Tokusatsu Thread (Super Sentai, Kamen Rider, Ultraman and the likes)

Prof.NightJack
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gizmonics Scientist
Wat…  
full  
It’s somthing in the HBV, so highly unlikely it’s a spoiler because the Terebi-Kun DVDs tend to just be one off things.
SquiggyBomb
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Gayest hand in the west
I started watching Ex-aid.  
Emu is a a fucking nerd and I love him.  
Kagami is kind of a tool but I get where he’s coming from.  
STOP BEING SO EDGY TAIGA!
Jarkes
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Transformers Thread

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Seriously, how do this really awesome mecha design:

full

And this really terrible mecha design:

full

Exist in the same series? (Galaxy Robo looks even WORSE in the actual show itself)
Jarkes
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
KITSubs has moved to Tumblr. They’re back from their lengthy hiatus, so we can expect a lot more from them.

They also told me that some other group is going to be covering Super-1 at some point, but they couldn’t tell me exactly who that was.
OptimusPrimevil
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

full

did i get the ratio for the fusion (kamen rider black and black getter robo) right? not too much black getter/too much kamen rider black?

fun fact: comic sans is your friend if you want to recreate black’s insignia easily.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Finished Maskman. Pretty good show overall, but it honestly had a lot of little things in it that dragged it down for me and prevent me from putting it in my Top 5 or even Top 10 Sentai. Then again, since I’ve enjoyed pretty much every Sentai I watched in full, it’s very difficult for me to rank them.
WM-R
Speaking Fancy - For helping with translations

@Jarkes

What kind of things we talking here? I remember as a kid they showed Maskman and Flashman on tv, and I recall enjoying Flashman more because it was (or felt) more light hearted.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@WM-R

Examples:

The girls barely get any focus.  
Thief Knight Kiros was supposed to be a huge threat, but I honestly couldn’t take the guy seriously.  
For that matter, after all the build-up about Emperor Zeba and the mystery surrounding his identity, he barely puts up a fight in the end even after he grows. Most Sentai final villains destroy or at least badly damage the mecha in some way in their final fight. Zeba? Barely manages to even scratch Galaxy Robo.  
And that’s another thing that bugged me. After episode 48, they only use Galaxy Robo for the rest of the series (which is 51 episodes), even though Great Five was not destroyed in the final fight they used it in.  
Mio/Princess Ial’s pendant that she gave Takeru before she was imprisoned in ice is basically a deus ex machina that can do whatever the plot requires it to do.  
Also: I get that once everything’s all over, Princess Ial has to rule the Underground Kingdom now… but she can never see Takeru again? They can’t even visit each other from time to time? Really? It just seemed like a forced bittersweet ending.  
And several other things.
Phantom Rider
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

You are already booped.
@Jarkes  
I’m a bit slower to expect ‘a lot more’ from them. Their output had slipped to them only popping up to do an episode or two once every three or four months before they vanished for over a year. Back from the dead or giving one last twitch? Only time will tell. Here’s hoping it’s the former, of course.

With you on Maskman. I picked it over several other old sentai to watch because it seemed to have a lot of plot, but… well, everything you just said. (Also, Blue turning out to be an Underground leader being not brainwashed but brought back to his true identity with the armor was one of the most exciting things, and as such one of the most disappointing when it turned out it wasn’t true. Also also, everyone being shocked that Igam was really a woman was the first time I knew it was supposed to be a secret. Honestly, CSCentrl’s wacky substitutes for Okelampa’s saying the same thing every time was the most fun part of the series to me, and when you can say that, something is really wrong.)
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@Phantom Rider

Honestly, Igam being a woman was kind of a dramatic irony thing. Especially since she was credited in every episode and her actress also played Ial/Mio. For the audience, it’s less “Wait, she’s a woman?” and more “Okay, so why bother with the disguise?”
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
@09MurphyM

Oh, they’ve already found an alternative site to host their torrents called Anidex… which is of course experiencing heavy traffic right now because of the sheer number of people doing this.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Theory time regarding Ex-Aid:

Taiga’s gonna die, and to honor his legacy, Nico begs (or more likely, DEMANDS) CR to give her the special operation so that she can become Snipe in his place, but it turns out that thanks to her stint as a special Ride Player, she no longer NEEDS the operation to use the Gamer Driver and the Bang Bang Shooting Gashat.
Jarkes

GOKAAAAI... SILVER!
Caught up on Ex-Aid. Man, things sure are getting pretty intense. But I can’t help but roll my eyes at the preview for episode 30 saying that it’s the “final battle” when we all know that there’s still at least 18 episodes to go (esp. since we haven’t even gotten to Chronos, Ex-Aid Muteki, and Brave Taddle Legacy yet).
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide