The great GamerGate discussion. (Stuff and things)

Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Cyborg_pony  
Legitimately what fucking question you didn’t ask shit  
Fucking link it if you want answer

@Scrabbleman  
Maybe, doesn’t mean I can’t quote the Unabomber manifesto at them though

@Scrabbleman  
Lmao and you say this shit directly after  
If you can do that then I can say that people who make fan art of new guy deserve [REDACTED]

@Cyborg_pony  
How the fuck did you get that interpretation out of that movie  
Sarah literally had no say over John’s death what the fuck  
It’s amazing how you people are still this angry over a mediocre robot movie
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@The Frowning Pony  
So the Androids thing doesn’t need drugs to stay alive? There isn’t numerous plot-holes like Sarah getting texts to locations of new terminators, only to single-handedly take them out by a source who’d have no way of knowing they’d be there? Are they not there?  
Let’s not mince words The message isn’t about next generation, “You’re important in the here and now.”

Admittedly I thought she was supposed to be an illegal with the border-crossing scene, but Symbolism and all.

@Commune  
Good job! :3
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@WyrmSpawN  
You got lied to. Or rather, someone simplified and warped plot points to present something they could pretend to be mad about and get you hooked on anger to keep watching for more things be righteously angry about.
Cyborg_pony

@The Frowning Pony  
But why would they need to lie? What do they gain from lying?

As we’ve seen, the companies like with Ghostbusters, Star wars and others, have something to gain from lying to people about the movie since if they get money from it. What do people have to gain from saying a movie is bad?

You still have to explain why in this movie is there a T-800 when skynet never existed and just takes a potshot into John Conners skull like he meant nothing.

And you’re telling me; Sarah Conner isn’t a Terminator hunter, and just appears on the bridge with a rocket launcher for no reason, because she had a hunch in a drunken stooper? and they went to Texas. (Textes lol :v) for no reason, to find the T-800 that killed John just because fuck it?

The feeling I got from looking at ever trailer was a bland, recycled material while trying to add a new and unappealing coat of paint.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
Dear lord, what is wrong with you?

Why are you trying to argue the plot points of a movie you haven’t watched? You clearly have no idea of what you’re talking about, but continue anyway; is the presence of a non-white female protagonist in a movie this offensive to you?
Cyborg_pony

@The Frowning Pony  
Because you’re telling me as someone who has apparently has seen it as being false without giving an explanation to major plot points spoken about. And your dancing around by trying to gain some “offense” that seems very suspicious.

Especially given the first 2 movies starred a female character.

Person: They’re lying!  
Other: How?  
Person: WHY DO YOU CARE BIGOT!
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
You’re confusing my decency for not wanting to spoil some minor plot points in a movie for others with some nefarious purpose.

But sure.

It’s explained that Skynet had sent multiple Terminators to different time points as a contingency plan in case the first failed; even though Skynet would no longer exist, it had existed and sent those Terminators already (and if you say “but that’s impossible”, so would be the first Terminator being sent in the first place because Skynet would never exist, etc.).

One of these, after completing its mission, defaulted to its standard orders of “infiltrate and wait” and over the course of two decades living among humans grew a conscience and started texting Sarah Connor the coordinates of time travel events he could detect as a way to keep her from killing herself and making sure hostile terminators would get put down.

The cyborg tracks down where the texts come from, and had instructions from her own future to go to the location to recruit help in keeping her charge safe.

The plot is seriously not that deep, but it’s not what whatever angry 15 minute youtube talking head wanted you to believe. To believe so you’d get angry. Angry because anger is addictive, and addicted to coming back to his channel for more, more views for the Youtube monies. There aren’t “woke” moments, there aren’t “Girl Power!” quips, there isn’t anything all that political involved or mentioned, but that doesn’t matter; some youtuber found an easy target to spew nonsense about that people like you would believe because they want to believe it so they have something to be angry about because being angry feels amazing.
Cyborg_pony

Sarah Connor the coordinates of time travel events he could detect as a way to keep her from killing herself and making sure hostile terminators would get put down.m
There isn’t numerous plot-holes like Sarah getting texts to locations of new terminators
No.
Also no.

But I thought you said there were not texts? That very synapses says there were exactly. So it’s exactly is why these “Reviewers” said happened.

And I don’t think being angry feels :amazing” as you say. It’s exhausting and draining. Anyone that contently wants to feel angry does so out of a need for that next hit of an endorphin rush. They’ll essentially a drug addict.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
The cyborg doesn’t need drugs to stay alive, and the texts aren’t a plothole of mystery. And I think you mean “synopsis”.

Stop getting mad about movies you haven’t seen based on youtubers harvesting your anger for views.
RadioDemon
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Wallet After Summer Sale -

So many orphans~Alastor
@Commune  
And yet she apparently thought being a mother was as the worst thing to happen in her life. Not five minutes in the movie and the one person who many fans were invested in was killed just because of current year politics and bullshit.
RadioDemon
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
Wallet After Summer Sale -

So many orphans~Alastor
@The Frowning Pony  
Except the plothole would be that these same Terminators that they sent wouldn’t exist if the timeline is set on a single path that this franchise stated it was. No skynet means no Terminators. The ONLY way these plotholes could be resolved is if skynet was from a parallel universe and not the main timeline. Which means T1 and T2 dont make sense anymore since the whole synopsis and prologue of the stated timeline was that it was one singular timeline.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Commune
And yet she apparently thought being a mother was as the worst thing to happen in her life. Not five minutes in the movie and the one person who many fans were invested in was killed just because of current year politics and bullshit.

When did she say or even imply that?

And literally the only character in Terminator movies people are invested in is the Terminator. And maybe Sarah Connor. John Connor’s made people groan since his first second on screen.

@RadioDemon  
@The Frowning Pony
Except the plothole would be that these same Terminators that they sent wouldn’t exist if the timeline is set on a single path that this franchise stated it was. No skynet means no Terminators. The ONLY way these plotholes could be resolved is if skynet was from a parallel universe and not the main timeline. Which means T1 and T2 dont make sense anymore since the whole synopsis and prologue of the stated timeline was that it was one singular timeline.

No; if you can’t accept the other terminators arriving after already being sent into the past because Skynet would have already been destroyed, then you can’t accept that the original terminator would have arrived… because Skynet would have already been destroyed.

It’s a time travel plot, they can do whatever they want, as they’ve done in the previous movies. But no one cared about inconsistencies in those for some weird reason.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
And I still can’t believe you people got this offended over a movie you haven’t seen just because some online rage panderers told you a bunch of BS. I bet they took a lot of long pauses in between their SHOCKED realizations of just how woke SJW PC crap was being “forced in”, and a lot of chuckling over the ~absurdity~ of the blatant lefty politics crammed in.

It’s a summer action movie with an average plot and that’s it. Christ…
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@WyrmSpawN  
I’m in this thread because I keep seeing utter nonsense being posted uncontested and taken as gospel with absolutely no fact checking or critical analysis simply because “it sounds true” and it scratches that “I gotta be mad about something and get affirmation from others in expressing my anger” itch.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@WyrmSpawN  
I had just finished watching it and throughout the whole thing was anticipating the contentious plot points people complained about here, yet they never happened.

Should I just let blatant lies and misinformation pass uncontested just because they happened in the past? What’s the limit on that? How far in the past does a lie have to be before calling it out is “drama”? Should liars get a pass if they manage to not be called out for it after a month? Two months? A year?
Cyborg_pony

@The Frowning Pony  
Then how does he know where the other Terminators are going to be if he’s primary protocol only revolved around murdering one person and nothing else? How did he get that information in a timeline for a target that he would have no knowledge of?

Also; you’ve been complaining about something that was said, 3 months ago.
The Frowning Pony

Administrator
13 blinks per minute
@Cyborg_pony  
How about you watch the movie and find out?

And yes, your point? As above, do lies have an expiry date after which people can’t be called out on them? Because that Feminist Frequency art you were so eager to complain about is about two years old, and the comments from Anita you’re using to lambaste them for are even older, so…

And as a reminder, the whining back then wasn’t about the inconsistencies of time travel or whatever, it was about the protagonists killing ICE agents and the movie pushing ~woke~ agenda, which is something that just isn’t there.
Plain Pony
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Not a Plane pony
@The Frowning Pony  
Indeed, it’s nice to have fact checking done. I don’t really consider Hollywood a good example of SJW influence myself anyway: I see them as mostly a bunch of hacks that just chase trends, with some talent present. The Terminator franchise specifically went off the deep end several movies ago. I wouldn’t say ignoring their time-travel rules is indicative of the need to become woke, but moreso an excuse to poop out another movie.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide