The SJW Thread [edge containment zone] [possibly NSFW]

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@BadgingBadger  
Well, majority of rape victims are actually men  
Reason ? They are in prison  
And a lot of those prisoners are there because of racist drug laws passed by Nixon that discriminately targets poor black people
BadgingBadger
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@Commune  
“According to official statistics on rape conviction rates, the U.S. Bureau of Justice said 91 per cent of the victims were women and 99 per cent of the perpetrators were men. Only 9 percent of prison rapes perpetrated by men were taken to court.”  
I’m afraid the article itself proves you’re wrong.
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@Commune  
Look, i don’t know what you’re trying to say here, and i haven’t found a single sourced statistic within the article showing how many of the prison rape victims were male and how many were female. Just the opening quote.
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@Shirani  
Hahaha, a reactionary girl punching a dumb sound button.  
“It has nothing to do with the same job”  
Clearly it doesn’t. Regardless if the wage gap doesn’t affect all, it still affects some, and it is necessary to root it out.  
“It has nothing to do with discrimination”  
Bigots will always try to cover up their discriminatory beliefs with what they perceive as “reason”. In this case of the wage gap, justifiers say it has to do with women’s likelihood to fall into woman-related problems, which in itself is discriminatory because not all women want to have children or such.  
The argument is that the most dangerous jobs are supposedly paid higher wages. However, the sexism of the dangerous jobs market is irrelevant to the wage gap. Dangerous jobs are not paid more than less dangerous jobs; this should become clear from the fact that the four jobs with the most fatalities are farming, mining, transportation, and construction. However, these are also the jobs that require the least amount of education, so make of that what you will. In contrast, the largest gender pay gaps exist within non-dangerous “white collar” jobs.  
Societal expectations about the kind of jobs women should go into continue to affect the choices that girls and women make about their education and careers, with expectations being shaped from a very early age. Accustomed to perceiving themselves as more suitable for certain types of jobs, women tend to reiterate traditional education and work choices, which prevent them from seeing other options as feasible. The result is that even women with high educational attainment still go into women dominated sectors, with the result that they go into lower paid jobs for the reason mentioned above. Indeed, pay differences between men and women are greater for highly educated workers compared with low-skilled workers in most countries.  
While obviously it is fine for anybody to enter in a lower paid occupation if they wish, it is so vital to recognise that expectations about suitable occupations are formed from a very early age. So it is not always simply a matter of free choices being made outside of a social context, as conservatives such as Christina Hoff Sommers seem to suggest.  
Further, researchers at Tel Aviv University discovered the long term effects of unconscious biases of elementary school teachers can have a substantial negative impact on career choices. The biases, which were measured by a propensity of them to score female students lower on mathematics tests compared to anonymized tests, have long reaching effects, with students who were exposed having significantly lower interest in science and math in secondary schools, and much lower entry into STEM fields. This is in stark contrast to common claims that women are just less interested in science and mathematics as an explanation for career paths.

Taken from rationalwiki, before you guys complain about text stealing.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@BadgingBadger  
http://www.insideprison.com/prison-rape.asp  
“A study conducted in Australian prisons found that prison rape was experienced by at least 10% of male prisoners aged 18-25, with a small number of these victims reporting sexual assault on a daily basis. “  
1 in 10 prisoners  
“Males comprised 90% of victims and perpetrators of inmate-on-inmate nonconsensual sexual acts in prison and jail.”  
And considering that males make up the majority of the prison population  
Yeah  
I’m not saying that rest of your points are invalid or that victim blaming isn’t a thing  
But men suffer from the same shit too, even worse as their gender status says they should be strong and macho
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@HJSDGCE  
Look, about the business insider article,  
All i could see in it was “more likely”, not “proven to”. If we’re just gonna pay women less because it is assumed that they’ll take different job choices and work hours, it will leave the harder-working women at a disadvantage.

@Turkeynomster  
I’m mostly talking about street rape between strangers, not exactly domestic violence. How many of woman-on-man domestic violence cases have been caused by revenge mentality?  
anything that runs contrary to feminist narratives on domestic violence and rape have been systematically buried for decades.

You just cited two studies on the subject, clearly it isn’t buried.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@BadgingBadger  
“Communist guide to political argument - anyone I dislike is reactionary.”  
No, really thats what actual communist used as argument (along with stuff like fascits or nazi too). But you leftist freely use it as argument same way while condemning rightwingers for using any nazi or fascist rhetoric.

Also qoutoing “rational” wiki itself would be issue than “stealing their intellectual property”
BadgingBadger

💪😎🤜 S🔥W🔥A🔥G 🤛😂👍
@DeathCloud  
Regardless if it’s RationalWiki, did you actually read the text i quoted?  
And no, i’m not condemning right-wingers for being inherent nazis or anything. And i was just stating that bigots today tend to drift from religious or dogmatic excuses and try to step into “rational” territory.
Commune

🚙
@DeathCloud  
Shoeonhead is part of the classical liberal anti SJW Rational™ Cult just like Sargon  
I won’t blame anyone for calling her reactionaries since she associates herself with reactionaries like Sargon

Watch Thom Avella
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@BadgingBadger  
Read it, nothing new, same stuff what comes from wage gap group all time. I’m sick of wage gap argument at this point it’s both sides doing “lallala I’m not listening” and be condescending to each other and yes that was condescending like RW always is.

Also you really calling shoeonhead bigot?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Turned into new-/pol/