Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Latecomer

Why do you think that kind of choice should be given to the government? You really want other people to control what happens in people’s bedrooms? People are free to do what they wish, within certain parameters but whether they can raise their kids shouldn’t involve the government in any way. If a crime is being committed, I’m all for them being arrested but their opinions shouldn’t be a metric by which someone is judged to be suitable to have kids.
Ebalosus
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Zincy

That, and everything Boyinaband raps about here. It’s why I get the shits when people devalue or disparage education, because a good one would solve a hell of a lot of world problems.

Also, we need to do away with the Prussian method of education, both the mandatory and tertiary forms of it. Factories are being automated, yet the main education method is designed around teaching children how to work in them. WTF?!
Latecomer

People are free to do what they wish, within certain parameters

We agree on this - I just define the parameters differently.

And how is control over a child’s education and rearing part of bodily autonomy?
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

@Latecomer

The parameters being the parents opinion on X? I’m fine with children being educated but rearing is the parents job.

Also, maybe I misunderstood what you said before. I assumed you were in favor of not allowing a parent to raise their child because of their opinions.

Why should child-rearing be left to parents alone without consideration of their suitability?

If I’m wrong in that assumption, then I apologize.
Latecomer

@Jolliapplegirl  
It depends on the opinions. If they’re just sharing some unsavoury jokes and stereotypes, then the worst that will happen is a word of warning. But if they are actually professing that other races or women or something are inherently inferior, I see no more reason to leave the child in their home than I would if they were beating him.
Jolliapplegirl
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

@Latecomer

I disagree. Beating a child is not the same as telling them that X sucks cause reasons. A child can grow out of such ideas as they grow up while abuse has lasting effects on them. And again, having certain ideas is not something I think should be an arrestable offense. It’s not a crime so it shouldn’t bar someone from raising their child.
Latecomer

@Jolliapplegirl  
I think that if society has decided that all people are equal and that society shall be structured to reinforce that, it makes negative sense to allow children to be indoctrinated in patterns of thought which will inevitably bring them into conflict with those principles.
Violet Rose in The Rain
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

One of the delightful ironies of the chud communities hatred of California is that it springs in part from California’s gun control laws, which were brought in by their previous God-Emperor Ronald Reagan because he was scared of black people open-carrying.

Newsom went back on every single SocDem position he had as soon as he entered office. His answer to the fires caused by PG&E was, “we will wait for a market solution”.

He’s the exact type of slithering neoliberal who lies about wanting SocDem policy until he gains power and turns out to be the exact same person they’ve had before.
Ebalosus
Silver Bit -
Sapphire -
Happy Derpy! -
Bronze Supporter -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Build commie blocks!
@Violet Rose in The Rain

#OhSnap!

@Metro_Offset

“Push back” in what way?

The problem whenever I hear that is that more often than not it’s said by alt-right dickheads who want to “put minorities in their place” and/or “deal with the Jews causing it all;” all with the ‘justification’ of “muh racial IQ levels!”
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide