Sonic Discussion

blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter

Half Kitsune
It’s funny how the urban legend for “Sonic R” claims that the Tails Doll could attack the real world by having him tag Super Sonic, allowing him to absorb the Chaos Emeralds and break reality. Especially since trying to tag Super Sonic as Tails Doll is FRUSTRATING.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!

So can’t wait for the update, though while it is a bit weird seeing Tails, Knuckles, and Amy still distorted and glitchy it’s great to see them playable in a 3D Sonic game again after all this time.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
You know what, I changed my mind: I’ll get Sonic Superstars a later time, instead I’ll get Sonic Frontiers for PS4 for my birthday.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
I didn’t realize it until during my search for video game music with Asian influences, but the map screen for “Aquarium Park” is partially styled after music that they play in sushi restaurants, which fits with Eggman’s “Bucket O’Sushi” restaurant that we never see in-game (except for Tails, although he points out that “Eggman’s cruelty knows no bounds” when Sonic asks him how the food is).
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Just started playing Sonic Superstars, and so far it is good.
I have to comment that the controls feels a little stiff, not as fluent as the Genesis games or Mania are (could be because I’m playing Knuckles) but at least it’s not like it was for Sonic the Hedgehog 4; I’ll be playing more so I’ll comment more later but for now it’s fun like a Sonic game should always be

I always love when Sega has reversible box art covers for their games, and Sonic Superstars looks amazing.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Dr_Osaka
A little annoyed a Youtuber spoiled it for me… But I gatta admit, she is adorable like I suspected.
She is apparently a sungazer lizard. According to Sega.
Meanwhile, Fang has been retconned to a Jerboa, which probably works better for his jumping abilities then being a weasel/wolf hybrid like Sega originally intended.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
It took me a while but I managed to finally beat Trip’s story mode.
I really love Trip not just as a character but a player as well, she operates like Amy and Knuckles in that she can double jump and climb walls; her spin attack and spin dash look the same as Vector’s from Knuckles’ Chaotix which is fitting seeing how she is also a reptile, she also has her own unique super transformation where she turns into a golden dragon which you can then fly around with and shoot fire. She can be playable in the main story once it’s beaten but she has her own special story mode where you only play as her through the whole game and the difficulty is ramped up; it took me so long to beat just for that reason alone but thankfully with the help of the Chaos Emeralds it at least went by a little more smoothly. Difficulty aside I do appreciate the game doing so, reminds me when Knuckles was introduced into S3&K they made his stages harder just to change things up, and in this mode Trip fights off against Egg Robo in Eggman’s place also like in S3&K.
@Beau Skunky
Here’s hoping Sega will continue to have her in the franchise.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Professional supermodel
@Dr_Osaka
Wpw! I was expecting her to not have a story mode, and was expecting it later as more DLC. ($15 for a few costumes, Sega? Day 1 in an already $60 game?)
As much as I try to avoid spoilers, glad to hear that, as it makes the game seem more polished.
Agreed, I hope to see more Trip.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
So from what I gather, the male characters don’t wear much besides gloves and shoes, and the females usually have a dress…along with gloves and shoes?
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
Sonic Superstars is a great new installment to the franchise, but if I have one major complaint about the game it would have to be with it’s soundtrack.
Don’t get me wrong, there are tracks from the game that I love to listen to like
Speed Jungle Zone Act 1
Frozen Base Zone Act Tails
and Lagoon City Zone Act Amy
But unfortunately a good chunk of the soundtrack suffers from the Sonic the Hedgehog 4 problem of just making music that vaguely sounds like the Genesis music instead of just making good music and then converting it properly through the Genesis soundchip. (No surprise Tee Lopez has all the best tracks in the game)
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
A new version of Knuckles will be added to Forces

I love this version, it is very fitting especially given all the Egyptian levels he’s in.
blue-case90
Cherry Blossom -

Half Kitsune
Something I learned on the Sonic Wiki regarding the true final boss of “Sonic Superstars”:
A similar concept was planned for the final boss in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, which was hinted at in the Japanese manual where Knuckles alluded to a prophecy where an egg would cause a dragon to be unleashed and destroy the world. However, it was cut in favor of fighting Eggman as the final boss.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide