General Anime Thread

dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Kimetsu no Yaiba ep 9. Good fight choreography, as usual. The CG cuts weren’t bad.

BokuBen ep 9. Bog-standard harem shit. What is even the point of Sensei showing vulnerability when they’re alone when it’s been firmly established that Potato-kun is so fucking dull. Were we supposed to think for a second that they were actually gonna fuck? I don’t get these sorts of shows that have no problems with casual nudity but are somehow too afraid to take their actual story anywhere interesting.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
the bit where Hitori was trying to introduce her friends to her was pretty fun.

I liked how Bocchi inadvertently jabbed at her friends in that scene. I just love how this show does character development. It continually progresses the underlying story while always showing that the characters and relationships have room to grow.

I also love shots of Nako lovingly side-eyeing Bocchi.

full
The Equestrian Zodiac
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Witch Dagger!
@dt  
Agreed and those where adorable when she did that, it shows she’s happy at how Hitori is progressing in her efforts to talk to other people along with trying to befriend them.
DarklordYuri
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Economist -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Magnificent Metadata Maniac -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <DarklordYuri> Your slut? I’m everyone’s slut!
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters

Yuri is best girl
Over the past few days I’ve finished both seasons of Bandori, the entirety of ERASED, the first three episodes of Baka and Test, and the first episode of Made in Abyss.

Bandori was pretty fun. It’s not anywhere close to my favourites list, but I enjoyed watching it. I liked season 2 a bit more than season 1 (mostly because the other bands got some screentime), but I didn’t like the switch to 3D animation - season 1’s animation was much better.

ERASED was amazing, though it was darker than the last few anime I’ve seen. It was very obvious who the killer was since he first appeared on screen during the 1988 arc, but the story was really good despite that.

Most of the cast was really likeable (except the killer, of course, and Kayo’s mum), but Kayo was my favourite by far. It felt really great to see her get better after all the abuse she received from her mum, and it felt especially great after she finally got her happy ending.

The OP and ED were incredible - especially the ED, which is probably my favourite of all time. The pacing in the last 2 episodes was a bit off, but overall the anime was amazing.

I’ve only seen 3 episodes of Baka and Test, but I love it. It’s silly and dumb, but the comedy in it is really good - I haven’t laughed this hard since Dragon Maid.

I can already tell that Made in Abyss is going to end up on my favourites list, and likely in my top 5. The setting is one of my favourite I’ve seen in anime, and the visuals are simply beautiful.

Can’t wait to watch more.
Zeb
Praise the Sun! - Derpi Supporter
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.
Economist -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday

Tag-Bot
@DarklordYuri  
Oh, Baka and Test! That’s a fun one~  
I was reaction to it on my youtube a couple of years ago. Stopped when I went on the hiatus. But since I’m getting back into reactions I’m hoping to continue Baka and Test too.

Another anime I should recommend: KenIchi: The Mightiest Disciple  
Fun martial arts anime.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
full

Hyouka ep 12. Start of the fabled Festival Arc.

The new OP is visually and narratively great. Hotaro’s a spectator to the world, and Eru pulls him in. :p (The song itself is okay.)

Satoshi and Mayaka had a nice moment as they walked into the school. They tend to be antagonistic to each other, so it’s been difficult for me to really understand what she sees in him, but this was a nice moment to show what he means to her and why they work; Mayaka doesn’t like to talk about her problems out loud, and Satoshi doesn’t need to have things said out loud.

I was pretty impressed by how detailed and well-animated the scenes with the kids prepping are. The visuals goes way above and beyond most anime school festivals, almost like festival itself is meant to be a character. And the first performance was outstanding, and did a great job of establishing why the festival has the reputation that it has in-universe.

We got to spend more time in Eru’s head this ep, as she navigates what must’ve felt like a minefield for her. I also appreciate the show taking the opportunity to put Eru in a bunch of cute outfits she’d never wear.

full

Aikatsu Friends ep 59. The gang continues to slowly warm up Alicia’s heart. Kind of a weird direction they went this ep, but that’s Mirai for you. Hell of a final line by Hibiki.

I think it’s funny that PP is basically just there for cartoonish snow/ice hijinks, and the narrative has progressed without their help. But they’re having fun, so it’s fine. I also apprciate the show taking the time to show Tama’s hard work behind the scenes. I hope she gets a nice payoff. Can’t honestly say I liked Mirai’s clown outfit, though.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide