Sonic Discussion

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony  
Blame all the, “Sanik haz 2 many characters!” game critics/journalists & fanbrat whiners during the 2000s for that.

Speaking of neglected characters, anyone remember this li’l cinnamon roll?

full

“Only the purist ingredients needed.” -Official Sega/Hardlight Twitter/Facebook
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Tikal is the best cinnamon roll!

Hey critics, you know who also has a lot of characters? Mario, Pokemon, Dragon Ball, Street Fighter, the Avengers, Star Wars seriously as long as it’s fun to play and has good characters who cares how many there are.
Angrybrony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -

🔥Sunset is best girl🔥
@Beau Skunky  
i know he’s been the comics i’m the one that posted panels of him being in comics and been hyping them up. and i was talking about game appearances. he hasn’t had one for at least a decade.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Angrybrony  
Some characters we haven’t seen in over 2 decades in games. Like Nack, Fang, Bark, Heavy, and Bomb.  
If you don’t count the fake ones in Sonic Mania.
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
full
Boy do these feel accurate.

Already made my thoughts on Twitter.

While this post is right on some characters, others are not. Omega for example, he is still seeks revenge againts his creator after all this years, and loves to destroy his robots as a prove of his superiority. In fact, his appetite and adoration for destruction and “Shoot first, never ask questions” is something new added recently from Forces.

Yes, he may be act more like a stereotypical robot, with clunky slow movements and a more monotone voice, but his personality and character is still intact.

Same with Big. He is still the slow but lovable gentle giant, but the creator of this pic added “memes” just because Big’s name was on that offical art of Shadow and Maria looking at the stars.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony  
You don’t remember that? It all started after “Sonic Heroes,” and such back when game critics were blaming the new characters for “bogging the series down.” Some even got upset over the introduction of characters like Blaze or Marine. (Shame they scrapped Marine. The ending of SRA her only game seemed to imply she had some hidden power, and might be playable next time, though that never happened.)

@[Ω]  
Yeah, plus another thing that sets Omega apart from other “Team Dark” characters is his deadpan dark humor, due to his trigger-happy nature, and occasional robotic remarks. “Worthless consumer models.”

I think the “memes” is referencing how in some online circles Big the cat is basically the Sonic equivalent of Waluigi in terms of memes comically exaggerating how “awesome” he is.  
Admittedly, I unironically like Big. I saw some punks on DA hating on him, and saying they should get rid of him off Team Rose, and replace him with Cosmo. (Y’know, the character that only exists in the Sonic X anime canon? Whom was killed off, I must add.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony  
I remember Game Informer magazine back then, (whom is oftentimes very biased when it comes to modern Sonic) even once made a list of “How to be a proper Sonic fan.” One of the steps was, “Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles are the only characters. Ignore any game featuring any others that pull Sonic into a suck spiral.” (Yeah, ’cause all good games have only 3 characters.)

The other steps made it look like the list was compiled by Richard Kuta. (One of the most notorious “Retro-Sonic purists,” whom started that “green eyes in Sonic 4” drama.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony  
Believe me, ChrisChan isn’t the only one, and Chris actually accepts some “Modern Sonic” things/characters, unlike some of these guys.

I understand prefering the old games/style/characters/cartoons/comics/ect. (I like those things too) but some crazed fans take it to new levels of obsession/spaghetti.

Kuta was also notorious for trying to make his own Sonic animated movie, which didn’t go well for him, or anyone involved.  
Last I checked Richard Kuta rejoined the DA Sonic fandom, and is now on the Anti-Ian Flynn bandwagon that blames Ian for why Princess Sally Acorn isn’t in the IDW Sonic comics.  
(Because Ian waking up one day, and deciding he hates certain characters like Sally whom he used for over a decade at Archie Comics makes total freakin’ sense, right? Heck, I remember back when Anti-Sally fans demonized Ian, and called him a “Sally fanboy” for using her alot in the Archie Sonic comics.)

I hate that, because I’ve been accused of being biased against certain Sonic characters too on DA, including Sally. (Whom I actually like.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony  
I dunno as a DA user myself it wasn’t always that bad, and arguably every site has some toxic people, even arguably this one. (We have our own fair share of trolls here.)
RogueBadnik
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

⌜Ω⌟
@Beau Skunky  
It’s depressing that Ian is very aware of his hatedom. He recently posted something saying how it feels to wake up, open your Twitter, and see a post full CAPS LOCK demonizing him, one popular post saying the bad things of IDW and spotting a guy trying to force others to hate the cómics.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide