The Virus Outbreak Thread

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
Mr Enter has a journal on the subject matter.

What he says near the bottom is… Concerning. So the idea of free and open borders and trade between countries will be seen the same way people in the past few decades have seen deforestation and waste dumping- as something we should not do. Which will likely lead to more wars. World peace will go the way of the Moon Cannon I bet. Star Trek will be seen the same way we see From the Earth to the Moon, hilariously out of date, as will Sid Meier’s Alpha Centauri for the most part.

It’s probably not going to be that bad for the most part, but I can see “Peacefully Unified Earth” science fiction like Starbound and Mass Effect going the way of the dodo like “Blast to the Moon in a fucking gigantic cannon” did with the launch of Sputnik.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Wiimeiser

The only way for the earth to be united will be a shitload of extra-terrestrial colonies (orbital habitats most likely, since they’re cheap) and the bulk of the human population not living on Earth; but I digress.

Got my lockdown exemption pass today, so am ready to be arsed about by being able to work, but have trouble ordering things for clients since the suppliers are also in lockdown.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
Looks like the presidential alert system works

full

It remains to be seen how enforced this is, and whether they’ll have to deploy the army to prevent community transmission between localities.
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Mom got laid off yesterday. My brother’s GF is in the cardiac ward with something (hopefully) unrelated to the virus. Me and my brother finally made the decision to axe the trip; I cancelled my flight and got a refund. Still have a job.

We’re all waiting for the Sword of Damocles to finally fall, but I’m trying to take it one day at a time.
Wiimeiser
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

(Foil Hat)
No matter what happens, the world will be drastically different when this ends next year. What will the future hold? Will we all become germophobic hikkikomori? Will countries cease globalization leading to more frequent wars and turning us into a violent race that makes Klingons look like bonobos?

Also, if this had happened 300 years ago, humans would be tribal at best and extinct at worst.
lonewolf
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

U mad?
I honestly wonder if this is the permanent death of conventions, or anything that involves large groups of people. Because the virus could be considered gone, and all it’d take is one person who’s still infected to go to one and suddenly a thousand new cases appear.
Wiimeiser

(Foil Hat)
@lonewolf  
The uncapped (non-individual-case) Ro seems to be at around 80 trillion, which is impressive given there are only 7.5 billion people currently alive…

@MagpulPony  
Be prepared for an iPad to cost $780,000.69
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Fuck Russia
1,700 inmates now released back into the public in LA County due to attempting to prevent the Coronavirus from spreading among the prison population.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide