Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)

Nightweaver20xx
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
I’m trying to think: What were the various news stories about President Obama over his administration? I’m sure the tone was a lot more positive, and I’m pretty sure no one got indicted. Time to use the Wayback Machine, Peabody!
AaronMk
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Philomena - For helping others attend the 2021 community collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Sky funeral
@vit  
@Scrabbleman
In short, when the ones you disagree with have recourse to brazen and shameless intellectual dishonesty to “win” their arguments, you may, as a last resort, have to tell them to shut the fuck up or be made to.
We have long already been past that point of them brazenly and shamelessly being intellectually dishonest to “win” their arguments. I doubt there was ever a time when they were ever intellectually honest and engaging in good faith.
“Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past.”
― Jean Paul-Sartre

In a way, to say “today is Tuesday” when it is not Tuesday is less an argument at times, and more a message for those in the know. Allowing them to broadcast “it is Tuesday” in debate is to give it strength. It matters not if it can be rationally shut down, because they don’t care. Today is Tuesday.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Nightweaver20xx  
That I remember:  
  • That he’s not the president because he was actually born in Kenya (thank Trump)  
  • That he’s a secret muslim out to destroy america from within  
  • A lot of kerfuffle over obamacare, leading to a government shutdown (Trump declared Obama unfit for office over this)  
  • End of “don’t ask don’t tell”, panic about how the gays were going to kill the armed forces  
  • Not shutting down Guantanamo, despite it being his big campaign promise  
  • Drone strikes galore; Big Smile Obama signed off the bombing and execution of thousands  
  • Libya; ranging from Benghazi to the general clusterfuck of US’ low-key involvement in making everything worse there  
  • RadioShack shut down. Happened during Obama’s years, so I personally blame him  
  • GOP blocked appointing a new supreme court justice as elections were just months away; note their recent silence  
  • Everything Snowden and NSA related  
  • Got blamed for ISIS / continued fuckery of Iraq, Afghanistan, and then Syria  
  • IRS political targeting scandal
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
We should make a daily counter, where every time something regarding the US and Russia is brought up, the counter resets to zero. You know, like those “X Days Since Last Accident”.
Kazapsky
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Five scoops of ice cream
@Extre-Vile

Add that to the two previous shutdowns and Trump easily has the dubious distinction of being the president who fucked up Washington the worst in American history. And he’s still got two years to run up the score.
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
3 shutdowns in 2 years. Technically all in the same year, and all 3 times while his party has control of all 3 branches of government.

The record is 7 shutdowns by the way.
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
@The Smiling Pony  
Fast & Furious, something with Eric Holder and the AP, a bunch of trans stuff in his last year…

Oddly, his hardass immigration policy didn’t get much play at the time. Democrats didn’t say anything because it would make him look bad. Republicans didn’t say anything because it would make him look good.
The Smiling Pony
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Background Human  
And let’s not forget that conservatives were so buttblasted by a black man as president pushing for the most basic healthcare that they self-immolated, killed the Republican party, and created the massive pool of stupid that was/is the Tea Party.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@Background Human
And let’s not forget that conservatives were so buttblasted by a black man as president pushing for the most basic healthcare that they self-immolated, killed the Republican party, and created the massive pool of stupid that was/is the Tea Party.

Which begs the question: did the party really hate what was Romneycare with some extra medicade thrown on top because of the plan, or hate it because a bla- a democrat ran with it?
The Smiling Pony

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@AaronMk  
Latter. Obamacare really isn’t that great, and is miles away from socialized health care.

The US healthcare system will be shit for as long as the system of political bribery, aka lobbying, is still in play; they won’t allow for anything that gets in the way of their profits, just reshuffling here and there.
AaronMk
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Sky funeral
@AaronMk
Latter. Obamacare really isn’t that great, and is miles away from socialized health care.
The US healthcare system will be shit for as long as the system of political bribery, aka lobbying, is still in play; they won’t allow for anything that gets in the way of their profits, just reshuffling here and there.

tfw I remember when we all thought this was a step in the next direction and the next thing we would do is advance forward towards an actual public option… Then it never came… And the Party just turned and said, “what next step?”
Dustcan
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

Dogs
tfw I remember when we all thought this was a step in the next direction and the next thing we would do is advance forward towards an actual public option… Then it never came… And the Party just turned and said, “what next step?”

Democrat policies in a nutshell.
Background Pony #73C5
Democrat policies in a nutshell.
That’s rather disingenuous to say. Granted, the Affordable Care Act wasn’t perfect, but in a lot of ways that was unavoidable. It was the best they could do within the time constraints they had to get it through, and the most they could do that still would allow it to pass the House and Senate both. And there’s a certain amount of strategy to that, because it’s harder to kill once it becomes law (obviously), and because it could be corrected and adjusted to be better later on.

Unfortunately the Democrats lost the House and had their majority in the Senate reduced very soon thereafter (thanks at least in part to a contingent of frothing at the mouth right wing loons making it sound like ACA supporting Democrats would shortly be convening a grand inquisition to determine what old people to cull from the population), hindering their ability to continue improving it.
Ciaran
ラ・ゼッタ - For supporting the site
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).

Senior Moderator
友情は魔法だ
@Background Pony #CD75  
And then the Republicans refused to pay any of the bills (which is kind of a running trope for them now) so of course it “broke”. When you don’t pay your bills people eventually stop doing things.

Which, oddly, is something conservatives in America have somehow forgotten.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
All the old coons need to stop serving, like probably 60% or so of them are baby boomers. I can’t wait for all of them to retire.
Mikey
Sky Spark - For Patreon supporters
Pone of Astronomy - For Patreon supporters
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

Ayriana
@Dustcan  
That’s why we need congressional term limits. And SCOTUS. Trump claimed he would change that but nope.  
If it were up to me, congressmen/women would get 2 terms. Each term is 2 years so imo 2 terms is sufficient.
Background Human
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

CHS, Class of 20XX
All the old coons need to stop serving,
WHOAAA. Jk, I’m sure it was a mistake. Just like the weather man.

@Mikey  
My idea: one SCOTUS seat gets cycled every 2 years. An 18-year term is plenty for a “lifetime” appointment, and a fixed schedule makes the political branches’ impact on the courts more predictable.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide