Unpopular opinion time (super alpha no pony edition)

Background Pony #19F1
@gingerninja666  
They should have just took out a gun and shot it, any buffalo or bison that is that comfortable around cars is too comfortable to live. :I
DeathCloud

Agent of Shadows
@Mystic Beast  
Alt Right equivalent - redpilled.

@gingerninja666  
Problem with talking about these issues is how SJW or left make it to toxic or to obnoxious topic to be talk about and people are just sick of it while no longer issues mentioned as big deal anymore. And leftist are ignoring this problem, preferring moral high ground than fact that they lose potential allies and opposite extreme getting more and more popular.

As for definition - I define as people on left to care (or claim) about social justice and fight for it (usually in slacktivist way)while being dicks about it.  
True this term is over used for various reasons. But even if its losing meaning problem on left is still there and will be getting worse. Some people use term “regresive” as take that toward those who supposed to be progressive and actually damaging any progress to be made.

Also I say with SJW, being pro Social Justice thing is just part of it, other part is attitude and mentality I mentioned but it’s not unique for social justice, it’s present in all kind of extremists.
OptimusPrimevil
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Thanotos Omega  
so same boat as flash sentry (his rule 63 version is much more warmly received)?

good lord, so that means female shinji rubbing one out to a comatose asuka would be fetish fuel (instead of ‘look at this loser! can’t even go all the way with a comatose chick’)?
Mystic Beast

@Thanotos Omega  
He gets shit because he is annoyingly unlike what an average teen male would be like in his same situation.

He is supposed to be an ‘everyman’.

But. At least at first. A teen males response to being told they are humanities last hope and need to fight monsters in a giant robot, would be “Fuck yeah sign me up!”

He is disliked for being utterly devoid of even the most normal masculine traits. Naturally the genderflip would be more liked.
Thanotos Omega
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Mystic Beast  
Neglected abused children make bad heroes and recall he saw a more experienced pilot get carted off right before he was told to do this, you act like a real kid would have zero issue being told to jump into a life or death situation, when in fact even after months of hardcore training adults can fall apart when faced with real combat, Shinji isn’t the problem, it’s fucking morons who don’t like good writing and hate realistic characters because it reminds them of how they really are, not what they lie to themselves about,
Mystic Beast

@Thanotos Omega  
Well no. That is the intended message. That does not make it the truth though.

Indeed. He needed to have a neglected upbringing first. As I said. Most would be eager to sign up before experiencing actual combat. They would likely become akin to Shinji after they had first tasted it.
Sparx
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -

#115 Wassup Voltage!
Might be unpopular due to my thoughts on how these particular words are thrown around in arguments to refute points but…

The words ‘power fantasy’ seem real buzzword-y. Not sure how to describe it. Might be due to double standards I’ve read in some arguments .

Just seems to be a way to say ‘This doesn’t count’ when trying to deny whether a character is being objectified.(Seems every time it’s to do with male characters.Apparently You can never say female power fantasy though which is BS honestly =/)

Though correct me if I’m wrong. I guess I believe it’s presumptious to use a term as if it’s the general thoughts of individuals in one demographic.
EquestrianScholar
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

@Marx  
Even though when it comes to male characters that can be more than a bit exaggerated for me, the general idea is simply a power fantasy is meant to be what someone would like to be even though they know that can never be such.

For many Kratos from God of War is a “power fantasy”. For myself he is an overly muscular, overly angry, and overly violent character that I really don’t have much interest in. Also yes, I do believe there such a thing as a power fantasy for the female demegraphic. Even superheroes can be considered a form of power fantasy to an extent, and I do believe they have their place but such can Also go to far in excess of extreme.
Thanotos Omega
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Marx  
Usually when someone points to people like Kratos, saying “He’s skimply dressed and has an unrealistic build” they fail to grasp that he has those traits for male fans to feel empowered through, while characters like the DoA girls are scantly clad and have unrealistic bodies intended to titillate men, it’s a difference of intent, one is a symbol of agency and strength, the other is meant to be eye candy,
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide