Super Smash Bros General Thread

Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@igotnopicks  
Isabelle has had a sudden surge in popularity on DA. lol

@Whomps  
Guess Star Fox isn’t “popular enough” for more characters, (especially after the WiiU game/s bombed, I still enjoyed them personally) but at least they brought Star Wolf back. Krystal is at least getting some regard though, and has her original classic outfit. (The spacesuit always looked odd to me.)

I saw a crazy Krystal fangirl once whom was petitioning for Nintendo to give Krystal back to Rareware, and didn’t seem aware that Rare is practically out of business, and has no use for her. It’s surprising how “anti-Nintendo” some Rare fans are. (Especially, on that old DKVine website.) Frankly, I wish Rare was still with Nintendo. We would’ve had several Banjo Kazooie games, and such by now if they were.
Wiimeiser
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Dream Come True! - Participated in the MLP 9th Anniversary Event
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag

(Foil Hat)
@Beau Skunky  
Apparently Microsoft bought Rare because they thought they’d get Donkey Kong (last non-Rare DK game at that point was the Greenhouse one IIRC, or Mario vs Donkey Kong on Game Boy), and apparently Rare agreed to the transfer after Miyamoto fucked up Dinosaur Planet.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Wiimeiser  
Actually, you got that all wrong, Microsoft bought the majority shares of Rare, but later when they saw DK Country posters on Rare office walls, then they mistakenly thought they owned DK. And actually, most ex-Rare employees prefered Nintendo, like the Stamper Brothers. Chris Seavor (Conker) himself even blames Microsoft for Rare going under.

As for “Miyamoto effing up Dinosaur Planet,” that’s another common misconception. Miyamoto was very off-hands the project, and gave Rare full freedom over the project. According to an ex-Rare employee, all he did was gave them the option to use his “Star Fox” series for the project, (he didn’t force them to do it, like some rumors state) and sense the Rare employees loved the SF series they accepted, thinking they could add more sci-fi aspects, and such.  
However, due to the Microsoft buyout, they had to rush the game unfortunately, so it didn’t turn out as they wanted. So it was actually Microsoft’s fault.

Also, “Mario VS DK” (GBA) was not by Rare, or the Greehouse, it was made by Nintendo Software Technologies, Nintendo’s short-lived American development team. Oddly, it did use Grant Kirkhope as the voice of DK. (Via mostly DK64 sound clips.)
Background Pony #0A79
https: //www.eventhubs.com/news/2018/oct/03/japanese-super-smash-bros-ultimate-challenger-playlist-was-updated-recently-sign-new-characters-and-direct-are-inbound/

Some people on GameFAQs have noticed that the Japanese playlist for character trailers was updated a few days ago, and that this also happened before Isabelle was announced. Thus, there’s now predictions that there’s one or two unlisted videos on that playlist, and that a character reveal or possibly a Smash Direct isn’t far off (some specifying October 10th or 11th).
Background Pony #D403
@Shepherd  
Not in Smash, I wouldn’t say so. But take Pink Gold Peach in Mario Kart 8. She exists as an heavyweight alternative to Peach, like how Baby Peach is a lightweight alternative to Peach. If they replace Pink Gold Peach with their Bowsette design, that’ll push some copies.
Background Pony #0A79
@Shepherd  
Wouldn’t mind seeing her now as an additional Kid Icarus character. Definitely would’ve preferred seeing her in Smash 4 over Dark Pit.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide