Vent thread

Background Pony #CBDF
Remember when EQD wanted to bring the fandom together with quality art rather than posting divisive messages which use a character as a mouthpiece?

full
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@Background Pony #CBDF  
I can fully understand supporting the message behind Black Lives Matter and sympathizing with their cause, especially in the aftermath of the full George Floyd video.

Unfortunately, just as the earlier BLM protests were marred with rioting, looting, and assaults/assassinations of police officers, what started as a legitimate series of protests that enjoyed support from across the political spectrum now has been tarred by looting, rioting, and mass anarchy.

And there seems to be a kind of disconnect in the online discourse, where if you say you support the message of Black Lives Matter, it’s assumed you support the current looting and rioting; and if you say you want to see the looting and rioting put down, it’s assumed you want to end the Black Lives Matter movement. You can see this in some of the particularly disingenuous takes over in the politics thread.
Background Pony #CBDF
@Zerowinger  
I would argue Black Lives Matter is a disingenuous organization from the start, being one of those externally-funded groups that shows up with factory-made signs to take advantage of a tragedy. They have been responsible for a great deal of violence and property damage, but because of their marketing (the name alone implies that if you oppose them, then you must think black lives don’t matter) they don’t have the bipartisan infamy they deserve. Also I find it tragic that the protests and subsequent riots are fueled by a perceived racial divide when police brutality affects everyone (hundreds die every year from it but only a few get shown by the media).

However, arguing about this would be derailing the thread so if you want to continue we can go over to the political thread.
Cyborg_pony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages

@Background Pony #CBDF  
That brings up the question, where were they when a child lost her life to gang violence? Where are they when a black life is lost by black life?

Why haven’t they spoken about the black businesses losing their livelihoods, and the possible more lives lost by those under the banner of BLM during these ‘protests’ as they keep calling it?

Is it because they can’t use them? For the longest time now, Black lives seem to mean the least to BLM, since alive they’re not useful, but dead in the right circumstance can be a tool for them.
I Literally Dont Care What You Want
Lady's Wink -
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)

Use Ponybooru
@Zerowinger
I would argue Black Lives Matter is a disingenuous organization from the start, being one of those externally-funded groups that shows up with factory-made signs to take advantage of a tragedy. They have been responsible for a great deal of violence and property damage, but because of their marketing (the name alone implies that if you oppose them, then you must think black lives don’t matter) they don’t have the bipartisan infamy they deserve. Also I find it tragic that the protests and subsequent riots are fueled by a perceived racial divide when police brutality affects everyone (hundreds die every year from it but only a few get shown by the media).
However, arguing about this would be derailing the thread so if you want to continue we can go over to the political thread.

You might be right. I can heed your point. Right now, I’m not trying to take a side. I’m trying to draw ponies and not cry myself to sleep every night. Sure, I don’t have it the worst but I’ve got it pretty goddamn bad.
LightningBolt
Umbrella - For Patreon supporters
Lightning Dee - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Hero - Went above and beyond in the name of Lunar freedom, they will be remembered in legends and folklore as paragons of heroism for generations (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Chaotic Little Trees - 1000+ images under their artist tag
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!

Senior Moderator
Undead inside
God I feel like shit today. Not only am I on my period, but being on it reminds me of all my crushing dead relationship truamas coming back to make me miserable somehow, plus my phones are being ass, and the one game that keeps me going has a delayed update and aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Zerowinger
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Fine Arts - Two hundred uploads with a score of over a hundred (Safe/Suggestive)

3-3/4" Army Man Fan
@CaptainXtra  
But there still is beauty in the world - even when it seems like everything is falling apart.

Tell me if you have heard this story:

Ages ago, an Oriental King gathered forth his realm’s greatest scholars and philosophers, and tasked them to come up with a saying that would be true for all eternity. After some time, they returned to the King with this:

“This Too Shall Pass.”

Isn’t that perfect? What a comforting sentiment during times of trouble. What a humbling sentiment during times of plenty.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
Yes… because all these companies would totally come out for BLM admist the recent mass protest and riots sparked by a police brutality in the US.

But where were they when Hong Kong needed the signal boost?  
In fact they did the opposite during that.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

Social media was a mistake.  
Issues were much more localized back in the days.

Now you have some dolts trying to turn some things into everyone’s issue like it matters to them.

“You’re either with us, or you’re an enemy” mentality needs to go.
Background Pony #CBDF
@Selaphiel  
@Selaphiel  
Notice how they’re all going the same way? Even the façade of an ideological divide at the top is wearing thin. Society is totally controlled by a group of elites setting an agenda, people think they’re virtuous and “radical” by jumping with that agenda, and it’s very depressing. I didn’t ask to live in a cyberpunk dystopia, but at least in most cyberpunk works people tend to be more skeptical of what they’re told.
TheSultanAkbar

@Background Pony #CBDF

@Zerowinger  
Oh, please. I’m sure you’re both great people but who says your contributions would be of any worth? Who says mine would? It’s either hive minded hysteria or… a bunch of individuals fighting each other. Until they group up and it’s the same shit. Know what I’m saying?
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ

@Selaphiel
@Selaphiel
Notice how they’re all going the same way? Even the façade of an ideological divide at the top is wearing thin. Society is totally controlled by a group of elites setting an agenda, people think they’re virtuous and “radical” by jumping with that agenda, and it’s very depressing. I didn’t ask to live in a cyberpunk dystopia, but at least in most cyberpunk works people tend to be more skeptical of what they’re told.

I’ll be blunt. I’d say HUNT the elites.

EAT THEM  
should it all come down to that.

There is no reason individual should be a billionaire. Chances are, they’ve all done something sketchy to get to where they are.

I can understand people being low millionaires, especially those who have worked hard, fortunate, and are responsible with their resources. But billionaires and trillionaires? Show me the skeletons in your closets!
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide