Gun Discussion

Background Pony #5252
@ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
They announced a new model with an aluminum frame, so people stopped buying the old model with steel frame. With little money coming in, they couldn’t finish the new model and went bankrupt.
Background Pony #AA1F
To be fair helical magazines like these get jammed frequently. The Calico and PP-19 Bizon are examples. I do get that they do have more ammo but seems very impractical. Also the gun seems overly forward-heavy with that magazine, though I presume it has a folding stock.
To not mention that the ones supposed to use these kind of weaponry are, as far as I read; Kim Jong Un’s personal guards and special forces, both of which seem really bad to have a jam in the first place.
But at least it seems decently workable. I’m not sure if the same can be said about their ‘Anti Tank Grenade Launcher/AT Rifle’:

Background Pony #5252
@CaptainXtra
It’s basically a more precise grenade launcher, so at a distance you can still target individual enemies or targets like trenches or windows, instead of just being able to hit an area where the enemies are.
US had a cooler idea - the XM25 - where the grenades were programmable, so they could explode after passing near an obstacle to hit enemies behind that obstacle. It had issues though and funding was cut.
Background Pony #5252
And grenade has a large blast radius anyway.
The point is that you don’t have to wait for the enemy to peek or otherwise become visible. The enemy can’t just hide from you behind cover, they have to run away outside your range of fire.
Background Pony #AA1F
Wouldn’t something like old tank shells work?
As in, penetrate the armor, set s fuze and explode inside
So instead of firing above the cover, you fire the cover so it sets the fuze off
Otherwise I wouldn’t know how you’d fire at a enemy in cover without the system accidentally picking a tree or a wall and exploding prematurely, instead of detecting the sandbags deep in the alleyway
Background Pony #5252
As in, penetrate the armor, set s fuze and explode inside
To fire through cover, you would need a much bigger gun.
how you’d fire at a enemy in cover without the system accidentally picking a tree or a wall and exploding prematurely
Wikipedia article I linked has an explanation: the shells measure travelled distance by counting their rotations and explode when reaching the desired distance. They don’t directly sense the obstacles.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
KilianKuro Commissions!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide