We have been silenced by spammers and ignored by staff.

Background Pony #A7C8
@Northern  
I would think it is more likely that the messages that aren’t obvious spam got deleted first so people don’t bother replying to them.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Northern Congrats, you now have earned an Epic thread badge for reaching 100 pages under 24 hours~

@NamelessNP  
indeed. I am. I hate using about the religious or race as an argument, but for chatting with the evil boogeyman channers, since /co/ /mlp/ /pone/ and other places, I assure and certify there are no real nazis in this fandom.

Only True Nazis Supports Censorship.
Background Pony #A7C8
@Northern  
Well yeah, a neutral message isn’t going to rile people up that much.  
Also I don’t think staff actions during a spam attack when many of them are probably asleep should be taken as indicative of them somehow colluding with the spammer. It’s far more likely they’re just trying to minimise extra drama while the spammer is part of or adjacent to the stupid Twitterati.  
Also a really simple stopgap for this problem would be just implementing a post captcha like 4chan does it.
FrecklesFanatic
Charitable Contributor - Contributed to a series of art packs that helped raise over $10,000 for charity
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

Yeah can we let this page be handled by some guys in India, or from Fiver? Im sure they would be able, and actually willing, to tackle a scriptkiddie that just attacks threads that are against censorship. The fucking Rule 0 threads closed for a entire day now you absolute Limes.  
full
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Background Pony #A7C8  
They specifically targeted the posts that detailed that the spammer was on their side and none of the other ‘intent’ posts by the same spammer that expressed more neutral sentiments. They also left most of the rest of the spam alone. There is no denying that someone was trying to hide that intent from people.
Background Pony #A7C8
@Northern  
That does not mean that they agree with the intent or that they are colluding with it. It just means they deleted it first and maybe don’t want it to be known. Their reasons for that are not visible from that action, though.  
I mean it’s possible, but it absolutely doesn’t “prove, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that the mod team is working with the spammer to silence opposition”. You need a lot more for that and I’d advise until you have actual proof that you keep the accusations down a little. Continue capping those posts though.
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Background Pony #A7C8

You’re right. This doesn’t prove it beyond the ‘shadow of a doubt’, but with every single other bit of sketchiness going on with the spammer situation, including the fact that the spammer is specifically targeting threads with questions they don’t want to answer, especially in the ‘spammers’ thread where I requested proof that the spammer’s intent was what one of the mods stated it was, there’s a big, BIG gaping hole in this. The bottom line is, if it was a matter of getting rid of posts that weren’t just the same spam, it would have carried through to the other posts about it. The inconsistency here breaks heavily in favor of the notion that this was an intentional cover-up, especially considering all of the other facts of this particular case.

Edit: oh, I almost forgot, when the BP changed the first time and the spammer began spamming the ‘spammers’ thread, nothing had yet been deleted and wasn’t for a couple of minutes following the change, so the spammer absolutely was not just banned and forced to find a new BP, because staff action only started after a new BP was found the first time.
Background Pony #A7C8
@Northern  
It’s a little sketchy I’ll agree, but I don’t get why you don’t think that it’s much more likely to be someone from the Twitter brigade that’s trying to shut down the discussion because they don’t want more freedom without any connection to site staff.  
With regards to timing, that’s just pure speculation either way. They could’ve just worked on banning first and post deletion afterwards.
Northern
Artist -

I refuse to bend
@Background Pony #A7C8  
I’m not saying the spammer must be on staff. I’m saying the staff tried to cover up the spammer’s motive. I caught them doing that. The rest just makes it look sketchier.

The only thing I have proof of is that the posts declaring the spammer’s intent to be in line with the moderation team’s side of the issue were the things targeted by the mod who deleted posts first, and that that behavior was not consistently applied to any other case of spam that did not include this factor.

That is a VERY clear red flag that someone attempted to cover something up.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@Northern  
What’s more likely, that a spamming troll is “working with” site staff, or that a spamming troll is adding another layer of trolling to generate even more reaction? If it is who I think it is, that would be their MO to a tee.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Completely off-topic mess