The Virus Outbreak Thread

Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Ebalosus  
To say I have constant illness is putting it lightly. I’m allergic to dust mites. You know, those things that are literally everywhere. And it turns out September rain gives me tonsilitis.

@NitroFury  
But what percentage of the total US population is that?
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -

Pone of Astronomy
So #covidvaxexposed is trending on Twitter, I checked it out and of fucking course it’s project veritas bullshit.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
I’m still having trouble explaining to my family the importance of getting vaccinated. One of the latest rationales they’re using is that the vaccine turns you into a Covid carrier.

I’m not sure where that came from. But try as I might it’s an uphill battle trying to explain to them both what carrying Covid antibodies or what a vaccinated asymptomatic carrier is.

The worst thing is that one of the ones peddling that excuse is my dad. Who damn near died from the thing just a month ago. At least my nephew’s case turned out to be a false alarm.
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Meanlucario

Another one of the ones peddling it is my older brother. Who I know for a fact graduated high school, and therefore knows how the immune system works.

Even so I still tried. I sat with my dad (and later on talked to my brother over the phone) and explained from the beginning how the immune system works, what viruses and diseases how and how they invade, that vaccines are in fact a sterilized dosage of a disease, etc. Trying to make it very clear just so they can understand how they are getting misinformed.

The problem is trying to cram an entire lecture into a 5 minute conversation with people who get bored with all the science terms 30 seconds in. It’s particularly difficult since they both are relying on the “vaccines aren’t 100% effective” argument even though that’s not how vaccines or your immune system works. Especially a problem with my dad as he’s now saying that he already has Covid antibodies so a vaccine won’t do any more for him (hint: They still will).
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Mikey

Just Covid. My parents got us all the vaccines as children. My brother vaccinated his kids.

So they believe in the subject. They just got caught up in all the, ahem, “vaccine hesitancy” hysteria for Covid specifically.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Dogs
@Mikey

I get that, and I was one of those early on too. And of course that’s another excuse they used.

But then I saw it explained that most of the slow rollouts is due to bureaucracy and red tape. Both of which got cut thanks to the immediate emergency that was the pandemic.

And also, you know, seeing my dad and mom almost die from the thing and me being the only one who could take care of them thanks to my vaccination did wonders for changing my mind.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
I’ve taken a bit of catharsis in watching videos about prominent antivaxxers and antimaskers dying of covid.

Note I say prominent, as in the ones pushing the agenda publicly. I take no joy in the deaths of random innocents caught up in their lies, but I take a decent bit of satisfaction in their own demise. Because those idiots get people killed, and are a direct existential threat.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
So #covidvaxexposed is trending on Twitter, I checked it out and of fucking course it’s project veritas bullshit.

Of course, Project Veritas is joining Anti-Vaxxer’s side. Won’t feel sad if one of their own dies from Covid.
Background Pony #7133
@Hollowfox Jaeger

Unfortunately, there’s no way we can fight back, since our actions often inadvertently become antivaxx fuel.

However, I remember Pfizer and Merck making a antiviral Pill, though, so I could see them taking the antiviral then the vaccine.
SparkleDash

Professional Shipper
I’m the only person I know who still regularly wears a mask in public. Very rare to see them around here anymore. I think our area has a good vaccination rate, but still, why are people opposed to some extra protection and safety? I wanna kill this virus in its tracks!!!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide