Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

More than your tiny little tail, evidently.

You’d honestly be ok if a President, any President, or party fixed the EC by having their electors vote opposite of what the people in the state decided?

That’d sit ok with you? What’s the second amendment for again? Right, preventing the fall of democracy.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

That would only count as a deflection if you actually asked a question. You made a statement, I was under no obligation to answer a statement.

Let me answer it anyway, since you’re inclined to want to know. I’d do my civic duty. March in the streets, motivate others, call in anyone and everyone I could find. I’d get them to do the same. And if I could, me and my little group would march day and night up and down Pennsylvania Avenue. Never said I’d change the world, never said I’d win. But you damn well better believe I wont just sit around if something like that happened.

There, I answered your inquiry, now you answer mine. Would you be ok with this kind of thing happening?
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Zincy  
Also, I’d with all the suspect tactics expressed by democratic parties, I’d say this is this is a plan bourne of distrust and paranoia.

Hopefully, it won’t come to that.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@WyrmSpawN

Suspect tactics with voting? By the dems?

Like getting more drop boxes so large population centers don’t have to vote at a single location? Extending early voting? Funding the USPS?

If those are suspect tactics, then you may need to get out a dictionary.

Unless you’re privy to some news I missed about voting plans and the dems. Which is possible, I don’t read every article like I used to.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@Latecomer

One act by one billionaire that’s not even a Democrat.

Even then, what defines a material reward? If we apply the same absolutism, then driving a poor person to and from the polls is, by that definition, a material reward for voting.
Background Pony #BE6A
@Latecomer  
The GOP imposing a higher bar for being allowed to vote than it does for being allowed to run for the Senate or even the presidency is what looks questionable.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!

Fuck Russia
@Zincy

@Latecomer

Depends on what the reasoning would supposedly be. If there’s legitimate concerns of corruption, then who knows. We already know that the Democratic party had zero issue rigging the game against Bernie in 2016 because he wasn’t the candidate they wanted, so it wouldn’t be that far of a stretch to think they might play dirty again this year against Trump. I believe it was Hillary Clinton that said that Biden should not accept the election results no matter what unless he wins. Wow, that’s quite something.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
If they want to hang Bloomberg for it they can be my guests.

No love lost here. One semi good deed does not make up for a life of being an absolute dickweed.
MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Latecomer  
Then the government would work as it is supposed to and remove him. Just like how no amount of whining from Joe if he loses will make him president despite Hillary’s advice.
Lord WyrmSpawN
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Lingering Wyvern
@Zincy  
I mean things like not rejecting mail-in ballots due to non-matching signatures, repealing voter ID laws, running hypothetical scenarios where they refuse to concede and delay the election by weeks as means to ‘count’ additional mail-in votes, and saying that the only way to have a peaceful election is for them to win.

Seriously, that “Wargame” thing was really scary.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

Now that, my friend, is deflection. Of the “what-about-ism” variety. Thank you for illustrating it so that the people at home can have a better grasp of fallacious reasoning.

Let’s pick this apart.

Primaries are party run, so even if they rig there own it doesn’t really mean much. Hell, the parties don’t even have to do primaries if they didn’t want to. They do it as a gauge to see which candidate would be the most appealing.

Secondly, it’s one thing for a rando sideliner to tell a challenger with no real power not to say he lost. It is another for a major party to actually, actively speculate about rigging the EC to subvert the will of the people, and for the sitting President in power to refuse to say he will give up power peacefully.

Thanks for playing, I’ll be here next week for the next episode.
Background Pony #BE6A
Republican Inquiry Finds No Evidence of Wrongdoing by Biden

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/09/23/us/politics/biden-inquiry-republicans-johnson.html  
An election-year investigation by Senate Republicans into corruption allegations against Joseph R. Biden Jr. and his son, Hunter, involving Ukraine found no evidence of improper influence or wrongdoing by the former vice president, closing out an inquiry its leaders had hoped would tarnish the Democratic presidential nominee.
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Latecomer  
The 2nd Amendment is about preventing a tyrannical government from rising up against the people in the event it fails to operate as it was intended. Which would likely not happen in this hypothetical scenario.
Zincy
Non-Fungible Trixie -

In Vino Veritas
@MagpulPony

He was a Republican from 2001 to 2007, and a libertarian before that.

He’s a lizard that changes his color depending on who gives him the most dosh.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide