Privacy Policy has been updated to reflect what data will be collected from you in the future updates. Read the updated version here.

[NO SPOILER, LEAK-FREE] Season 8 Discussion and Speculation: Discovery Family airings

Mr.Myoozik
StarTrix Forever! - Derpi Supporter
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
This one to me felt a bit forced for some reason, but I can relate to the plot and the lesson at the end.

Final Grade: B-
Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
  1. The Hearth’s Warming Club  
  2. The Break up Breakdown  
  3. The Mean Six  
  4. Horse Play  
  5. The Parent Map  
  6. A Matter of Principals  
  7. Grannies Gone Wild  
  8. Molt Down  
  9. Friendship University  
  10. The End In Friend  
  11. Non-compete Clause  
  12. Marks for Effort  
  13. The Maud Couple  
  14. Fake it Till You Make it  
  15. Surf and/or Turf  
  16. School Daze
Nightweaver20xx
Birthday Cake - Celebrated MLP's 7th birthday
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
A perfectly serviceable episode, to be sure. Good interactions, good expressions, good horse noises. But the one thing I wish they would have done is do a double swerve where it turns out the amulet actually WAS stolen by some malevolence of some kind. It started out as a ploy to get Rarity and RD together by Twilight and Co., but then it turned bad and everyone actually needed to save the day. As it was it was far too predictabo.
rdibp
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
  1. Horse Play  
  2. Surf and/or Turf  
  3. The Hearth’s Warming Club  
  4. The Break Up Break Down  
  5. Molt Down  
  6. Fake it Till You Make it  
  7. The Parent Map  
  8. Friendship University  
  9. The Maud Couple  
  10. A Matter of Principals  
    11. The End in Friend  
  11. Yakity-Sax  
  12. School Daze  
  13. Grannies Gone Wild  
  14. Marks for Effort  
  15. Non-Compete Clause  
  16. The Mean 6

Most of it was fairly predicable, but it was still a serviceable episode. Pretty much a better version of Non-Complete Clause.
Magma_ERuptiOn
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Condensed Milk - State-Approved Compensation

I read this shit?
Here’s my list up to and including The End in Friend.

1. The Mean 6  
  2. The Break Up Breakdown  
  3. Grannies Gone Wild  
  4. The Maud Couple  
  5. The Hearth’s Warming Club  
  6. Molt Down  
  7. Surf and/or Turf  
  8. The Parent Map  
  9. Friendship University  
  10. Horse Play  
  11. School Daze  
  12. Non-compete Clause  
  13. The End In Friend  
  14. Marks For Effort  
  15. A Matter Of Principals  
  16. Yakity-Sax  
  17. Fake it ’til you Make It
Mr.Myoozik
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.

Music/Charts Enthusiast
I found The End In Friend a bit more good than people usually make it out to be. It’s mostly due to the very relatable lesson and conflict, which I can sympathize. Also, controversial opinion, but I thought Starlight and Twilight were fine in this episode and they’re putting the school to good use here.
Nightweaver20xx
Happy Derpy! -
Platinum bit -
Emerald -
Artist -

Evil
@ILoveMyoozik  
Too bad it’s a lesson I feel we’ve all learned far too much by this point: That you don’t need to be interested in the same things to be friends. Also, they’ve both been friends for years, so you’d think by this point both of them are completely used to the other’s eccentricities and interests. But RD and Rarity act like it’s new information that one likes athletics and the other likes fashion-related activities.
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@ILoveMyoozik

I honestly thought the school being the instigator of all this was one of the more interesting writing decisions at play here.

Rarity and RD had no reason to question their friendship. They get along because they have mutual friends and save Equestria together. it’s just the way things are and it’s worked for years. There was never a need to even think about it. But the school is a place where they need to actually sit down with students and explain all the fine details of stuff like this. I could see that making them stop and think: “Wait… why ARE we friends?”
Mr.Myoozik

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@Nightweaver20xx  
To others yes, but for someone like me, this is a lesson that I still have to learn and grasp. I don’t want to get too personal, but I also get suspicions that I don’t have much in common with my friends, so seeing episodes with lessons like these really help me.
Mr.Myoozik

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@gingerninja666  
To me, it put the school into good use by actually showing it what it is meant to be, which is learning about friendship.

Well the only interactions they had with each other was when one had to save the other and when one had to protect and save her future career. I could kinda understand why they had a hard time bonding when put in the same room because they weren’t caught in the heat of the moment.
rdibp
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2018) - Celebrated Derpibooru's six year anniversary with friends.
Friendship, Art, and Magic (2017) - Celebrated Derpibooru's five year anniversary with friends.

Kerfuffle lover
Also, controversial opinion, but I thought Starlight and Twilight were fine in this episode and they’re putting the school to good use here.

I agree with you but I think it would’ve been more interesting if the amulet was actually stolen, adding some real tension in the episode. It wasn’t really a twist that the amulet kidnapping was a set up, so watching Rarity and RD reconciling over their differences to solve problems knowing what the end result is going to be made it feel like it was dragging on.
Mr.Myoozik

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@rdibp  
The conflict before that felt forced to me when they were at each other’s throats and yelling that they weren’t friends. But yeah, if it indeed was stolen, it would’ve been a hell of a lot interesting.
rdibp

Kerfuffle lover
@ILoveMyoozik  
The plot of two friends that barely have anything in common was executed better in “Uncommon Bond”. The concept was pulled off with a lot more respect towards Starlight and Sunburst whereas this episode states, “Oh, so we have some minor discrepancies that we share with each other even though we’ve known each other for years and have gotten along fine? Well fuck you, you aren’t my friend anymore!”
gingerninja666
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

Kaze ni Nare
@rdibp

I feel the context for both eps was different. This one is more “We’ve never stopped and actually thought about our relationship until now.” Uncommon Bond was “We haven’t seen each other in years. What’s changed?”
Mr.Myoozik

Music/Charts Enthusiast
@rdibp  
I think you’re making the episode look a lot worse than it is, so chill.

I prefer Uncommon Bond too, but I still thought this one was fine, if a bit redudant.
Applepie1973

Nostalgia Purist
  1. Surf and/or Turf  
  2. The Break up Breakdown  
  3. Marks for Effort  
  4. Horse Play  
  5. School Daze  
  6. The Maud Couple  
  7. Molt Down  
  8. A Matter of Principals  
  9. Non-compete Clause  
  10. The Parent Map  
  11. Grannies Gone Wild  
  12. The Mean Six  
  13. Friendship University  
  14. Fake it Till You Make it  
  15. The Hearth’s Warming Club  
  16. The End In Friend
Background Pony #74B0
Berrow has written for the show for 3 seasons now, and I don’t think she’s improved.
EotD
Magical Inkwell - Wrote MLP fanfiction consisting of at least around 1.5k words, and has a verified link to the platform of their choice

I beat LoZ:BotW!!!
I wrote this last week but might as well share it here since the episode just aired. Might do the other episodes that already aired but later as not to distract from this one at the moment

Ugh just freaking ugh
What I liked:
The Third Act: Hey look it’s the actual premise of the episode, Rarity and Rainbow Dash having an issue and working it out together using the best of each other. Man it was good. Too bad the first two thirds couldn’t keep that up.
Most of Rarity and Rainbow Dash: These two were pretty decent here. The fault with them lies with some other ponies we’ll get to later but these two act pretty decently together and have some good chemistry (save for end of Act 1 beginning of act 2 but I digress). It’s just chemistry that will get spoiled by someone adding in too much of something else.
What I didn’t like:
Oh where to begin?
Starlight: Go fuck off Starlight. So apparently Miss fuck up the Universe is more an expert on friendship than Rainbow Dash and Rarity because of course she is. Oh and she’s so wise and knowledgeable to trick both of them and solve their problems because she’s just that good and kind and three other flavors of BS.
Twilight: You can fuck off too. Seriously, trailing someone and telling them to act normally? That’s never going to work in any circumstance. You might as well have caused the breakup as much as anyone else in this episode.
The forced conflict: Hey let’s just have the Student 6 be ignorant dipshits and ask “Meta” questions to force a conflict between Rarity and Rainbow Dash and then clearly telegraph that they’re being set up.
The Student 6: And right after a good episode with them, here comes this. They only exist to set up the meta questions and being annoying at setting up the conflict and that’s it.
Ugh, this might be really unpopular but I think this is the new low for the season for me.
Mildgyth
Best Pink Pony - For being the first person to reach 50k uploads, managing the site's featured images, and countless other contributions to the site.
Lunar Guardian - Earned a place among the ranks of the most loyal New Lunar Republic soldiers (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab

Senior Moderator
Humata, Hukhta, Hvarshta
School Daze:8.5  
The Maud Couple:9.5  
Fake It ’Til You Make It: 9.0  
Grannies Gone Wild:8.7  
Surf and/or Turf:8.0  
Horse Play:9.4  
The Parent Map:9.4  
Non-Compete Clause:9.1  
The Break Up Breakdown:9.4  
Molt Down:9.2  
Marks for Effort:9.0  
The Mean Six:8.0  
A Matter of Principals:8.5  
The Hearth’s Warming Club:9.5  
Friendship University:8.8  
The End in Friend:9.0  
Yakity-Sax:9.0

>>1803582t (merged)  

>>1803883t (merged)
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide