IDW Thread (Spoilers)

Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
The deer are kind of assholes for not giving a fuck about the ponies and their vine problem but expecting them to help with their Captain Planet episode PSA.
441TheSecond
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Escapee from Alcatraz
@Smash man  
When was the last time where you saw an enviromental PSA that wasn’t completely fucking horseshit?

It’s just your fucking standard “Progress is EVUL! NATURE AND BEAUTY FTW!”

And y’now, the typical values dissonance where the enviromentalists come across as pretentious selfish assholes despise the progress side being portrayed as stereotypically mean.

“They’re destroying our home! Fucking assholes, we’ll just expand our territory by making the forest expand on innocent pony villages, displacing them and giving them no shelter, food, or water. And we’ll also disrupt their government by incapacitating their rulers, basically leaving them in anarchic hell. But fuck ‘em! THEY’RE NOT PURE LIKE US!”
SpacePaladin

Watcher of the Watchmen
@441TheSecond

Nostalgia Critic mentions the Sonic SatAM series.

But yeah, maybe they should be sending their killer forest potions at the people who are messing with them instead of at the innocent bystanders.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
@SpacePaladin  
The deer king opely said the soil on the construction site is dead and not even with their potions they will get to grow anything bigger than a dandelion there.

And well, I just finished reading this comic on /mlp/  
It had a bad start, then it got interesting once they ventured into Everfree Forest and finally went to hell as soon the construction site and the 90’s pro and against ecoblabber cliches appeared.

Also, the way as Luna and Celestia were written off to keep the story running is dumb even for Cook’s stories.  
Her own previous comics displayed Celestia being crazy strong (so she could break free from the vines) or being capable to become fire so she could easily get rid of the vines. (Even her pet, who’s a goddamn PHOENIX MADE OUT FROM FIRE is next to her)

For comparation’s sake, Twilight was displayed as being perfectly capable to destroy the vines so there’s no excuse for that lazy way as Luna and Celestia were removed from participating on the story.

I am not hyped about Cook’s next villain story.
apegacine
Since the Beginning  -

The current arc seems to jut be another ham-fisted enviermental message but I do kind of like the deer species they introduced in it.
441TheSecond

Escapee from Alcatraz
@Anonycat  
>The deer king opely said the soil on the construction site is dead and not even with their potions they will get to grow anything bigger than a dandelion there.

Why?

All they did was cut down trees and lay some groundwork, they didn’t dump barrels of toxic waste all over it.

What, they can overgrow a mountain made out of rock, entire villages of brick and mortar, but they can’t deal with a bunch of dickheads knocking down trees?
441TheSecond

Escapee from Alcatraz
@Itsthinking  
Y’now, we could have had a balanced discussion with the construction efforts being for houses and farms and things that ponies actually need… but nah, moral ambiguity is stupid.
Anonycat
Duck - "her mere existence is enough to put me in a quack mood, I might as well return the favor by quacking it around"
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Okay, I guess.
Over a Barrel did a much better job at presenting 2 different races in conflict over some land, as both races had very solid reasons to want to keep the land and chase away the other race.

Cook just made a race of Beautiful People who are right despite being dicks (because they are elven pretty) and then added some cliche antagonist jerk who’s obviously wrong so the readers would dislike him right off the bat.

By the way? The heart shaped potion bottled carried by the king will be used to revive the forest and reset everything because reasons.
apegacine
Since the Beginning  -

I think one of the big problems with cook’s writing is that she puts too much emphasize on comedy rather then the story.  
She and price would probably do better writing slice of life stories then any of the action arcs.
441TheSecond

Escapee from Alcatraz
@apegacine  
Yeah, that seems to be a reocurring issue.

Then again, I have an issue with Price’s art in general. It looks way too plastic and cartoony. It’s fine for something like Art of the Gazebo, but when you try doing a more serious story like Reflections, it just ends up reminding me of Jack.
Trickquestion

I have made statements in the past claiming that ponies were the elves of this fantasy setting, but wow, these fucking deer just blow them right out of the fucking water. This Minotaur guy is now officially my favorite IDW-native character, cause he’s the only person in this entire world who is down with chopping this elf-infested scab of a forest to the ground.

I am going to go online and order some venison to wash the taste of this comic away with.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Now split into two threads.