General Anime Thread

That1GuyGAMER18

Hey look. It's me.
@PonyPon  
my favorite is hollow realization, because you create a character and the story treat it as if you defeated the original sao, instead of kirito

not gonna spoil more than that though
DarklordYuri
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DarklordYuri> Your slut? I’m everyone’s slut!
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Yuri is best girl
I’ve finished the rest of season 1 of New Game.  
It was just excellent as the first half - it easily earned its way into my favourites list. I might be biased since I like this type of anime, but I really loved this.  
Hifumi is still best girl, but Rin is a close second. Rin x Ko and Aoba x Hifumi are still OTP.  
I’m going to start season 2 immediately.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Kimetsu no Yaiba ep 8. Intriguing development. I’m quite glad the world isn’t so black-and-white, makes thing more interesting. Good comedic timing and expressions this ep.

BokuBen ep 8. The ep was pretty horny, so at least it wasn’t dull. Uruka had a chance to win, but of course she doesn’t take it. I don’t even know how the fake outs still get me. Even when there’s a clear path for development, it goes nowhere. Such are harem anime.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@DarklordYuri  
I love it. I will read manga from start after I finish anime since it continue way beyond and also anime adapt things differently. I wish I seen it sooner.

First ep spoiler is what made me check it out and it still hit me hard when it happen. And I do love that kind of mix of dark and moe (no surprise considering my avatar)
DarklordYuri
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DarklordYuri> Your slut? I’m everyone’s slut!
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Yuri is best girl
@Zeb  
I actually didn’t have Anne Happy and Azumanga Daioh on my list. I have corrected that mistake. Your recommendations are always great.

@DeathCloud  
Yup, I knew about the twist before I watched it too, but it was executed so well that the impact was still there.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Hyouka ep 4. Things escalate quickly, as Eru lets the other two join her quest. A huge leap considering it took her, like, a month to open up to Hotaro.

The incident the club is investigating now actually seems like a big deal. The visual articulation of each character laying out their theories was compelling, but the way the characters bounce off each other was kinda awkward? Like they’re all striking each others insecurities, but in a low-key way such that they can’t truly acknowledge it. It was telling of their personalities: Eru being the most invested but the most naive, Mayaka trying to draw out too much from too little, Satoshi being particularly annoying by offering up counterpoints and data but no actual theories, Oreki getting lost on the way to the bathroom.

full

(Eru’s house is so damn lonely.)

It’s no surprise that the solution was somewhat anticlimactic and didn’t clear everything up. This seems like a “journey, not the destination” kind of show, that the point of the mysteries isn’t the solution but its effect on those affected by it.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I think the most realistic part of MHA is that one kid is noticeably being malicious towards another kid and the teachers do absolutely nothing about it.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Hyouka ep 5. Hey, the start of some development for the main character. Satoshi chastises him for being affected by Eru and, for once, Hotaro doesn’t disagree. He begins to acknowledge the world around him, even admits to being envious of his friends. And this is done with sunlight breaking through the rain clouds above them. :p It’s cute.

Hotaro also questioned his conclusions he reached in the previous, which is also the kind of character development I appreciate. I also appreciated him powering through Mayaka and Satoshi complaining about him changing his mind.

The reality of Sekitani’s story was incredibly sad and cruel. I liked Eru wholeheartedly thanking Hotaro, then accepting his excuse that it was just luck. Dunno if this will last, but for now, she’s happy with the role he plays.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Pony Arts & Prints!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide