Video Game General 2: Definitive/Remastered Edition

Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Chippin’ In
@Nightweaver20xx  
I can live with a mockery personally. My pride isn’t so cheap as to be shaken up by something like that (on account of it being completely absent). What does get me is when developers lock certain elements of the game behind higher difficulties.
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Nightweaver20xx
I can live with a mockery personally. My pride isn’t so cheap as to be shaken up by something like that (on account of it being completely absent). What does get me is when developers lock certain elements of the game behind higher difficulties.

Same. Streets of Rage was particularly infamous for that.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Lingering Wyvern
I’ve read that gaige, my main in bl2, is easy mode, and i certainly felt that as I terminator’d through the pirate dlc.

But then we got to the boss.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
@Meanlucario  
Some games give you that as an option. Like, you die too much and a pop-up appears, saying “Hey, you seem to be struggling? Wanna change it to Easy Mode?”.

Some say no. Others say yes. I’m the kind to say yes, because I don’t play games to get frustrated by constant failures.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@WyrmSpawN  
With the series in the middle of a remake rennaiscance we have a golden opportunity here. We could take the series in a whole new direction after 3, picking up from the cliffhanger the remake left us on.

4 was good, but it undoubtedly started a trend of removing the horror in favour of generic action set pieces, culminating in the abysmal resi 5 and 6.

I also didn’t like how umbrella was dealt with offscreen when every game prior was building up some final confrontation between the main characters and the conglomerate of contempt.

All in all, the story became aimless and the horror bled out after 3. Course correct the series and start a new remake timeline.
Terminal Rex

Going Indognito mode..
@Wiimeiser  
4 was good and a breath of fresh air at the time but created a million copycats to the point it’s formula also became stale.

It also took resident evil away from it’s horror roots and discarded the storyline it’s prequels had been building up. Good game but a misstep for the series as a whole.
Kiryu-Chan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

World's Okayest User
4 was a great game and the direction the later games took wasn’t its fault and more on Capcom getting the wrong impressions on what made everyone love it. Heck the action segment on the last third of the game was easily the weakest part of it.

If nothing else, I believe REmake 2/3 should have been the kind of games coming after RE4
RogueBadnik
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

⌜Ω⌟
@Nightweaver20xx

Painkiller
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

@Terminal Red

RE5 wasnt even bad, gameplay wise. Control is tight and it was a joy to play. And of course who could forget the meme-worthy moments of Albert and Chris for real.

To me RE4 formula peaked at RE5. RE6 was just too much like it overdosed on its own hype and style.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

RE7 was brilliant tho. It was a stroke of genius I dont know who came up with it but damn it was some good sheit. The marketing got to me and it was timely, too.

It came out a time when Outlast, Alien Isolation, PT and Amnesia was basically defining a generation. RE7 felt like it was a product of its time, like it took everything good about those other games.

…it also was the time when the then horror Youtube Let’s Players were coming up. Reminder that some of biggest YT personalities we got, have been horror game LPers.

Man, 2013 to 2019 was a strange time for horror games.

oh right, there’s also The Evil Within 1 and 2. Those are games that exist. Huh. Totally forgot about em.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
RE5 wasnt even bad, gameplay wise. Control is tight and it was a joy to play. And of course who could forget the meme-worthy moments of Albert and Chris for real.
To me RE4 formula peaked at RE5. RE6 was just too much like it overdosed on its own hype and style.

RE 5 was mechanically better than 4, sure. But it just lacked that je nai sai quoi 4 had and felt…boring.

6 is definitely the black sheep of the bunch, but I dare say in a good way. Although I hope the whole “Family” illuminati subplot turns out to be DOA, especially since 7 utilized a different “Family” deal in its story.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide