Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Assistant
Upload King
@Dustcan
Can you honestly say that you think Pete Buttigieg and Amy Klobuchar had any chance of winning the nomination at the point they dropped out? If not, what’s remotely unfair about them dropping out and endorsing the candidate that is ideologically closer to them? By what ethical standard should they have been obligated to stick around and split the moderate vote when they had no chance of winning?
Dustcan
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
Buttigieg who I’m glad I never have to say out loud since I still don’t know how that’s pronounced was one of the frontrunners going into Super Tuesday.
Sure, it’s only because he tied with Bernie one time for most votes in the very first state’s primary. And sure, that’s only because the app that collected the votes was created by his funding. But the guy had more momentum than the other 15 or so candidates at the time of Super Tuesday. And leaked reports showed that it took Obama himself coming out of vacation to convince Mayor Pete to drop out. And even then it apparently took Obama a lot of effort to do so. So yeah.
The rest were no-hopes from start to finish.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Violet Rose in The Rain
So you haven’t read any of it, you’ve just googled “things to say when someone doesn’t like CRT”, and forgot the bit where you accused someone who’s read the actual primary texts of “having a completely wrong definition of it.”
I figured, since you also fell for the “2% of Elon Musk’s wealth could solve world hunger” propaganda. You really should stop making this your life 24/7.
Maybe I’ll stop believing in it if you give me evidence that a small percentage of Elon Musk’s wealth won’t solve world hunger. Stating beliefs I’ve never said in a snide and condescending manner won’t make it any less true.
Got any articles? Peer-reviewed papers? Or are you simply pulling that out of your ass in the delusion that I’ll blindly swallow everything you say and become a good, little, authority-fearing conservative?
WatermelonRat
Starlight Glimmer - For Patreon supporters
Sunset Shimmer - For Patreon supporters
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Ruby - For users who have donated to the site
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 10+ uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Assistant
Upload King
@Violet Rose in The Rain
This might be splitting hairs on your point, but Elon Musk might easily be able to pay for a quantity of food that could theoretically end world hunger, but he won’t be able to pay for the infrastructure that would be necessary to distribute it, nor would he be able to stabilize corrupt governments to ensure that the food would go to those who would actually need it. The problem with world hunger has little to do with the actual quantity of food available and more to do with political and economic instability impacting its consistent distribution. There’s unfortunately no easy fix for world hunger.
Dustcan
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
We already produce enough food to feed like 10-12 billion people. But something like 40% of food made gets tossed even before it leaves the farm for reasons that can amount to “Nobody would buy a carrot that grew crooked.”
We also have a very interconnected network of supply lines, where something like pineapples that are grown in South America gets packed in China and sold in the US. The problem isn’t getting the food around, it’s once again that it’s not profitable to just give it away.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
Proper optimization of the global supply chains would enable the mass reduction of famine across most of the developing world.
If greed didn’t equate to stupidity then those with the means to do so would realize how much profit there would be in it.
With some investments in global infrastructure, we could open up sophisticated markets in developing nations that would rival those in the western world. The growth potential is beyond incredible.
But, again, greed has transitioned into pure stupidity with a focus on short term gains as opposed to longterm development.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Interesting. Did a little research, but this one webpage and linked paper states that estimates from experts can range from 7 billion to 265 billion a year, depending on how much they disagree with one another.
Not trying say what you’ve posted was false, but that’s quite beyond the hypothetical range of what GlobalGiving gave.
Still, I’ve looked over my post histor. As it turns out, I never actually posted Eggo’s little strawman of a statement and he’s been putting words in my mouth. He must be mono-orifical.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
The usual actors. Govs, companies, investors, those with the means and know how.
And what is your counter proposal? Stay with business as usual when you can see how fragile the supply chain is, and how deleterious this emphasis on short term gains has become?
Long term global investment and supply-to-market infrastructure optimization is the best way forward. There’s a reason China has invested so heavily in the developing world. And it’s our huge loss if we don’t do the same.
Background Pony #1971
@Zincy
Africa will be the next east asia in the coming decades, as China and the other countries continue to grow the rest of the world will look for new countries to rely on for cheap manufacturing and will continue to invest there. It’s already begun and those countries are developing and forming their own trading pacts.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide