Super Smash Bros General Thread

Background Pony #0A79
Just pre-ordered the Ridley amiibo off of Amazon. There was a long period where it was “currently unavailable”, and I jumped at the chance the moment it was available for pre-order again. Gonna do the same for Inkling once that one’s available too.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Shepherd  
With NES “Pro-Wrestling” finally officially rereleased, (as the first new NES game in Nintendo’s Switch online NES lineup, that wasn’t previously rereleased on VC) that actually would be cool.

It’d be cool if the updated Amazon’s look a bit like they did the Ice Climbers, Pit, ect. (They might have to, in order to avoid it looking like Universal’s movie character monster.) His design, grapple moves, and head-bite would make for a unique fighter.

Seriously, we need to drum up support for The Amazon, like they did for Waluigi. Besides, every new SSB needs a “WTF?” character. (Last game it was “Duck Hunt.”)
Background Pony #0A79
@09MurphyM  
People are predicting next week on the 10th or 11th, due to a combination of two things…

1. The Japanese character trailer playlist was updated recently, indicating that there’s one or two unlisted videos there. This also happened before the August 2018 Smash Direct that revealed Simon and King K. Rool, and also before Isabelle’s reveal in the September 2018 Direct.

2. The Fighters icon on the website itself is usually labeled with a “New” tag, but that’s been removed by now. Again, this also happened twice before the past two batches of character reveals.
Background Pony #0A79
@Beau Skunky  
Every Smash game has had at least one or two characters that no one expected to make it into the roster. Smash 64 had Ness and Captain Falcon, Melee had Mr. Game & Watch and the two Fire Emblem characters, Brawl had R.O.B. and Solid Snake, the base roster of Smash 4 had Wii Fit Trainer and the Duck Hunt Dog, and the Smash 4 DLC gave us Cloud and Bayonetta.

I’m actually fairly excited to see who Ultimate’s “out of nowhere” characters will be. I’ve always had a soft spot for characters like those.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Background Pony #74E4  
Me too, in fact I was probably one of the few familiar with G&W thanks to the Gameboy “G&W Gallery” remakes.  
To be fair, F-Zero was a million seller game for SNES & N64, so Captain Falcon was somewhat known in the ‘90s, and Ness was well known in Japan.

Dr. Mario is also kinda a “WTF” character, and Sonic in Brawl too, as third party characters was still pretty new at the time.

We already have a few new WTF characters in “Ultimate,” like Simon Belmont, K. Rool, and Isabelle, but they were kinda expected, as they’re very popular fan choices, especially on the SSB official ballot. The second Castlevania character Richter is perhaps even more surprising, as he is the first echo of a third-party character. (Having “Rondo of Blood” on Wii, I was already familiar with him.)

Still, I’d like to see a new WTF character who wasn’t voted in by fans. (Muddy Mole perhaps?)
Background Pony #0A79
@Shepherd  
I think Tracer would make for a decent WTF character, considering that I rarely, if ever, see anyone discuss the possibility of an Overwatch character getting into Smash.
Background Pony #0A79
Today’s the 9th, and we haven’t had any announcements for a Smash Direct for tomorrow or the 11th. We might still get one later this month (or not, and we’ll have to wait until November), but I’m now guessing the 10th/11th prediction is false.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide