Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Latecomer

@Background Pony #4146  
So you’re really saying that the only thing that deters crime is the risk of dying in the process? Well, what have we got a whole justice system for then?

Once again - I live in a country where the police can’t shoot even dangerous criminals, and while we might have a bit of a stabbing problem in some areas we’re not exactly a crime-overrun hellhole overall.
Patachu
Patachu - For Patreon supporters
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Toola Roola - For helping others attend the 2019 Community Collab
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag

@Latecomer  
No, you are wrong and you have to understand how wrong you are.

@Background Pony #4146  
this.

@WyrmSpawN  
acid attacks and other “honor crimes” are sadly more and more frequent here in France since years, so is in the UK, I often go there and discuss with them about the situation, it’s in fact, quite comparable.  
We just hear less about it in the media, only in the local press, unless there’s a double homicide these are just considered now like road accidents.

@Latecomer  
Yes, it’s a good way to dissuade people from committing crime, just like being armed and putting a gun in the mouth of anyone with a brain, as small as it can get, worth understanding «Oops, perhaps I should not have entered this guy’s house»

that’s the only real method that works, please do not support criminal’s rights.
Latecomer

@Patachu  
In response after considering:  
Yes, but some people will try it anyway because they’re dumb and desperate. Killing them is wrong and unesscessary unless they pose a threat to life (not property).

No. Just no.
Patachu
Best Art Program Ever - For artists who were courageous enough to draw something for the April Fools day.
The Magic of Friendship Grows - For helping others attend the 2020 Community Collab

@Latecomer  
So, this is why we have justice and it’s preferable for the justice to take care of criminals, and give them a fair trial, instead of having someone who have to kill them dead.

@Vivace  
just don’t buy drugs.
Latecomer

@Patachu  
Yes! Exactly! Which is why police do not shoot people because they are criminals - they arrest them. They only shoot people who are threats, to them or others.
Background Pony #2398
@Patachu  
That’s certainly a chinese and part 5 of Jojo way of dealing with drug dealers.

As well as places like Japan which has probably one of the highest punishment rates for drug dealers and people who own drugs, compared too other asian areas or places in the world, It’s actually quite interesting.
Background Pony #2398
@Vivace  
Funny enough there was a conversation this week or last week, about that on the vent theard here.
Patachu

@Latecomer  
or running away, ignoring the order, generally you loose a knee or get terrible pain, and at this point he asked for this. My point remains, moron gets his life endangered for a pair of Nike Air deserves to have his life compared to what he’s stealing.

Stop putting criminal’s lives on a pedestal, like all life is sacred. Most don’t value anyone’s lives and are willing to ruin lives for their own temporary pleasure.

@Background Pony #2398  
They just are doing the right thing. Like most of these places.

on a side note: officially, and from the mainstream media, 57% of french wants death penalty back, because criminality remains the #1 ranking issue here. Officiously, everyone I know want death penalty back, even as a scarecrow, for capital crimes since murderers aren’t even doing life imprisonment but about 30 years and they’re free again.
Background Pony #2398
@Latecomer  
Well no that is more in China’s ballpark, i wasn’t trying too say Japan does that.

More so that they treat and jail drug dealers and people who are in posession of drugs, harsher than in most places in the world which is what i was bringing up.
Latecomer

@Patachu  
…but all life is sacred. Human life, at least. It’s one of my fundamental premises here. That doesn’t mean you can never kill, but it does mean that you usually shouldn’t.
Background Pony #2398
@Patachu  
I can see that. And generally they are fond of showing drugs or the like in games or anime, unless the ones who possess them are villians.

And have censored underage smoking for characters like Jotaro in Jojo part 3 in the japanese version and cut out the main character from Yu Yu Hakasho in the anime being a smoker, like he was in the manga.

Which i am not complaining about, just found that a bit interesting.
Background Pony #2398
@Latecomer  
I think that this was also a conversation on the vent thread here as well, and it wasn’t about abortion if you were wondering about that.

It was more so that all life is not sacred, as some people if they raped or shot and stole money from someone that individual or individuals has less value as a human being, as someone who does what usually would constitute as something that is good and having higher value as a human being than someone who would do the reverse of that and do generally known things that would make someone into a garbage human being.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide