Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Background Pony #2398  
nothing wrong with fiction, even on a series like Breaking Bad and co, anyone has the right to talk about or create all kind of characters they want. that’s freedom of speech.

@Background Pony #2398  
i also was wondering if the life of an unborn or due child to be born is an equal value as the life of a drug dealer or criminal/thief’s.

Recently the LREM here passed a law legalizing abortion to 9th month due to “psychosocial distress”, which means if a baby will be an economical burden, abortion can be legally performed anytime as long the baby is inside you.  
What about living beings who are a burden to society then? people who decide to commit thievery, degradations, assaults, beatings?
Latecomer

@Patachu  
That sounds like a rather dubious and excessive law that should be repealed.

And to a police officer, all persons should be their’s to peotect. That some of them are also ther’s to arrest should not be a contradiction - protecting always comes first.
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@Latecomer  
I’m against the idea of protecting criminals.  
Being a criminal or performing one isn’t like a fraud, or an infraction “oh shit I parked on the wrong lane/ran at 160 on a 130 road/forgotten to declare my tax or some employees” it’s in a sense performing a deliberate act agaisnt someone else or someone’s property or integrity.

Police’s role is to protect lives of the law-abiding, innocent people. Even the guy who got into tax fraud driving his enterprise’s car in speed excess will have more the right to be defended from a car thief.

NEVER you will hear a reasonable cop use an offense commpared to a crime in any situation, even if some happens to be moralists, which we don’t pay them for «Hmmm. Sure this person stole your truck, BUT you were occupying two parking spots, and you were using your company-provided utility vehicle for helping your brother moving his furnitures on a weekend… that’s unlawful!» just like no cop will ever say «That guy attacked you and stole your MP3 player? Hm but why did you carry a MP3 player, were all the music acquired legally on it?»

Police is here to protect individuals, if a crime is committed, they have the role to perform an arrest, and the rest is just pure unadulterated darwinism.
Latecomer

@Patachu  
I’m against the idea of unnecessarily taking life, especially human life.

Being a criminal can mean a lot of things, and being a suspect can mean any of them plus just being in the wrong place at the wrong time. In none of these cases should one lose their basic human right to life.

Police protect (which may involve killing) and they arrest (which does not). Separate roles, even if an individual incident may involve both.
Background Pony #E28B
I think it’s time to split the country due to irreconcilable differences. The red states and blue states are so fundamentally different, there’s no way to compromise. When a country can’t even agree to wear masks during a pandemic, or that a cop shooting unarmed people is bad, it’s time to accept that the United States is a failed experiment. Why should two parts of the country force themselves to stay with someone they so obviously can’t stand?
igotnopicks
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Splatoon thread

Monado User
I think it’s time to split the country due to irreconcilable differences. The red states and blue states are so fundamentally different, there’s no way to compromise. When a country can’t even agree to wear masks during a pandemic, or that a cop shooting unarmed people is bad, it’s time to accept that the United States is a failed experiment. Why should two parts of the country force themselves to stay with someone they so obviously can’t stand?

Failed experiment. LOL
Princess Luna
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Patachu  
You should not be talking about executing people on sight in here, unless you want to be banned again. You can talk about deterrence (even if you are incredibly wrong from studies I’ve seen, such as comparing places with death penalty and without on crime rates), and about harsh sentencing, but you really can’t be telling people to go out and murder others in the streets.

@GasMaskGuy98  
Provide some explanation of what you are linking, don’t just tie single words to it.

On a general note, it seems that people are again talking a lot about systemic racism without grounding themselves in actual data. Harvard went about trying to find evidence of alternative explanations like “maybe they just do more crime” with a study on a specific state’s justice system. The conclusion was that alternative explanations don’t make much sense.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Find me the chapter where I said to go out and murder people again?
Maybe saying that drug dealers are scum who should be killed executed on sight. I offered an out for you to claim it was hyperbole, but you didn’t take it.
Princess Luna
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Economist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <%Nebulon> Yeah, just fetch me a smaller anus, sweetie.
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Patachu  
I’m not putting up with you trying to lie about your posts; you literally said, at the end of your post, “drug dealers are disgusting beings that must be executed on sight”. Any more posts arguing against moderation decisions in this thread, or saying that people should be executed on sight, and you will be immediately banned.
Patachu

@Princess Luna  
So what’s your better solution to put an end to drug cartels other than reversing the idea of terror? Because these are acting exactly like the IS, in Mexico and south am.  
And if Dutertre wasn’t there, Philippines would be also another country dominated by druglords.

I just assume we’re on a war on drugs, aren’t we?
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@Patachu  
The “war on drugs” is a complete sham, as Walter Cronkite covered thoroughly. The demand for drugs increases when they are illegalized, which creates more money, and puts that money in the hands of criminal organizations instead of legitimate businesses; consider Al Capone vs. having pot shops in California (do you think we’d be buying drugs from cartels if we had them for cheap here?). Portugal’s drug policy served them well in stopping things by decriminalizing, note especially:  
She hadn’t realised it at the time, but there had been three drug dealers on her street; when their local clientele stopped buying, they packed up and left.

Criminal organizations funded by drugs being illegal can militarize, forming cartels. Policies in the US appear to be critical to the formation and continuation of Mexican cartels, as has been reported on in a book about the subject.
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@WyrmSpawN  
Mexico has been decriminalizing drugs over the last decade; the problem is that the US creates a market for cartels, where cartels can sell drugs (which are somewhat legal in Mexico) at high prices and buy guns (which are generally illegal in Mexico) at low prices, then return home to effectively control large swaths of territory where people were put out of work by NAFTA.  
Something of note is that the ending of the Assault Weapons Ban coincided with an increase of cartel activity and control, according to a study looking at the timing of cartel territory expansion. Essentially, US gun control on ones useful for military purposes didn’t do much in the US…but it did a lot for Mexico, because US criminals rob stores with guns, but Mexican criminals engage in battle with guns.
Patachu

@Princess Luna  
that’s your opinion, and it does look like a complete failure because it’s not done with the required means. The opinion of an insignificant moron on youtube isn’t even an argument.

«n many cases, those criminal organizations militarize, forming cartels. Policies in the US appear to be critical to the formation of Mexican cartels, as has been reported on in a book about the subject. »

The only possible relation at this point is to use force as well. Also writing a book on any subject does not makes any argument valid. Make terror reciprocal. and don’t defend legalizing drugs, i’m not talking about your local hippie growing his weed on his flower pot here, but drug traffickers controlling masses spreading cocaine and heroin. And in the case of Russia once you google what Krokodil is, you will quickly understand why these poor people brutalized by fascist police had it coming.

To clarify, we’re both on the same side, we want this shit to end, are we?
Princess Luna
Economist -
From the Night -

Senior Moderator
Site Developer
Tag Czar
@WyrmSpawN  
Mexico’s policy is designed to target the cartels and not the people buying from them; it’s a smarter use of their resources, and if the US did the same (similar to Portugal’s policies), it would most likely pull out the moneymaking ability of the cartels very quickly.

@Patachu  
…do you have any idea who Walter Cronkite, who you just called a moron, is? Also no, writing a book itself doesn’t do anything, but generally people actually research things, and the book contains a lot of information about the subject that I’m pretty sure wasn’t made up out of thin air. Similarly, Walter Cronkite knew how to verify stories.  
Nobody needs to be brutalized just because they were doing drugs. Things should be targeting drug dealers, but violence doesn’t really help unless it’s to defend against other violence (note that cartels by their nature are violent, unlike many other drug dealers); remove their actual market and they will stop dealing drugs. Targeting individual drug dealers just often leads to effectively hurting poor people with little other choices in how they can make money.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide