s ass. Rainbow being bored with Applejack’s stuff, being overly competitive and wanting to do a race were good as was the appleshed stuff. Too bad it changes when we get to the second act.

What I didn’t liked:  
Act 2: Okay sorry but A STUDENT NEARLY DROWNED Shut up about your competition. Seriously this scene should have been a wake up call for both of them. But they had them double down on their competitiveness and then be obtuse to each other as to the whole “I agree with you “But I insist on you” thing.This could have been like Buckball Season but instead it’s basically like Honest Apple where they double down on making the mane characters do X in order to make the plot work  
Twilight: Welcome back Season 4 Twilight, as in pontificating Twilight. I was getting Rainbow Falls flashbacks with how Twilight was acting in this episode. She’s basically there to chew Applejack and Rainbow out for what they were doing and that’s about it. I mean she’s even the one to technically cause all of this, since she’s the one who’s bring up this whole “Teacher of the Month” Award thing. Which brings me to…  
The Teacher of the Month Award: Why is this a thing? I know it’s to get the plot rolling, but it’s so freaking weak an excuse to have both Applejack and Rainbow acting so badly. Like why is this a big deal? What do they gain from it? Why do the students even care themselves about the award? And where are the other students? It’s like the only students there are the Student/Young/Marking Gimmick 6. And why was Twilight saying the trip was a “Teacher of the Month” kind of thing? That is literally forcing the issue at hand.

What was meh:  
The Student 6: Oh hey look, they actually have a role this time around, it’s only been since the premier that you had any actual significance. The problem with them is that you can feel they’re kind of being forced on the audience, and that the Mane characters are getting thrown under a bus to showcase these new characters. They don’t really do anything, just being a soundboard for Rainbow and Appleajack’s ’plans’. And the worst part is that this is there second major appearance and it’s being handled by a new writer, which just kind of cements to me that the staff really doesn’t care all that much about them, that its far more a mandate from Hasbro as to why they have to be there.

But honestly though, I don’t hate this episode. Yeah it’s probably not breaking any best of lists but I had a decent enough time with it, despite my negatives so I can’t say I hate it. I mean I probably won’t be coming back to it any time in the future but I can say I liked it enough.
Miss Shy
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

You're going to love me.
As a Fluttershy fan, I think I’m qualified to say

Holy fuck that was a lot of retread of old ground
Miss Shy
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

You're going to love me.
YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD’VE WORKED.

Dash takes three students, Applejack takes the other three.

And then they work together to compete.

Holy fuck.
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
@MadVillain  
Oh hey would you look at that, a school function and she wasn’t there, almost like because She didn’t need to be so she wasn’t there
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide