Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Latecomer  
You’ll have to explain this one to me.  
I just did.

But besides an apology, shouldn’t a state also do what it can to rectify the problem  
You think all the pandering and affirmative action doesn’t fall under it?

Racial prejudice on job applications has been disproven every time it’s studied. Indeed, blacks are more likely to be hired because the company gets a tax break for it. In Australia, where they essentially carried out a mass experiment by removing name, sex and race from job applications (i.e., true meritocracy) they found it resulted in the opposite effect they were hoping for. Namely a lot more white males were hired, disproving their theories of a racist, sexist patriarchy.

Also, many colleges increase your acceptance rate if you’re African-American and decrease it if you’re Caucasian or especially Asian. There’s so many black-only scholarship programs that don’t happen for any other race. Race quotas becoming a thing. The list goes on and on.

This goes both ways — like I said, racial bias can’t hit the skids while people perpetuate it through affirmative action.

Why must racism (which can be so subtle even the person acting on it might not realise) be proven in detail  
Because not all killings are racially motivated.

And a white cop shooting a white suspect out of anti-white rasim seems unlikely, but not impossible  
Yeah, the point is that is using racism as the default response is not logically consistent.
MagpulPony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab

Fuck Russia
@Latecomer  
Why would we apologize for something that one, we already did apologize for, and two, happened so long ago that nobody involved would even be around to say sorry for? That achieves nothing besides unnecessarily creating problems.
Latecomer

@GasMaskGuy98  
No, I mean how is it another country’s fault if we stole their stuff?

And I’ve heard of different studies. Affirmative action is a nescessary stopgap - the real cure, however, is fixing education.

Not all are, but more are than are likely obvious.

And it’s not logically consistent to look at both as equally likely when blacks are seen as violent and criminal while whites aren’t.
Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
I was using it as an example specifically because it had been apologised for - to show the sorts of things a state should apologise for/try and fix.

And many of the unnecessary problems occurring right now in the USA trace back to past national sins. Like slavery and Jim Crow.
Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
Or equalise it. Certainly, one’s abilty to own guns should not be related to their race.

And I was kind of thinking of the fermenting race wars when I said “problems”.
Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
I said - slavery and Jim Crow. No, not your fault, but America’s - whites brought blacks there to slave for them, and even after they were freed tried their level best to stop them excersinig their theoretical rights. And even after that, as you pointed out, they just found new ways to go after them. (Whites also fought to overcome these things.) Centuries of abuse doesn’t create a healthy community.

Oh, and not directly related, but because I can’t remeber who asked for it.

MagpulPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Latecomer  
That ended though. Blacks aren’t oppressed anymore, hell, a black man became the President of the USA, literally the most powerful position on the planet. Blacks make tens of millions of dollars per year to throw a ball around a field or court, some of the best actors in Hollywood are black. So saying that blacks are somehow living under oppression right now doesn’t seem accurate at all.
GasMaskGuy98

British Space Nazi
@Latecomer  
No, I mean how is it another country’s fault if we stole their stuff?  
It isn’t. But like you said, the Empire is over.

And I’ve heard of different studies. Affirmative action is a nescessary stopgap — the real cure, however, is fixing education.  
At least you concede it’s a stopgap.

Otherwise, we’ll never get anywhere. People will just be causing the problem they’re talking about solving by trying to solve it instead of pushing the idea that race shouldn’t even be a factor.

Not all are, but more are than are likely obvious.  
You’d better have evidence to support such a claim, then.

And it’s not logically consistent to look at both as equally likely when blacks are seen as violent and criminal while whites aren’t.  
Are you ignoring all the statistics?
Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
Things are better than they were, yes. But the damage of the past is still there - like if you break a bone enough times, it’ll be weaker even after it heals. And there’s still all kinds of subtle biases (not to mention more than a few people who think the changes were a mistake in the first place).

@GasMaskGuy98  
If the idea of racial equality has any meaning, then AA has to be a stopgap - like a splint on a broken bone, to loosely repurpose my analogy. You aren’t going to wear the thing forever, but if you take it off before the doctor says, you’ll just be doing yourself more harm.

And yes, as is blacks are more criminal - but any individual is still entitled to the benefit of the doubt.
Background Pony #4146
@MagpulPony  
They’ve got you on the defensive, to the point that you have to give into all their demands until they feel you’ve been sufficiently “punished” through looting, massacres, and legal discrimination against you.

They’re doing it deliberately. Stop falling for it.

@Vivace  
oh no, embezzlement! That’ll shut people up about those 2800 3000+ murders a year!  
I know you don’t really believe this shit, but could you make more of an effort with your arguments?
MagpulPony
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Fuck Russia
@Latecomer  
What damage? Where? You’re not pointing out anything that links back to a racist past that is preventing black Americans from being successful in life. Because nothing is preventing that.
Vivace
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
@Background Pony #4146  
Oh, no, literal hundreds of billions criminally cost per year, not to mention the precipitated violent crime! But seriously, I don’t think it should be left free to fly under the radar just because it’s less “sexy” than violent crime, of which, as I’ve admitted, blacks do commit a disproportionately high amount. And despite the general connotation, white-collar crime does have violent consequences and a number of misconceptions, which enables it to continue.
Latecomer

@MagpulPony  
Then why don’t you tell me what’s wrong with black communities?

@GasMaskGuy98  
Well, I think that police and courts often treat black and white suspects differently based on those generalisations. The article I posted above is related.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
@Latecomer
That ended though. Blacks aren’t oppressed anymore, hell, a black man became the President of the USA, literally the most powerful position on the planet.

The presidency where the opposition founded the Tea Party in retaliation, who’s only policy was obstructionism? The one where one half of the 2 major political parties stated time and again - including Mitch McConnell, who also once said that the Obama presidency was in of itself an apology for slaver - that their single and highest priority was to stop Obama from happening again? The one where the vice-president was a segregationist sympathizer? The one followed by a presidency that devoted its entire campaign and policy identity to undoing the Obama presidency?

If Obama being president is supposed to be reparations for slavery then that just shows how far we still need to go.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
Equality in human rights within America is there. Don’t make it sound as if it’s still unequal. Blaming an entire racial demographic (whites or blacks) for the problems that society suffers is an act of ignorance and prejudice. Yes, African people were brought to America as slaves but no, the negative effects of that is no longer here. It’s been solved and right now, we’re doing a loop-de-loop back to segregation with the “POC spaces” and racial biases in the work and hiring places.
Background Pony #4146
@Dustcan  
@MagpulPony  
See what I mean? Unless you submit to every single one of their demands, you are “perpetuating” evil, and if you keep resisting once they tell you that, you are evil too.  
It’s an incredible ideology, and a powerful weapon. It doesn’t have to make sense to work.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide