The Nerd Thread (comics, movies, anime, cartoons, video games, lore, fun stuff, ect.)

Cosmas-the-Explorer
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Notoriously Divine Tagger - Consistently uploads images above and beyond the minimum tag requirements. And/or additionally, bringing over the original description from the source if the image has one. Does NOT apply to the uploader adding several to a dozen tags after originally uploading with minimum to bare tagging.

Explorer in Training
@Dex Stewart
You know as a prequel fan, I’ve never really liked this idea. Honestly if we’re being honest the real reason why people actually say this is probably more because they percieve the original author’s ideas to be superior rather than an actual belief in auteur theory.
Would they use this auteur theory with JK Rowling because she approved of A Cursed Child? Or The Last of Us 2? In fact I’m pretty sure even most prequel fans probably don’t like the idea of Mara Jade being retconned out of existance but they’ll say to themselves George actually didn’t say that about her.
To me I simply see it that retcons are okay if they improve the overall experience.
Honestly if anything I would rather they preserved the scope and ambition of Lucas movies even if not the specific details. Just like I think the later MLP seasons preserved the ambition and wider world of Fausts earlier seasons.
Darth Prime
You are being deceived - Derpi Supporter
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Patron
Happy Derpy! - For Patreon supporters
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.

@Commune
Yeah but he’s the creator of the thing, that gives him center leeway with his decisions, also I’m going to have to ask you to be specific on what retcons Empire Strikes Back had in it that you were alluding to.
Also the Sequel Trilogy is a hollow attempt at recreating Star Wars with stuff that’s mostly the same things, same story beats and such, that Disney made up just so it could be the stuff the feel like the truly own under the Star Wars brand.
Like, consider the decision to make Galaxy’s Edge random EU world, that’s not even one from the movies, Batuu instead of Tattooine, arguably the most iconic world in Star Wars, because Bob Iger said “I don’t want to be stuck in the past”, an extremely hilarious, and rather paradoxical, statement when one looks at Disney’s most recent shit of live-action remakes, to say nothing of the way the Sequels just mostly retreaded the Original Trilogy, to the point Palpatine just comes out of nowhere to be the bad guy.
Back on Galaxy’s Edge, you would think it would have made sense to make it based on Tattooine, since that’s the planet most people think of when they think Star Wars. Instead it’s just some planet mentioned in some books, set in Disney’s own Resistance Era, something not created by George, something they own, which to me feels like “Ahh, it’s the Star Wars brand, that’s all that matters, they’re still gonna come.”
Also why are you defending the monolithic, mega-corporation Disney?
You love to bring up Marty Scorsese and other big time filmmakers talking trash about the MCU, which is also owned by Disney, except it’s much more successful and well received than Star Wars has been.
Is it really just to be a contrarian? Cause it makes it hard to take anything you say seriously.
tehwatever
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
Artist -
Ten years of changes - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of MLP:FiM!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends.

Mekagoji beating Goji in GvK 2021 is prolly because Mekagoji is built exactly for the sole purpose of beating Goji. Mekagoji has basically trained for a long time for the Goji fight.
I.e. being a hard counter for Goji ofc it has all the advantages.
But it dont account for Konggu and his Monke bidnis, so maybe das why Konggu could take it down.
Also I love how Goji spent a shite tonne amount of nuke juice to dig a hole in earth for the sole purpose of calling Konggu out and STILL absolutely destroyed him 10-8 before finishing by a sub.
Is a nice way of showing just how outclassed Konggu was. No competition, Goji coulda killed the young talent.
Okay sure, Konggu may have had the upper hand for a while, with the Gojiscale Axe, but Konggu really didnt have much going for him without it.
Commune
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Betrayal! - Betrayed their team for a badge. Shame forever!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

🚙
@Darth Prime
I bring it up because the criticisms are so fucking unoriginal, stale and boring
It’s like still hating on GOT, get a life
It’s also because, hating the sequels is one thing, but defending the prequels is another
The prequels were hot fucking garbage, even ROTS, and if you even say that in Star Wars fanbases nowadays you get attacked by dumb zoomers who wouldn’t know a good film if it hit them in the face
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@Commune
I don’t really care about Star Wars right now. I’m into bashing Masters of the Universe Revelation right now.
For all the crap I gave the sequel trilogy, in the end I was like, this isn’t for me, but it’s fine. Then Rey makes out with Kylo. I guess that’s a way to end the flick.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@Commune
Prequels, for all their many, numerous flaws, had their own identity, their own personality, under all the poorly written dialogue, wooden performances, pacing issues, and over abundance of CGI, there’s still a story there.
Where as the Sequel had no real story, no end point planed, and just largely redid what the OT did, most likely because whatever deal they made with Lucas might still mean he gets paid for anything he made, so Disney went “Let’s just do the same thing, with our own characters, so we don’t owe George anything.” Thus, as I’ve been putting it, the Sequel Trilogy feels like a knock-off of Star Wars that just happened to released under the actual Star Wars brand.
And yes, the Prequels were very merch heavy, everything was a collectable, even Pizza Boxes, but despite all that, the reason Prequels are seen as better than the Sequels, is simply because the Prequels overall fell more sincere than just bout anything in the Sequels did.
Also you didn’t answer my question, what was the retcon(s) done by Lucas in the second movie?
Icicle Niceicle 1517
Stormfeather - For supporting the site
Strawberry Sunrise - For Patreon supporters
Tempest & Elizabat - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Artistic Detective - For awesome dedication to sleuthing out and maintaining artist tags and links
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Crystal Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.

Ocs,Boops,Tickles&Memes
@Cosmas-the-Explorer
actually the movie has an equal focus on both Bill and Ted and their kids
plot of the movie is them trying to create a song that would stop humanity from fighting and would bring about the future Utopia as seen in the previous movies, but they deadline is almost p.
Bill and Ted’s plot is them trying to go into the future to the point where they created the song and then bring it back to the past, while their daughter’s plot is them going back into the past in order to recruit the best musicians from history in order to create the song (Bill and Ted have no ideas their daughters are doing this btw, hence why neither of them are working together)
phoenixacezero
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Artist -

@The Worst Person
less people would have not seen it, but how much it would have made is unknown. Another thing is live adaption. some people have became wary of Live anime adaption due to films like Dragon ball evolution and Netflix Death note.
Hollowfox, Always The Worst Person

Est. 2012
@phoenixacezero
And yet people keep giving comic books a pass to be live action.
If people don’t want everything made into live action or say animation is better then the industry should stop making live action adaptations of comic books and just stick to animation so nobody should be hypocrites for liking Marvel and yet not liking bad adaptations just because of the format and not the quality nor the execution.
Besides, Cowboy Bebop had nothing to do with the legacy sequels having protagonists with the opposite gender. If it did, then the adaptation would be a quasi-sequel about Julia and Spike Spiegel’s estranged daughter.
Darth Prime
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Bronze Bit -
Ruby -

@The Worst Person
Comic books adapted to live-action is not the same thing.
Comics are not a medium that has motion or audio so there free to be adapted to either live-action or animation.
Adapting animation to live-action just seems pointless cause animation is already a medium with motion and audio it’s like “what’s the point just watch the original animated thing is there” which leads to stuff adding their own stuff which actually doesn’t add much or change things which can potential turn out to be insulting to original.
Also animated adaptions aren’t automatically cleared of being criticized as we saw recently with the Injustice movie which was supposed to be an adaptation of The Injustice Year One Comic which made some “bold” changes.
Flip side of that shout out to the Long Halloween Animated Movie which was an adaptation of a popular graphic novel that did change some stuff but the stuff it changed arguably made it better they know how to keep the sprite of the story alive which was what mattered.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide