Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@silbasa  
Well, the late former president, George H.W. Bush, did in fact send troops to LA to stop the Riots. Let’s say that did cost his chances to a win second term for the White House.
Derpy Whooves
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Looking For My Doctor
@Patachu  
I have deleted all the calls for Trump’s execution that I could find. If I missed any please report them.

Cops are a profession. Saying cops are pieces of shit is no different from saying that lawyers are pieces of shit, or that game developers or game industry reporters are pieces of shit - both things that happen a lot on this site.
Background Pony #02F1
None of this will ever change. Back in the 2000s I hoped Obama would be doing something to get cops to be more professional, it never happened.
I would suggest you look again. Have you ever heard of a “Pattern-or-Practice” investigation? It’s a special type of investigation undertaken by the U.S. Justice Department’s Civil Rights Division that looks at the broad behavior of a police department to determine whether said department is operating in accordance with established rules and regulations. And if the Justice Department identifies patterns or practices (thus the name) of behavior that violate constitutional or federal rights, they can negotiate a court-enforced consent decree (an agreement which forces the department to implement specific changes, monitored by a third party) to fix the issues.

Obama’s Justice Department opened 25 investigations into various law enforcement agencies when he was in office, and had eight resolved cases of enforcement actions in 2016. Trump’s Justice Department (starting with his first attorney general, Jeff Sessions, and continuing to the present) greatly reduced formal investigations (publicly available information suggests there has only been 1 investigation since Trump came in), made it clear that they wouldn’t support any new consent decrees or actions that would “undermine” police work, and had only three resolved cases in 2018.

So, long story short, Obama did actually make the push for improving instances of unprofessional police activity, and might have successfully produced significant long term change had the current administration not decided to undo all of that.
Background Pony #9A4F
i find it funny how all pictures tagged “black lives matter” (because thats a tag we need to have on a fucking website for pictures of pastel colored tiny horses) have their comments disabled automatically, willing to bet if someone made a white lives matter they’d get the picture deleted, disregard the fact whites get killed by blacks at a disproportionately higher rate than the reverse.

also protip: if the only way your argument can stand on its own is by blocking any replies to it from happening, your argument is shit and automatically wrong.

you can ban me now.
DarkObsidian
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Economist -

Smiling Panzerfuchs 2.0
full

A group of peaceful demonstrators removes two young white agitators from their ranks, who have constantly tried to provoke the slowly advancing line of police to attack. The problem is the unclear affiliation of these “anarchist” provocateurs. If they belong to anyone at all. They definitely poison any attempt to build a peaceful protest movement. :-/
Background Pony #02F1
Well it got worse now it affects on Legos to stop make police theme
They didn’t stop. LEGO temporarily suspended digital advertising for their police and firefighter sets because they thought it would be insensitive to promote them at this time. The sets themselves are still available for purchase and will continue to be in the future.
Background Pony #6091
I’m still sorely disappointed at the ridiculous, authoritarian and deliberately one-sided stance that the mods, site staff, and admins have taken site policy-wise on images based on the most topical subject in America and the world, right now.

This is pathetic, unnecessary, shameful, and does absolutely NOTHING to help with the greater situation that is still going on right now, but of course they’re not going to understand that, because they don’t want to.

Don’t believe me? Take a good, hard look at the “Ask the Mods Anything” Forum in its current, most recent state, and then try to tell me otherwise.
Background Pony #6091
What’s even more telling is that mods are seemingly refusing to address the legitimate points that I have brought in previous comments that I’ve made.

Now that’s eye-opening.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide