Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Dustcan  
I think he’s referring to Felicity, who was a tragic figure a enslaved AI who after being freed was soon after effectively lobotomized to become the basis for Jack’s Loader army,
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
Claptrap (if present): Thanks! From one artificial intelligence to another, I appreciate your respect and OH GOD, YOU’RE SO WONDERFUL! CAN WE GET ROBOT MARRIED?
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

So this youtuber The Quartering was super mad at Jill Valentine’s redesigned skirt? Really? I don’t see much difference in her redesigned tubetop costume tbh.

look you can be mad at RE3 failing to meet the expectation set by RE2 remake but whining over her skirt? hmm…
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@tehwatever  
The quatering is a talentless bore but that whole miniskirt spiel is just a lead in to the video’s broader topic of an avalanche of minor changes made to numerous character designs and Translations to remove offensive dialogue over the years by people who will than strawman and gaslight objections to these changes as “chuds being mad they can’t masturbate to these characters anymore”.

Frankly, I also get tired of unnecessary changes to classics simply because they don’t mesh with someone’s else’s idea of what’s appropriate, but whatever.

The Quatering is already such an easy target for ridicule that you don’t have to ignore the point he was trying to make (though feel free to disagree) to do it.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

World's Okayest User
So this youtuber The Quartering was super mad at Jill Valentine’s redesigned skirt?

There’s you’re answer. These are changes that just make me go “so what?”  
There’s lot of changes games do that are even worse than just making more practical design changes. Remember how Mortal Kombat 11 was loaded with tons of predatory microtransactions and DLC practices, yet a good chunk of people chose to focus a ton of their energy on Kitana’s fucking outfit not showing enough skin or Jax’s ending slavery
tehwatever
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Terminal Red  
Nah mang. I legit think it’s not that much of a change. Jill still looks good in her classic costume.  
Jill’s default RE3 Remake costume is defo inspired by modern Lara Croft sure, but her tubetop redesign is largely faithful to her classic RE3 look, you can’t deny that.

ALSO another point I’d like to make: You wanna make the visual to be more on the realistic side, well you gotta make the costumes and proportions grounded as well. I think Jill’s new Tubetop design just reflects the new artistic direction–otherwise she’d look like some guy just modded her in.

Tifa in the original FFVII was SUPER BUSTY but in her subsequent appearances, for example in Advent Children, Kingdom Hearts, Crisis Core and the Remake where they went less cartoony and more realistic (proportion wise) she’s still an anime supermodel but her chest shrunk two cup sizes because there is just absolutely no way she gonna look good with balloon cartoony tits on her chest like how she was back in the original.

My guy–they had to have gone thru redesigns to make Jill’s Classic Remake tubetop to both be faithful and playable. Changes to classics are a inevitable when you change the art direction and style. YOU JUST GOTTA.

They had to make minor changes to Cloud, Squall, Yuffie, Aerith, Sephiroth and even TIFA when they got into Kingdom Hearts and I sure wasn’t complaining. They looked good and fit well with the rest of everything so…I think it’s the same with Jill in RE3.

Which makes complainig about the skirt seemed…like why? it’s such a minor thing.
Thanotos Omega

@tehwatever  
Tifa’s breasts would have caused massive clipping issues, not to mention any active woman with large breasts will tell you compression is all but essential to keep them from getting in the way, and that’s on real world big breasts not the insane things you see in anime ect,
tehwatever
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Thanotos Omega  
and ofc there is also the technical side of things. more jiggly / free flowing parts would mean more risk of clipping. one way to avoid clipping is to make the collision model to have the same number of polygon as the model–which is just dumb.

they could get away with janky clipping and errors back in the days because the graphics were also janky so for example, if a skirt in PSX era Jill works exactly like a pants would, or if hair is just a piece of plastic stuck on the head–it’s way less noticeable. your mind just waves it away.

But as the art and graphics approach realism, it starts dipping into uncanny valley and suddenly if the hair don’t move right, the skirt don’t move right–you NOTICE that shit, and it’s super annoying to the dev team.

So, sometimes they have to rethink or remove design elements to make sure the model is playable in game.

It’s not ALL about “because censorship or catering to the easily offended crowd.”
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@tehwatever

Ironically, the folks who throw fits about this seem way more “easily offended” about it than the people they claim are “easily offended”.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide