The Downfall of Bhaalspawn (contains possible SJW discussions)

Jas

sorry for the double post but here some Peet related things to chat about. Oh and when I was looking at the people I think I saw that Last Alicorn uploaded a photo of themselves.

https://falcon-edge-wolf.tumblr.com/post/158491114678/what-i-dont-get-is-that-for-all-the-talk-about

https://falcon-edge-wolf.tumblr.com/post/158484276503/is-it-just-me-or-does-sus-audience-actively-want

Anonymous asked:
Is it just me, or does SU’s audience actively WANT the characters to suck?
lily-peet answered:
I don’t think anyone really wants characters to suck. What actually ends up happening is that there’s this absurd demand for characters to be “relatable” which means “has the same experiences/traits that I do.” And that naturally leads characters to start out bad, never grow, and only get worse.
Interesting stories require interesting characters and that requires having dynamics that doesn’t mesh with your average viewer’s life.
This goes double for an “underdog.” Everyone believes they’re an underdog but in most cases that isn’t necessarily true, and simply being an underdog doesn’t make a character compelling. This goes triple for the “everyman.”
The problem with relatability (aside from the fact that no word processor actually recognizes it as a word) is that it’s this weird, nebulous, up in the air concept. You can’t really quantify it like you can with any other character trait. What’s relatable to one person isn’t necessarily relatable to another. And oftentimes people think a character is relatable when he clearly isn’t.
To use a famous example: Luke Skywalker is considered a very relatable character with his murdered family, parent who was a fascist and finding out he’s the last of a near-extinct line of demigods who’s destined to save the world and who manages to pull off an impossible shot with little to no experience by abusing his divinely granted chosen one powers.
Anyone who considers Luke to be relatable must have a pretty fucking massive view of themselves. Ditto for Kingdom Hearts 1′s Sora, back when the series was still banging that “Chosen One” drum.
What these characters actually are is an escapist fantasy of being the hero. But because most of these people believe they would totally be that kind of person, they latch onto these stories as “relatable.” Kind of like how these same people love to think about what they would do in a zombie acpoalypse (rot, because they’re dead, because they’re on the internet fantasizing rather than learning how to make a lean-to).
But to demand that a work be “relatable” expresses a different expectation: that the work itself be somehow accommodating to, or reflective of, the experience of the reader or viewer. The reader or viewer remains passive in the face of the book or movie or play: she expects the work to be done for her. If the concept of identification suggested that an individual experiences a work as a mirror in which he might recognize himself, the notion of relatability implies that the work in question serves like a selfie: a flattering confirmation of an individual’s solipsism. - The New Yorker 
A lot of people like Steven Universe’s characters because they showcase traits like self-worth issues, paranoia, anxiety, and PTSD. But one of the big problems with this attitude is that you can’t do anything with these traits without destroying that feeling of being relatable. Because these are not actually traits. They’re conflicts that must be resolved. If someone in real life let self-worth issues, paranoia, anxiety, or PTSD go untreated as long as the characters in SU have, that would constitute a massive health risk.
The fact that so many people are comfortable with that is extremely alarming. It’s the whole “Twilight Sparkle autism headcanon” thing where people romanticize the thing they find relatable into something not indicative of reality. Except this has far worse consequences.
Jas

@Derped

okay Peet stop lying to your self you are not responsible at all. After all where was this when AnimeChristy

tried offering the truce? Oh yeah that doesn’t count and again Peet you are not responsible no matter how many

times you try to play innocent. If you really where responsible then maybe you would owe up to the fact your made

those Stockholm fanfics and try to see why people called you out of them. You would also be moving on from Josh

little miss never got over him. At this rate I won’t be surprised if she does a 3rd video on Josh or even a video

on Ink Rose.
Osean-Kitty

De meows
@Jas  
Also he has either no or very little evidence to present when ever he is saying how bad of a person he chose to attack. Calling AnimeChristy what quivered down to a bitch and then saying that its OKAY to use someones art without permission.

besides that even when someone does present evidence that was gathered over the years, he will just brush it off or like with what happened after Josh’s response video, his drones came and swarm him with things to make him feel better, even after ACTUAL EVIDENCE HAS BEEN PRESENTED.
Jas

@Derped

yeah only time it’s self seems to be what will stop Peet someday. I mean Peet would have to say something really

stupid before she starts even losing her drones and the issue is Peet is really stupid yet really smart at the

same time. After all she speaks with a very mater of fact in her voice but at the same time will also prove her

wrong her self in the same videos. But it is hard to tell with white knights
Jas

@Derped

I am confused at what Peet is trying to say in the first one and as for the second one. She does have a point

about people easily blowing their tops when it comes to shipping but she also forgot that she shipped two real

life people one of who was a I think 16 then going on 17 year old girl at the time. An then later on accusing

that same girl of being a closet lesbian for just not liking a ship.
Jas

@Derped

yeah I think Peet has. I think it was the whole Ink Rose not liking the shipping fandom and Peet being Peet took

Ink Rose saying she doesn’t like Incest ships and Pedo ships as Ink Rose taking shipping to seriously. I also

remember how defensive Peet got when people called her out for shipping Josh and Ink Rose. The real people mind

you not their ponysonas. I also think she now gets upset if you ship her with anyone other then Lizzy.
Jas

@Derped

oh so now Peet wants to make jabs at the SU fanbase?! Where the devil was this when Zamii and the person who started

Down with Hate got all that harassment?! Surprised she didn’t make a jab at Gamers and Bronies.
Vortaxonus

@Derped  
To quote:  
“ anonymous asked:  
I personally enjoy the show, but good one avoiding voltron. the fandom is literally physically reviling and rampant with toxicity  
Lily Peet: As was Korra’s, Zelda’s and Steven Universe’s.  
A toxic fanbase is a red-flag that a given work is shit.”
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Jas  
We already know Peet is a giant hypocrite. Peet probably took part in that.

@Vortaxonus  
Well, Korra was pretty shit, SU is not very good, but Zelda?

I’ve never seen any toxic Zelda fans. The only ones I’ve seen are the “Fan” that wont stop crying about not having a female Link and when they got one called her a Ms. Male.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide