Transformers Thread

mjangelvortex
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
Thoughts on Shockwave?

I like his G1 counterpart but not nearly as much compared to other people (I kinda think the fanbase overhypes him sometimes). That being said, I like his Prime counterpart slightly more and I adore his Animated counterpart.
Edhelistar
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Kirin Flutterfan
Thoughts on Shockwave?

Which Shockwave? Since it isn’t specified, I’ll go with “all of them I know”.

G1 cartoon and Live-action were just kind of there… The former at least got some lines and something to do, but both were unmemorable.

Energon Shockblast was too generic evil guy to be memorable.

2005 IDW Shockwave was pure Dio Brando meme power. He broke my suspension of disbelief.

Prime Shockwave was amazing, as well Cyberverse. Those two felt like genuinely threatening antagonists, without making them unbeatable, and logical without making them emotionless. Bonus points for Cyberverse because there he’s the comically serious guy.
Edhelistar
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Kirin Flutterfan
@Typhoon2000  
This reply makes me think you didn’t read past the first sentence…

AaaaaaaaaAaanyway, I got Generations: Power of the Primes Leader-class Evolution Optimus Prime!!!! Woo-hoo! On the bad side, it’s second hand… Orion Pax has no legs and half of the ion blaster is missing. Also has a few stress fractures. But incredibly, it still has the Matrix of Leadership intact.
Edhelistar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Kirin Flutterfan
I’ve got the monkey!  
full  
The ultimate monkey!

Sadly he lost his right cannon to the toy equivalent of Cosmic Rust, the dreaded Gold Plastic Syndrome.
NeonThriller

Okay on a 4 Star scale, Here’s how I’d rate the Films

1.Transformers (2007): 3/4  
2.Revenge Of The Fallen (2009): 1.5/4  
3.Dark Of The Moon (2011): 2.5/4  
4.Age Of Extinction (2014): 2/4  
5.The Last Knight (2017): 1/4  
6.Bumblebee (2018): 3.5/4
Edhelistar
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Kirin Flutterfan
@Cyborg_pony  
Did yours fall victim to the dreaded gold plastic syndrome? According to TFwiki, his vulnerable parts, are the cannon turret/chest/battery compartment and the wheels.
Jarkes
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Edhelistar

IIRC, Transmetal Megatron had a similar issue despite not specifically having gold plastic, but rather the brown plastic used for it was made with a similar process to the gold plastic that infamously had such issues.

I think they use a different process nowadays, so the issues much less common in newer toys.
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
You know, I still can’t get over how Combiner Wars Superion had a chance to NOT have the same legs issue that the G1 toy had… and yet it still did.
mjangelvortex
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Lady of Ships and Birbs
@Jarkes  
@Edhelistar  
Thankfully. I’m glad they’re avoid that particular issue with the toys.

@Jarkes  
What’s wrong with his legs?

@Darth Prime  
Seems like there’s always got to be some goofy Decepticons around in any continuity (not that I mind, it’s one of the things I love about them).
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@mjangelvortex

Basically, his legs are too thin when combined and could easily snap off due to the poor weight distribution. Both the original G1 toy and the Combiner Wars incarnation have this problem for some reason.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide