Music thread

TheHappySpaceman
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Artist -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

Sweet F.A.
Damn, the page break cut my message. But anyway:  
@Zincy
Ah, yes, conservatives really don’t understand certain music.
@Myoozik
Case in point. XD Like, how is the meaning of the song so unclear?
My #1 song that’s constantly misinterpreted would have to be either “Every Breath You Take” by The Police or “Stan” by Eminem.
Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Congratulations to The Kid Laroi & Justin Bieber for their 1st and 6th number one songs respectively with “Stay”. The highest charting song for the Australian since “Without You” and the 6th for the Canadian since “What Do You Mean”, “Sorry”, “Love Yourself”, “Stuck With U” w/ Ariana Grande and “Peaches” feat. Daniel Caesar & Giveon.

Also, fucking finally, Butter isn’t number one anymore, thank the Lord! Guess Billboard finally came to their senses and realized the manipulation that was going on, should’ve realized it much much earlier…
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music Connoisseur
Also, I really like Billie Eilish’s newest song “Happier Than Ever”. Before I was mostly indifferent to her and even didn’t understand her appeal, but her recent batch of more uptempo songs have made me start warming up to her. I think her biggest strengths is making songs that have more to them than just dour, low tempo, moody stuff. Stuff like Bad Guy, Ocean Eyes, and Therefore I Am are really solid songs from her. I’m still not 100% a fan of her compared to Dua Lipa, but she’s earned my respect.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Recently, George Harrison’s album “All Things Must Pass” got remastered and it returned to the Top 10 on the Billboard 200. I’m glad cause it’s a great record.

I miss George Harrison…
DerpyFast
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.

More mashup ideas I’d forgotten about:

Ruby Dear by Talking Heads and Mr. Brownstone by Guns and Roses

San Tropez by Pink Floyd and Kooks by David Bowie
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
I feel like MCR’s hatedom in the 2000s was directly linked with them being popular among girls, but we aren’t ready to have that conversation yet.
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Congratulations to The Weeknd for breaking the record for most weeks spent on the Hot 100 with his song “Blinding Lights”. 88 weeks on the Hot 100, breaking the previous record held by Imagine Dragons with their song “Radioactive”. Never thought a year like this where everyone and their mother started following the Hot 100 would be the one where records started shattering. GG Abel, I still like your song so congratulations
deactivated686beb

@TheHappySpaceman  
I don’t know much about MCR, but I did listen to one of their songs years ago and I hated it, not because of their popularity, but because their music was terrible (most music is). I’m sure a lot of hatedoms are like that. The haters never even listen to the music but judge them anyways just because teenage girls, who don’t even care about the music but the artist’s looks, blindly followed them. To be honest, I think music (at least popular music) has gone downhill since the 70s.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Manerg  
Which song? Because they have many–“Mama” is a really good one, as are “The End/Dead!,” “Famous Last Words,” “Sleep,” and honestly the entire Black Parade album.

But yeah, they got booed and bottled at a number of festivals in 2006-2007, before they even started playing (Reading and Download come to mind), and I think that’s honestly unfair and really mean to do to any band.
deactivated686beb

@TheHappySpaceman  
“I’m not okay”. From what I remember, it’s one of those emo pop songs. I never liked pop music. I tried getting into pop when I was a kid but never could. Emo isn’t any better than metalcore, nu metal, rap music, teen pop, and hair metal. Those haters probably never even gave their music a chance.

Commercial success doesn’t make an artist good. I don’t care that BTS (don’t even know them) or Justin Bieber is more popular than prog rock as long as I don’t have to listen to them. I don’t even listen to the radio anymore (since it’s full of shit). To be honest, I think Queen (one of the few popular bands that I do like) is very overrated.
TheHappySpaceman
Artist -

Sweet F.A.
@Manerg  
I will say, “I’m Not Okay (I Promise)” is not one of their better ones. I do like it, but it doesn’t paint an accurate picture of the band as a whole.

There’s actually a lot of debate over whether MCR technically counts as emo, since they never had the chart success of other emo bands, and they have way more in common with the art rock and glam rock of the ‘70s–David Bowie, ELO, Floyd–than they did with alternative or pop punk. A lot of people care quite a lot about that distinction. (I’m not one of ’em lol)
Mr.Myoozik

Music Connoisseur
Judging by his upload pattern, ToddInTheShadow’s next video is a OneHitWonderland. I’m crossing my fingers that he does “A Girl Like You” by Edwyn Collins, it’s one of my favorite hits of the mid 90’s. That or “Born To Be Alive” by Patrick Hernandez, just so he can do a song by a French artist and talk a bit more about disco.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Ministry of Image - Fanfiction Printing

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide