The Anti-Censorship DNP Pledge

Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@Archonix
Fighting for your right to speak doesn’t nescessarily mean fighting for everyone’s - especially those who would like to silence you.

It does in fact mean fighting for the rights of people I oppose on ideological grounds, yes. Natural rights aren’t segregated.

And if any censorship will grow out of control, do you think we should repeal Rule 0?

I might be inclined that way.
Background Pony #35EA
@Latecomer

You seem just as set in your ways. And if my more well read brothers and sisters couldnt do it in 168 i certainly wont.
Latecomer

@Background Pony #35EA  
Actually, I’ve changed my mind a bit in this thread - for instance, I stopped supporting the rules policy change. Although that was mostly due to being informed more than being persuaded.

@Archonix  
It does for you, but not for everyone. One can believe that they should be allowed to speak on bases other than universal right.

And points for intellectual honesty, even if if disagree.
Background Pony #64DA
@Background Pony #5E45 don’t they already have Bronibooru if they want obsessive hugboxing?

If anything all the pro-censors should be the ones barred and kicked out! Stop trying to invade our spaces!
Cammera
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
Wallet After Summer Sale -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Undesirable
When I was a kid, the fight for free expression in the arts was still being fought. As I grew up, that fight appeared to have been won decisively and I was looking forward to a world free of the need to hide your expression because of the puritanical moralising of a self-appointed clique.
It’s strange to see this new generation (and many of my own) fighting so desperately to roll back the clock to a time when making the wrong kind of art would leave you socially ostracised at best, and in jail at worst.
Those who don’t learn history…
And puritanical moralising of self-appointed cliques will keep happening for as long as humans are humans - or IMO, as long as they’re allowed to behave like prepubescent children after puberty. As long as the world is a kindergarten.

I always saw it as sort of a spot in the social structure. Sometimes people remembers how dangerous and harmful it is and the spot remains empty, but then other people get more and more enthused with the petty power they’d get if they put themselves in the “I can tell others what they can or can’t do!” spot and try to pull it off again.  
Doesn’t the quote go ‘The price of paradise is eternal vigilance’?

@Datte-Before-Dawn  
This. Please, either he has mental issues or he’s doing it on purpose. Just stop.
Background Pony #64DA
@Latecomer do we have “parent/child” linking?  
I know that’s how e621 solves that problem, one of their few good ideas, lol
Background Pony #64DA
@Skoon I’m surprised nobody expected it, really. Same shit happened with Minds, voat, gab, vid.me, gitgud, etc.

“Go make your own site then!” {{They shout}} every time.  
“Fine, we will” says the anticensor benders. Then…. without warning…  
full
Background Pony #F207
@Background Pony #35EA  
Stop poking him.

@Latecomer  
I thought commies were big on equality.

Equality ≠ freedom. Pretty sure “Our Town” made that clear. In my view freedom is more important and you’re free to disagree.

@Archonix  
I might be inclined that way.

I might be inclined to agree. At the least, there has to be some constraint to Rule 0 that makes it less of a blank check. If people arguing for an expansion of censorship are citing Rule 0 as precedent then clearly it goes too far.
Latecomer

@Cammera  
Or maybe stop trying to silence people just because they aren’t convinced by your arguments? Not that many people are offering any instead of just prejudging…

@Background Pony #F207  
Freedom and equality are both good, but can also both be taken to excess. Like most things, really.
Background Pony #CFBC
@Inucroft  
So then, if “Nazi” content isn’t the hill to die on? At what point are we supposed to stop and defend the right to self-expression to draw such taboo and allegedly immoral things? What is the “proper” hill to die on? Please for the love of the sun and moon tell me.

…or I can draw the line here. This far, no further. Why should I let those who would curtail my ability to express myself dictate where I can stop and defend my ability to draw what I want, when I want and post it to the place where the only things that aren’t allowed are illegal content? Especially since they’re oh so keen on drawing what they want. Despite using canon characters as mouthpieces for their silly propaganda. Whereas the majority of the so-called bad content is an OC? Why is it okay for others to use characters as mouthpieces whereas I just want to draw what I consider to be a cute OC for non-malicious purposes?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Thread completely derailed