Cartoon/Western Animation General

Background Pony #0145
With The Dragon Prince having the rest of the seasons it was supposed to get greenlighted, I have all the shows I wanted to follow completely covered now.
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Here’s a TDP headcanon I have:

Sunfire Elf cuisine is SPICY. Like, regularly using jalapeño peppers (though they would have a different name in the show) and even ghost peppers.
Vivace
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Artist -

“ShimSham my GlimGlams”
Linda Belcher was hard to tolerate in S1 of Bob’s Burgers. In fact, Bob was one of the few characters I didn’t find annoying that wasn’t an active antagonist.
Background Pony #C3B0
I’m not even a Muppets fan, but Disney’s handling of the franchise has been nothing short of criminal.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

So, apparently, with the upcoming Animaciacs reboot. A characters confirmed not to be in it is Minerva, Rita & Runt.

They said they’re trying to be faithful to the orginal, and to not include an original character, no matter the reason means that is indeed false. Honestly, I feel this show was doomed from the star considering Animaniacs got away with a lot because they tricked censors by making much worse(I can only imagine what was left on the cutting room floor), and I doubt they’ll actually push anything and just being it the sterile drek we’ve seen for years.

With this news, and the same with He-man having really nothing to show. I see dark clouds on the horizon.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
A characters confirmed not to be in it is Minerva, Rita & Runt.

Shame I liked them, though I guess I can kinda understand why Minerva isn’t coming back.  
(She was guest star voice by Julie Brown, so they can’t really easily get her back, or get a new suitable voice. Plus “sexy” female characters whom flaunt their wiles aren’t allowed in kid/family shows anymore, because it’s “sexist” nowadays, or might “corrupt kids.” Either way, she’ll offend either side of the argument nowadays, so there’s no way they could get away with the curvy mink. Probably for the better, because they’d either probably make her too P.C., or too annoying like they did Lola Bunny.)

@WyrmSpawN  
Maybe ‘cause they’d need a famous singer to voice Rita, and her original voice Bernedette Peters might be too old now.
Cyborg_pony
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Beau Skunky @WyrmSpawN  
It feels like the Ms. Bellum all over again, and since they’re not going to try and push the envelope to make Neo-Puritans the ones that would have laughed back then mad. A reboot feels like a lost cause.

Maybe ‘cause they’d need a famous singer to voice Rita, and her original voice Bernedette Peters might be too old now.
Beau Skunky
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Cool Crow - "Caw!" An awesome tagger
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Artist -

Join my Beach Party RP!
@Cyborg_pony  
Oh yeah, they got rid of Ms. Bellum (unlike Minerva, she was practically a main character) for being “too sexy” too, even though she did have a brain, and was a competent female regardless.

I suppose it is kinda a double-standard that curvy females aren’t allowed, (heck, now people complain that the Avatar/Korra girls are “too curvy” or giving girls “bad self esteem”) but huge buff or “good looking” dudes whom also have unrealistic preportions are fine. (And frankly, that’s made young males feel imperfect too. Should we ban that, as well? I doubt Batman would sell if he was some skinny dude.)

I’m not saying every female needs to look like some sexy hourglass, with an oversized top half, and such, (it’d be annoying too if that was the case, and I agree there should be variety in body shapes) but it feels like nowadays some outspoken people want every animated female to look flat, androgynous, or something, and forget curvy girls do exist, and it’s a shame we have to treat the female form like it’s something “perverse, and disgusting,” (instead of something beautiful regardless how it’s shaped) which is ironically kinda another more subtle form of body shaming…  
Doesn’t that kinda teach girls to be ashamed of their bodies too? “Oh no! I have boobs, and hips! I’m disgusting!”

It’s like the more steps we take to try to be more progressive, somehow we have to take a few steps back while doing it…
TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
curvy females aren’t allowed, (heck, now people complain that the Avatar/Korra girls are “too curvy” or giving girls “bad self esteem”)

Is this a thing? Please tell me this isn’t a thing…
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide