"Neckbeards vs Legbeards": Or, Social Justice Extremism

ЅℰℒᎯℙℋℐℰℒ
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2019) - Celebrated Derpibooru's seventh year anniversary with friends
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Magnificent Metadata Maniac - #1 Assistant

Pomegranates :P
@Grieffon  
I don’t know if obesity should be considered as needlessly_self-inflicted_ issues, like smoking, drinking, and other drug abuse related problems. But they do choke up the systems. Society’s burdens.

Things like certain cancer, genetic diseases, mental illnesses, and other disabilities/health problems that no one has any control of and are not self-inflicted, should be the priorities.
Zincy
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2020) - Took part in the 2020 Community Collab
Wallet After Summer Sale -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

In Vino Veritas
@Archonix

BMI isn’t a flawed system insofar as what it’s used for. The “fat acceptance” people are straw-manning the fuck out of it saying it’s used as a “be all end all” when that’s not what it’s for. The BMI system is used as an indicator only, not as the definitive thing. It’s a good bellwether, used as an indicator that there may be a problem.
Archonix
Donklight Sparkle - For supporting the site
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
Economist -
Heart Gem -
Silver Supporter - Silver Patron
Thread Starter - Don't blame me, I voted for the other guy. (Politics General)
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

Retired Ass
@Zincy

Well… I hate to disagree, but there are serious flaws in the way BMI is calculated. It assumes that you’re 2-dimensional and doesn’t account for muscle mass, age or gender. Even various modified BMI scales that try to account for the latter three still hit the same problem of the scale being calculated on the square of your weight divided by your height - which is patently absurd. In the UK the NHS, at the Department of Health’s insistence, has also repeatedly moved the definition of obesity down the scale to the point where a typical Rugby Union player would be considered obese.

Granted, that last point is more political than anything. The core flaw of BMI is its lack of accounting for the fact that humans are three-dimensional. That flaw is enough to give the “fat lifestyle” sorts a foundation to set up their strawman… which rather backs up my earlier point, I feel. They complain about BMI because they don’t want to be called obese, but their complaint encompasses that tiny sliver of truth. It removes the opportunity for actual criticism of BMI by dragging the expression of that into the extremist camp.
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
People like this are the reasons that we have fucking idiots that want to ban handguns.

The amount of people who I’ve seen who openly say that they would shoot someone for doing something that does not immediately and directly threaten their physical being is absolutely disgusting. Don’t fucking be surprised that people are skittish around gun owners when you have someone who thinks “BUT THEY’RE A LIAR/MADE FUN OF ME/I DON’T LIKE THEM, SO I CAN SHOOT THEM” is a part of being a gun owner.
Whatevo
Thread Starter - The great GamerGate discussion.
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Arch-Rarifag
@SeraphimDawn

@Itsthinking  
I’d be alright with banning guns… but… we are doing that and something else that will reduce crime that leftists won’t like. The right gives up something and so does the left.  
HehheheheHEHEHEHEHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Itsthinking
Princess Ember - Derpi Supporter
Diamond -
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Perfect Pony Plot Provider - Uploader of 10+ images with 350 upvotes or more (Questionable/Explicit)
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.
Silver Supporter -
Happy Derpy! -

🅱
@SeraphimDawn  
I’m talking more about people who support gun ownership but are incredibly irresponsible with how they treat their guns. Shitty trigger discipline, obnoxious open carriers, and people who think it’s the 19th century and you can whip out your gun to win any argument.

A gun is not a toy, and it’s not a bargaining chip in any situation that is not immediately threatening to your physical well-being.

To say that you want to kill someone and you wish you had a gun to do it, or that you would kill someone for saying something you don’t like to you, perpetuates the stereotype that gun owners are idiots.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Techy Cutie Pony Collection!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: The whole thread. Every single post.