Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

Note: Check page 3311

@Zintenka

[Quote 1]

Cause I did want to talk. I just don’t want to type up an essay.

[Quote 2]

True, he doesn’t admit when he makes mistakes but I never expected him to. If I can recognize his mistakes, does it matter if he says them?

[Quote 3]

My point is that since it hasn’t happened in a while, there’s no point in bringing it up. I’m not saying we should pretend it isn’t an issue, but there are more pressing issues at present. Yes, record it but considering we are talking about people harmed, don’t you think it would make more sense to focus on something happening now than years ago?

[Quote 4]

I’m not really for the destruction of property but I doubt we’ll come to any consensus on that so whatev.

[Quote 5]

Sure, at the time but laws get amended. My point is that voting shouldn’t be overruled just because of the mob doesn’t like the result. Like how if a mob of slaveowners saw the vote go against slavery and decided to take back their slaves regardless of the vote. Take away the moral argument, my problem would still be the mob trying to overrule a vote with violence.

[Quote 6]

Why would they tolerate it? For years, they’ve been ignored and felt like no one cared. Truth or not, Trump made them feel like someone at long last cared about their troubles. Of course they accept a few character flaws when the end result would be their livelihood returning to them.

Also, I’m pretty sure the green new deal had a bunch of other stuff tacked onto it, hence why it wasn’t passed.

[Quote 7]

A book is less meaningful? What are you saying? A book is very meaningful. These are literally the words of those who came before us. Books are evidence of how life was like for those who are dead and gone forever. A glimpse into a time we can never touch. And yet you call them meaningless? Maybe its because we are in the digital age, where its easier to store things now but to say a book is meaningless because its easier now is… Wow~ Somehow that offended me more than anything else you said before.

Anyway, I said before that I’m fine with them being removed if its by vote. A mob is not the same as people voting. Cause if they had the majority, they could easily win a vote. The fact they resort to mob rule implies they know they aren’t and decided to skip past the legal channels.

[Quote 8]

No, because the group isn’t resting on the fact that the founder was some perfect being who did no wrong. People are flawed and a product of their time. In such a situation, I’d say that while our founder wasn’t moral when looked back on, the contributions he made to the foundation are way too important to ignore. Sure, he did XYZ but our foundation strives to be better and will continue to show the ideals he set for the group.

Really, this is only an issue if you expect people to be pure. If you accept that there are people with flaws (major or no) who did great things, this stops being an issue. I know the people of the past had flaws but I won’t ignore all the good they did. I live a good life because of all of them and I’m grateful for that.
Latecomer

@Patachu  
Sure, if they shoot your dog it means they have a weapon and are willing to use it.(I’d still prioritise escape if it were possible, but it often isn’t and anyway that might just be because I’m a coward.)

And while a fetus may be innocent, there is a fair bit of disagreement as to at what point it can be called a human being, as opposed a going-to-be-human.
Latecomer

@Jolliapplegirl  
First, what makes you so sure they will? People often learn this thing at home, you know.

Second, being talked to by your parents and being talked to by the cops are somewhat different expernces - one might stick where the other doesn’t.
Background Pony #8A84
@Metro_Offset  
Though that’s mainly because they’re the biggest group that spreads it in return. As a white person, I can honestly say I wish I was still brown and my skin never lightened up.
Zintenka
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Improve and Discover!
@Metro_Offset  
Did you even read past the headline or even go to the twitter post itself? I did 2-5 minutes of research and found that the “button” is just a fucking GIF from GIPHY.

Is it wrong? Yes. But its not endorsed by Instagram but rather something uploaded to Giphy by an individual rather than a corporation.

Jesus christ, man.

https://giphy.com/

Not to mention that I also have an Instagram account where I post my art; you’re full of shit, man. No button anywhere.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Latecomer

I’m saying its the parent’s responsibility to raise and guide their children, not the cops. In terms of priorities, I don’t want cops called because someone said something on the internet. If it’s a credible threat, absolutely get the cops involved. If its some teen’s edgey tweet, alert the parents and let them handle it. Outside that, it’s not anyone else’s business. If you don’t like what they are saying, you can block them.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Background Pony #8A84

Wow, that might be the saddest thing I’ve heard today. You resent your skin color? why? Because someone who shared a tone did something bad? Are you scared the white hive mind will one day affect you? That is just weird to me, to dislike some immutable attribute of yourself so proudly.
Zintenka
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Improve and Discover!
@Metro_Offset  
Its obviously a failure on the GIPHY team’s part but likely it’ll be deleted soon. Likely, its the case similar to the dude in here who would post extreme gore and corpses in random forum posts including this topic but it took some time before they were deleted.

If you read the article and considered it as a genuine mistake, why would you present it in a way as if Instagram and GIPHY supports the GIF?
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide