General Anime Thread

NitroFury
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Thread Starter - Horseplay
Artist -

Nitro Cat Bad!
@Holofan4life  
Well, there the problem there, people liking things based on other’s opinions, which will not help you. I rather have people think of the show through their own, rather than other’s opinion.
dt
Diamond Tiara's Diamond Tiara - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
The 1% - Uploaded 1% or more of the site's images
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@DeathCloud  
I’d like to see more IRL stuff because the video game stuff hasn’t been that good. The action is okay but there’s too much talking. If it was about something philosophical or personal to the characters, then it’d be fine. But they spent the first four episodes establishing that it’s just a video game, so why are they spending so much time explaining things that they could dismiss as Video Game Logic?

LLEN emptying her gun into that defenseless guy at point-blank range was pretty good, though.

@Whatevs  
Nagatoro-san is pretty good. I hope it gets an anime someday.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@dt  
I don’t think you could just say “lol video game logic” isntead give proper explanation for things. It wouldnt be acurate (since VR in SAO is not fully same as video games today) and would just invite easy to avoid complains from viewers.
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@Extre-Vile  
You can think a show is anime of the year and still not like it. Popularity has nothing to do with quality. Being anime of the year has more to do with popularity than it does with quality. That’s why Sword Art Online was the anime of the year for 2012 despite not being that good.
Random-Rambling
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

tinyurl.com/dymbb3a
Neo Yokio is great, though I can’t help but wonder why a lot of people hated it when it was meant to be satire/ a parody of New York in the form of an anime artstyle.
Feels like they took it too seriously.

I think it’s because Jaden Smith DID take it completely seriously, and thought he was hot shit for being an anime.producer.

And then people started mocking it, HARD, so he probably just shrugged his shoulders and rolled with it.
Scrabbleman
Duck - He literally asked for this
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Artist -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

[screams in German]
I admit, I sometimes have trouble telling which character is which in anime. I mean, most of the time they all have similar designs with characters from other animes, with minor differences that you can barely notice.

Sometimes characters wear simple garments with nothing on them for me to tell the difference between them and some background characters, while other times they look so painfully generic that you can just smell the clichés.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Derpibooru Premium - Learn about the benefits of subscribing to Derpibooru Premium membership at https://derpibo
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - 150 uploads with over 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
@DeathCloud  
I don’t think it’s necessary to explicitly explain everything. Everyone watching GGO is going to have some intuitive understanding of how things work. They didn’t need to explain what M’s cover is made of, they didn’t need spend that much time explaining how he was killing those guys. I’m not a gun guy or a gamer, and I could understand what was going on without them having to explain it. I’m sure everyone still watching the show could, too.

>It wouldn't be accurate (since VR in SAO is not fully same as video games today)  
Then why did they make it a point to establish that it’s just a video game?

The reason video game anime fall apart for me is if it’s supposed to be a “real” world, but you try to explain things by Video Game Logic, then it’s ultimately not going to make sense. But if you establish that it’s just a game and the stakes are lower, then you could get away with that.

That was what initially attracted me to GGO; the idea that GGO is just a game and the real drama would be IRL. But if we’re supposed to take the GGO world seriously, then I am going to end up dropping it.
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@dt  
I think because you are not that much gamer and gun nut you didnt enjoy character talking about it so much.

Also my point wasn’t that GGO was “real” world and to be taked that seriously like IRL. My point was it wasn’t that similar to games we have now. With diffrent way for people to interact with it and diffrent rules, but that is not same as saving it is same as real world.

All real drama is still “IRL” but it will also be deal by in game inteaction.
Silent_Witness
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Chippin’ In
This is more connected to manga than the anime, but since anime is still involved to a degree, I’ll still say it: I wish online translators would give the same level of consideration to manga that they do to anime. Seriously. Take a manga, and then compare how much of it is translated to its anime adaptation. Unless the manga is super popular, nine times out of ten, the anime version will have more of it translated.
dt
Diamond -
Happy Derpy! -
Since the Beginning  -

No Thank You
Last Period is back to form this week, giving the Wiseman the screentime they deserve. The Periods had some good gags, too, to be fair.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide