The Virus Outbreak Thread

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
All the current variants can evade several varying classes of neutralizing antibodies, so that’s not new.

The antibodies are only one part of the immune puzzle, so it won’t mean the vaccines suddenly stop working.

But you’ll start seeing more breakthrough cases.

This wouldn’t be a problem is dipshits would continue to wear masks when gathering in large groups.

Right now, the vaccine without a mask is a raincoat without a hat. You’re mostly protected, but you’re still going to likely get wet.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Vivace

I read the BBC report mentioned in that article and went a little spurgy on the fact that they didn’t publish their effect sizes.

Other than that, it all seems like solid evidence that covids long term effects may be disastrous.
Background Pony #7CE3
Quite honestly, I’m getting tired of seeing news headlines that say “Anti-Vaxer [insert name] Dies of COVID”. I mean, really, how many of these ignorant spokespeople must pointlessly lose their lives before the connection becomes impossible to ignore. It’s just gotten to the point where calling these kind of people “too dumb to live” is being too generous of a description for their behavior.

Darwinism in action. That’s all I can really say on the matter.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
Every day it’s “BREAKING NEWS: Conservative radio host that encouraged his audience to never, ever, ever get vaccinated dies of COVID-19”

And every single time, I’m like “I already heard this story. Why’s this being presented as news?!” Then I learn that it’s yet another one. Seriously, someone should go back and count how many stories like this there have been that were different people. It’s got to be several dozen by now where it was literally that specific of a story, yet keeps happening.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Looking at the polls, there is a floor of about 15 to 30ish% of stubbornly stupid anti-vaxxers who will absolutely not budge on their utterly idiotic stance.

These morons are the ones keeping this pandemic alive, and keeping our lives further disrupted.
HorsesandMuchMOAR
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
A Really Hyper Artist - 500+ images under their artist tag
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Gallusposting since 2019
@MethidMan

Very desperate and angry people who hate them for continuing Covid with their “freedom marches” and all.

And then the anti-vaxxers will retreat further into madness and paranoia as the rest of the US will be sick of their stupidity. Who knows if they might go Waco siege?
Background Pony #7C39
Looks like the pandemic is worsening around the world, welp, humanity vs nature : nature is now in upper hand.
Background Pony #7C39
@Zincy  
The problem lies within many of us think we are in upper hand while the reality says otherwise.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide