Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Background Pony #1F81
@Background Pony #7A74
Feminists and LGBT+ groups are not “privileged” considering how their rights are still being attacked, not to mention the various places in the world where simply being a woman/gay is considered to be great offense
Also being a feminist and being LGBT are not mutually exclusive, considering how often those 2 groups overlap
BlitztheDragon
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Since we’re tangentially back to the topic of “trans women are men pretending to be women so they can invade women’s spaces,” let me just say that from my own observation across incidents of men invading women’s spaces and committing violence against women, guys who want to hurt women aren’t going to go through an elaborate charade of socially and medically transitioning across months to years and facing down immense amounts of social stigma just so they can claim to be a woman to access women’s spaces.
No, every cisgender man who wanted to hurt women just barges right into women’s spaces and does it without pretense. It’s way less effort, and they’re unlikely to face consequences unless there’s third party witnesses.
Background Pony #5468
@BlitztheDragon
or even if there are witnesses, and the perp is a right wing politician, or their favorite social media personalities. maybe because that’s what their constituency expects of them - authoritarian misogyny and demonization of minorities. Donald Trump, Andrew Tate, Matt Schlapp, Christian Ziegler, Tucker Carlson, Madison Cawthorn, Matt Gaetz … the list just keeps going on and on.
i’d like to believe that the vast majority of people don’t want to live in a society where hate is normalized and diversity is considered offensive. but some days its hard to hang onto that belief. especially when people start acting like their bigotry and hatred is ‘scientific’.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
The Rowling drama brings up an interesting quibble I have with the relationship between creation, creator, and the public at large.
The difference between a creators product made in good faith vs. being created to push horrible ideas.
For example, banning Harry Potter because Rowling is a dick, or shaming people who still like Harry Potter is, imo, wrong. That series wasn’t used as a mouth peice for Rowlings bullshit, or at the very least not obviously.
Banning Mein Kumph, or shaming people who like that particular tome is, however, perfectly acceptable. As that book was not only made by a monster, but also exists to push a monstrous ideology.
The line grows murky with, say, H.P. Lovecraft for example. As his toxic ideology does leak into several of his works, but I still put that under the former category of being wrong to ban/shame people.
It’s a matter of degrees, you see.
Zaknel
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
Artist -

Mods-Ezekiel 33:11
Ah, the JK drama. I find it funny that when the shoe was on the other foot, suddenly hating and shaming a product was evil.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Despite my middle ground approach to all this, I have no problem telling you to can the what-about-ism’s. For various reasons that you are fully aware of and I do not feel the need to reiterate.
Background Pony #5468
The line grows murky with, say, H.P. Lovecraft for example
It would be inaccurate to describe Howard Phillips Lovecraft as a man with issues. It’s more like he was a bundle of issues shambling around in a roughly bipedal approximation of a man. Chronically depressed, hypersensitive to criticism, almost certainly agoraphobic, prone to horrible nightmares and nervous breakdowns, and thoroughly racist even by the standards of the time… It would be easy to come to the conclusion that HP Lovecraft was simply afraid of everything, but this isn’t true, either.
He was just afraid of everything that wasn’t his hometown of Providence, Rhode Island.
also: “too delicate a constitution for math”
Meanlucario
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Kinship Through Differences - Celebrated the 11th anniversary of MLP:FIM!

Time to get spooky
@Zaknel
You seem to not realize that those people were unhappy about JK getting royalties due to her being a bigot. It’s not good, but much more understandable than soiling your diaper over a trans woman being used in promotion for a beer can.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
What other foot? The Bud Light thing was transphobes having an aneurysm over a transperson being allowed to hold a beer can without being sent to a camp, and the Hogwarts Legacy thing was people not wanting a bigot to fund her transphobic Nazi apologia campaign/lifestyle.
There’s no hypocrisy there, the transphobes and Nazis are the bad guys in both scenarios.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Republicans had a softball pitched right at their bat and they still managed to miss.
The attempt to repeal the ancient abortion ban in Arizona failed to even get out of the committee vote.
They had the easiest possible chance to undo some of the political damage they’ve done to themselves and pissed it away.
The Sorbo Crystal Ball moved the Arizona senate race from “Toss Up” to “Leans Dem” based on both the ongoing abortion drama and the dem candidate absolutely smashing fundraising.
A reminder that if most of the abortion amendments pass in November, abortion will be protected to viability in more places than it was when Roe still stood.
Meaning that, on the whole, more women will be able to have more abortions, later in their pregnancy than before when Roe was a thing. Good job Republicans.
Vivace
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Zaknel
Doesn’t he have green M&M’s (who was once a guy) trading heels for sneakers to go buy so he can throw them in the trash?
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

To their credit, they fought the good fight to preserve the Snickers dick vein. /s
As for the Hogwarts Legacy thing, while the criticism of streamers who chose to promote it did veer into the rude and the abusive at times, most of the streamers screaming “Help I’m being bullied!” were reacting to their existing fanbases of queer viewers expressing their disappointment and disapproval at their choice, then claiming they’re standing up to a “Woke mob” in the name of “Free expression” and doubling down on promoting the game - which to my knowledge wasn’t even anything special to begin with.
Meanwhile, at the same time all this was going on, transgender streamers were facing a newly reenergized wave of threats happening on their streams, many of it coming from bots flooding in citing the success of the game as proof that public opinion is against trans people, and flooding the chat with slurs and encouragement to “kys.” What people who chose to stream HL went through - even at its worst - was a tiny fraction of the hate and abuse trans streamers put up with routinely simply for streaming while trans, and that escalated after Hogwarts Legacy faced controversy.
Background Pony #1F81
I feel like actual Harry Potter fans were the only people who genuinely liked the game for its own merits rather then some dumb “own the libs” culture war BS that sadly infested the HP during this time (the vast majority of these people couldn’t care less about the franchise and only done it upset those on the keft/attack trans people)
I don’t think anyone whose a fan of the game or HP is a bad person, and those who wre harassing others during this (be it those who streamed the game or actual trans streamers facing hate from bigoted assholes) should be called out on
BlitztheDragon
Non-Fungible Trixie -

And that’s definitely fair. If what I heard is true and Joann already got paid a lump royalty check for the game prior to its release and didn’t benefit directly from how well it sold, then I’d be less inclined to push people to skip buying it.
As for me, I heavily advocated the line of “if you must play, then pirate it,” and was more forgiving of people who bought it while ignorant of Joann’s beliefs and where their money was going (since many HP fans don’t necessarily spend all their time on social media).
Those who knew, bought it anyway, announced they were buying it, AND subsequently demanded that they still be treated as a trans ally are the only group that I really got genuinely mad at during this.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide