Super Smash Bros General Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
There’s also 2 Bayonettas, 3 Isabelles, (not counting her cards) and 2 different Samus’es.

And 3 different Mii Fighters. Kinda wish they’d reissue those, because you could save your Mii on them.
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
Yeah I didn’t forget, was just making some examples

@Beau Skunky  
At least Bayonetta’s are based off her 2 different game appearances  
And while there are 2 Summer Isabelles there is 1 Winter  
And the Mii Fighters are Brawler, Swordfighter and Gunner so they are seperate.

But yeah 2 of Luigi, Peach, Daisy, Bowser, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Kirby, Meta Knight, Dedede, and Chrom is a little unneeded.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Dr_Osaka  
I actually have Winter outfit Isabelle, fun fact: If you use it SSBU, it’ll automatically default to her second outfit, the orange winter outfit, just like the figure has, so they accurately programmed it in. (It’s technically not the same as Summer/default outfit Isabelle, other games read it as a separate Amiibo.)

Now we need an Amiibo of her “New Horizons” outfit. (Or better yet, DLC that, and some new costumes for other characters. We need “Fire Mario,” dammit!)
Dr_Osaka
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Sata Andagi!
@Beau Skunky  
If they are gonna go to the trouble of giving us the same characters the least they can do is give them different looks like with  
Wedding Mario, Peach and Bowser  
Yarn Yoshi  
Different colored Inklings  
Skylander Donkey Kong  
And even the different Mr Game & Watch poses that were packaged with a detachable stand.

Even Disney Infinity had only I think 3 repeats in their entire library.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Shepherd  
I miss Black Yoshi, though I do like “Crafted World” Yoshi too.

@09MurphyM  
If they did that, they’d have to be echos then. I don’t mind the Koopalings being Bowser Junior costume-swaps, sense that allows them in SSB without taking up too much Roster space. (Look at how much space they take in Mario Kart.)
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Shepherd  
That probably would’ve required tweaking the 3D model more, but would’ve been nice too.

“Wooly World” did rejuvenate the “Yoshi” series, and deserves more love.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Shepherd  
I think Wooly Yarn Yoshi could work as a costume swap actually, they’d just need to rip the model from the game, and maybe tweak it’s proportions a bit. Something like “Paper Mario” would probably have to be treated as a new fighter though.

As I said before, I actually wouldn’t mind more costume swaps in the SSB series. (It’s a li’l unfair only Mario, Link, Wario, Li’l Mac, and such have alternative costumes.) Like say Dry Bowser, Ms. Pac-Man, Metal Sonic, the Star Fox Assault outfits, (for Fox, Falco, and Wolf) Ryu/Ken’s alternative SF4 outfits, and maybe some others.

Surprisingly, one costume swap that nobody ever noticed was, you’ve been able to turn Captain Falcon into Blood Falcon, (his psychotic evil clone from the F-Zero series) sense the first SSB. In fact, the emblem on his back even changes to the appropriate one for Blood Falcon, complete with his Racer number.
Beau Skunky
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
Black Shadow should have been in Smash already, and Jody Summer can come also.

Sadly, F-Zero isn’t popular enough, (despite the original SNES & N64 games being “million sellers”) not enough fans are demanding them, and Nintendo/Miyamoto/Imamura/ect. aren’t interested in ever reviving it…  
(Even the Blue Falcon racer, and Mute City & Big Blue stages in “Mario Kart 8” basically feel like Nintendo’s way of saying, “Here’s your new F-Zero game!” Similarly, letting Ubisoft use StarFox characters to crossover/promote their games also feel like Nintendo just making an excuse to not make a new StarFox for Switch, yet still please it’s SF fans, especially after “Zero/Guard” bombed.)

Jody Summers, and alot of the F-Zero cast are very underrated IMO, as alot of the characters are cool, and have cool designs/backstories. It’s sad one of the few Nintendo franchises with more fleshed out characters is one of the more obscure ones.

Wonder if Octoman would be a good fighter.
Dr_Osaka

Sata Andagi!
After looking through all tue different alts, I feel that Sonic has the weakest of them. I mean Ganondorf and Cloud are pretty boring, but I feel Sonic was a missed opportunity given all the colorful characters that exist in the franchise.  
Wouldn’t it be cool if Sonic’s alts were fully colored to represent others like  
Orange for Tails  
Red for Knuckles  
Pink for Amy  
Black for Shadow  
Violet for Blaze  
Green for Jet  
And White for Silver.  
Has to be better then colored shoes, slight variations of blue and some wrist bracelets.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide