Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
So, we like make fun of people from time to time, it could be fun… as long the person Conservative. If you make fun of a Liberal, you get tons of hate, as Vanity Fair found out when they mock Hilary Clinton.
MethidMan
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -

There will always be conservatives and right wing people. Don’t be so arrogant and foolish to think that right wing people are dying off.

There will always be conservatives, yes, but when you really think about it, conservatism as an ideology has always been a losing cause. “Conservatives end up on the wrong side almost by definition. A conservative wants to preserve the status-quo. But for some centuries, our societies have constantly evolved. What was the norm yesterday is now considered as morally unacceptable, or outdated and unapplicable in the modern world.”

Many of the good things we have today were in the past issues that conservatives fought against: abolition of slavery, women’s suffrage, social security, medicare, civil rights, interracial marriage, etc. All were issues that conservatives fought tooth and nail, whether with violence or propaganda (churches even used religion to speak against interracial marriage, hell, religion was even used to justify slavery before the American Civil War).

Even today, conservatives are losing on the issue of gay marriage. “Universal health care and gay rights will be viewed in the future the way we view women’s suffrage and social security today.” About the only issue I can think of that conservatives didn’t lose was Prohibition (the banning of alcohol in the United States from 1919 to 1935) and I guess you can say radical feminism, but that’s still ongoing.

I think you might find this forum thread an interesting read.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@The Smiling Pony  
In communist society, where nobody has one exclusive sphere of activity but each can become accomplished in any branch he wishes, society regulates the general production and thus makes it possible for me to do one thing today and another tomorrow, to hunt in the morning, fish in the afternoon, rear cattle in the evening, criticise after dinner, just as I have a mind, without ever becoming hunter, fisherman, herdsman or critic.

People like to Labour but they don’t like to be forced to Labour
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Commune  
What if all I want to do is play games (not streamed), sleep and eat pizza. What if that’s what everyone else wants to do, too. Who’s gonna tell me I can’t? And why can’t I? What if I tell them “go away”?
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

🚙
@The Smiling Pony  
Multiple things can happen  
Either the society chooses to not let you obtain any fruits of Labour from their resource pool, so you are left on your own  
Or the society doesn’t care since majority of people aren’t you
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX
Either the society chooses to not let you obtain any fruits of Labour from their resource pool, so you are left on your own

Now Teaspoon is an outlaw, and he’s not the only one. Together they terrorize your hippie commune into submission and become its rulers, demanding tribute of one pizza a day.

Or the society doesn’t care since majority of people aren’t you

Classic free-rider problem. Society collapses and you all freeze to death over the winter.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@LR-Studios  
@Crystalis

I believe they are referring to the Republicans going after the person who was exercising their first amendment rights with a bumpersticker.

Republicans don’t like it when you say bad things, and like to use the power of the law to try to make people stop.

@Background Human  
demanding tribute of one pizza a day

And delicious drinks. Don’t forget the delicious drinks.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Conservatives and liberals are two halves of a coin. One cannot exist without the other, lest you have a one-party system like China or North Korea.

Honestly, from my point of view, a conservative has the responsibility of maintaining the good parts of the current status quo, while a liberal has the responsibility of changing the system to something better. If conservatives run rampant, the bad parts of society and government will be kept, causing a disfigured social stagnation where people will forever suffer from the system they made. However, if a liberal runs rampant, it causes the constantly changing system to find itself eventually in a bad spot, adopting horrible ideals and morals and causes the collapse of an entire nation.

Conservatives stop liberals from going to far, while liberals force conservatives to move forward to certain directions.

Though, this is just my opinion.
NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@Crystalis  
You want one, here’s one. How about flashing the “Okay sign”, that innocent gesture that you know everything is a okay. Now you might be called a racist just doing that.
Derpy Whooves
Artist -
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Economist -

Looking For My Doctor
@HJSDGCE  
There’s some evidence to back you up.

Things go too far on the internet, too many entrepreneurs gaming the system and making big companies have to compete to keep their market share, so “Net Neutrality” gets deleted.

Or Apple and other companies make it harder for Homeland Security or your local police force to figure out what you’re doing and to protect your individual privacy, so conservatives try to force private companies to code to the government’s specifications.

Privacy versus Safety, Individual rights versus communal security - the pendulum keeps swinging back and forth.

Right now, in the United States, the “right” is completely in charge at their federal level, and we can see what they find most important, and the kind of debt they are willing to run up to get it.

The real disconnect in the United States is that the “right” there right now doesn’t seem very conservative at all, outside of religious things.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
The real disconnect in the United States is that the “right” there right now doesn’t seem very conservative at all, outside of religious things.

Huh, that’s actually an interesting observation. And you’re probably right too.
Background Human

CHS, Class of 20XX

Essentially, yes. It all goes back to the rise of “movement conservatism” back in the ‘50s, when the right came to be defined by an agenda rather than an approach to governing. It’s gotten worse in stages since then: Goldwater’s “extremism in the defense of liberty,” the Reagan Revolution, the Bush Doctrine, and now whatever the hell Trump is doing. The philosophical conservatives these days are more often found on the left, trying to preserve the hard-fought gains of the New Deal and the post-WWII international order, and causing no end of consternation to the actual leftists who want to go even further in that direction. (That was the crux of the Democratic primary: the more conservative Hillary versus the more radical Bernie.)
Commune

🚙
@Background Human  
You do realise that people enjoy Labouring, right ? People like creating their own works

Plus in primitive communism, the earliest stage of human development, evidence suggests that society was originally a place where people abided by the axioms of each according to their ability, to each according to their need

And inb4 “it’s a small tribe” and how is that of any relevance ? The reason it is small is because they didn’t have the technology to produce food and materials on masse, but now we do
ÄrkÿNóîd
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Question stuff and enjoy
That’s a danger no matter the left-right binary shit. Not being able to even jokingly criticize some official. I should try something just to be funny. Have a bumper sticker with “Fuck __” (fill in the blank, whoever) as an acronym with an asterisk next to it and fine print underneath saying something good about __.

Some hypocrite who watches R rated movies with the word and probably used it in front of their kids would probably still feign “offense” at the “profanity”.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Commune  
Writing a book or making a chair is very different from the hundreds of menial labour tasks required to build, say, a car; from mining dangerous toxic chemicals to refining them to smelting to spending hours and hours building a small component that needs to fit precisely with another component, to speak nothing of the tools required to do so that needed the same process, plus specialized, regular, menial maintenance. All processes that need to be very exact and under strict specifications for quality (nevermind speed).

And “it’s a small tribe” matters a whole lot. Just look at any local newspaper; articles about someone in the paper’s city dying in a car accident are first page, articles about 4 people dying in a bus accident two towns over are 3rd page news, articles about a 100 people dying in a market bomb on the other side of the planet get a small paragraph on page 6. People care about those that are near and those that are similar. People will sacrifice their time and valuables for people they can relate to. You hear of an orphanage in town that needs foods, you donate some cans of food; you hear of thousand of children dying every day in Africa, you make a sad emoji on twitter, at most.

You’re going to get the same in your system; people will work hard for the benefit of their friends, family, those they work with every day, but they won’t for people they’ve never met. And that’s best case scenario; you’ll always have people that go “it’ll be a long time before my poor/no work affects me, if ever, chances are someone else will pick up the slack/it’s future me’s problem”.

When the part they’re working on goes to another town, they won’t feel the need to work as hard. When the food they’re growing is split up, they’ll keep the best for themselves and the chaff to give out. And if you want to avoid even those fairly benign practices, you need supervisors, managers, controllers, autocrats, The Man. Goodbye utopia.

True communism had its time, and it’s passed without it barely put in practice. The only way for it to work again is by racing towards the technological singularity and near full automation, and sadly we’re fairly far from that.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide