"Neckbeards vs Legbeards": Or, Social Justice Extremism

Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@Frogster

Yeah the story sounds about as made-up as the babscon thing. The problem is that PAB’s response was basically a cheap rationalisation toward getting the plush for herself.
Grieffon
The Power of Love - Given to a publicly verified artist with an image under their artist’s tag that has reached 1000 upvotes
Equality - In our state, we do not stand out.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant
Bronze Bit -
Artist -
Happy Derpy! -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - <Grieffon> it does kinda dry out a bit with fast strokes

h
@Background Pony #FB55  
The chance of them actually doing something positive is low. Zero, actually. However, lying is already something they do on a regular basis, and stealing is a gain for themselves, so it’s not really a low chance.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Arch-Rarifag
@Grieffon  
Self described champions of reason often make the most unreasonable claims, and those who speak most vociferously in favor of human rights and dignity are often the first to try and demean and harm the lives of those with whom they disagree

We are all guilty of this to some extent but we also don’t hold ourselves as highly and as a result do not have seemingly more to lose when slighted
Background Pony #C47F
@Background Pony #69DC

Summary from askasanebrony:  
[Context for those who don’t know: Anon has a brony friend. She manipulated him into giving her an expensive custom pony plush to cheer her up. She contacts Ponies Against Bronies and asks to collaborate on ceremonial destruction ideas.
Despite making three responses, PaB fails to acknowledge that Anon is morally bankrupt for doing this in the first place, and should return the plush immediately.]

Plus the whole PAB considered accepting the plush and, when called out on their shit, claimed to have sympathy for the plush’s maker and the plush owners mother. And not, y’know, the person who had their shit stolen from them.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
Didn’t PaB say that if anon felt like they had to destroy the plushie, they’d be right in doing so?

PaB is like the Kotaku of anti-brony shit, ans definitely proof that they are far worse than any fan.
Background Pony #C47F
@Itsthinking

I didn’t see that, the closest I saw was where PaB basically went: “if it’s a choice between giving it to me or destroying it, I’ll take it”
Background Pony #C47F
@Itsthinking  
It’s amusing how many of these blogs essentially straight up suicided themselves with their own stupidity because they for some reason seem to be unable to accept the idea that the biggest threat to them and their tumblr fame is not their enemies wrecking them but their own actions being judged by all the followers of theirs who aren’t fanatics.

And when it comes to advocating theft, committing fraud, or the various other things AB blogs have had major shitstorms over… it turns out most people rank ‘advocating or doing criminal shit’ as being worse than ‘being a brony’.
Turkeynomster

@Background Pony #7183  
Nonsense, being a fan of a show is completely the same as being a part of an ideological or political group. You have to use stereotypes to generalize and slander one demographic, or else they might think there is nothing wrong with them.

That is the message of true acceptance and open dialogue.
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Pomegranates :P
If the mods won’t do their job of enforcing Tumblr guidelines. Then we should find other, more potent methods to get at these SJW cowards. Seriously, I want to see an end to these persecutions towards innocent people.

Hypocrisy  
cowardice  
malice  
Everything is in there.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@Background Pony #7183  
The idea that someone outside of their echo chamber can critically look at what they’re passing around is beyond their comprehension. That’s why you get ragequits. They don’t know what to do.

@Takashi.0  
@SeraphimDawn  
Fuck that. I do not want the staff of the show drawn into this shit on either side.

Really, it just continues to amuse me. Do they really want/need another show for them to soapbox over this badly? So badly that they’ve been trying to take back “their” show from people who actually genuinely enjoy it for years? Most of these people I’ve seen say they really don’t even like the show much, or think that it isn’t culturally important or groundbreaking.

They just want to “own” it so that they can soapbox over it. Just like they’ve done to literally every other cartoon fandom. I hope they realize this is what they traditionally accuse their enemies of when it comes to things like video games, and that no, two wrongs do not make a right.

Aren’t Avatar, Supernatural, Doctor Who, Sherlock, Homestuck, Steven Universe, Adventure Time, Marvel, DC, Monster High, Pokemon, and Nintendo in general enough for satisfy their needs? The source material is irrelevant to what they want to do with it, so why latch onto FiM?
ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends

Pomegranates :P
@Itsthinking  
I’m guessing what they meant by PAB “getting too popular for their own good”, was that it grew big enough to a point where the hosts can be more exposed to potential legal troubles. The table has been turned against them, use this opportunity to corner and finish them. Figuratively speaking.

Pokemon, for example, has been around long before social media. The fandom is so broad that they don’t need Tumblr, there are many independent fansites for them. Tumblr is only just a little speck for their fandom. Not everyone in these fandoms are centered around Dumblr.

“Tumblr taking over fandoms”  
Is just a joke.
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@Frogster  
From what I’ve heard about how males were treated as fans within the MLP fandom for earlier gens, I think they expected more of the same treatment of them, but with bigger numbers and got mad when they didn’t find an entire gender ready to be their yes-men with FiM as their “carrot.”

@Grieffon  
But the show is irrelevant to them. Most of them don’t even watch it that much, and hilariously, because bronies will say how important it is culturally and how progressive it is, they will state the inverse. Not even realizing that they’re shooting themselves in the foot. But again, the show is irrelevant to them, just like every other form of media that just is a soapbox for their opinions, a way to coat them in an easy-to-swallow pop culture pill.

Bring up “Simple Ways” to the few that actually watch the show in depth and holy shit, the result is absolutely hilarious. Every single complaint I’ve seen that they had is so stereotypically something they would say.
Background Pony #C47F
@Itsthinking  
Well… it’s not really people outside the echo chamber (though obviously such people are going to look badly on these actions) but rather the people who are in… like… the echo chamber lobby. The people who agree with the chamber in general (bronies are icky) but don’t actually want to enter the chamber because they have lives and stuff to be getting on with instead.

People who are not outside observers but are at best low key allies in anti-bronydom.

Aaaand then one of the big name blogs do something like this and those low key allies go: “You know what? I don’t like bronies, but I like thieves even less - so screw this shit.”
Itsthinking
Diamond -
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@Whatevs  
Let me count the ways:

• More than a few people complained about “the hetero” completely seriously, they just don’t like any heterosexual crush being shown, period.

• That Rarity would even fall for a man in such a way is something that they found abhorrent.

• That Rarity would be willing to change herself in order to make herself more appealing to her crush is something that is basically unspeakable to these people.

• Trenderhoof, in their minds, was an unapologetic racist. He was definitely racist, but a lot of this came from ignorance rather than hatred. Since they cannot comprehend that, they just saw him as everything they hate about “cultural fetishism.”

• Applejack teasing Rarity was seen as unacceptable, I don’t know what they wanted her to do, presumably team up with Rarity and kick Trenderhoof’s ass?

• The few people that I recall who brought up the Spike scene thought that it was inappropriate and that Spike was being an asshole.

Oh, and don’t even so much as mention to them that in this episode, Rarity, a female, was presented with almost every stereotype towards romance that these people present as exclusively male ways of thinking. That really is their biggest sticking point.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: The whole thread. Every single post.