MLP G5 Discussion and Speculation Thread

Background Pony #121A
greater social intelligence and skills than the humans
do not resort to violence and hatred so easily
Pfft! You fuckin’ serious?
If anything, they’ll split based on easily disproven lies. The only thing they could be said to do more often is split rather than fight it out, which hardly puts them above any other race.

But it is true; we just need to look out the window of our world to realize how far we are from the ponies who are fictional beings who should show how better we can get, yet all MLP writers from the very beginning have been very strict in maintaining the ponies’ unique identity and manner of being. Among other things, by being too gullible and easily influential where they risk falling on older instincts. Our own instincts are supremely far worse in comparison.
Background Pony #466E
Something I notice when rewatching the trailer is that Izzy tells Sunny that Pegasi are bad news, yet she has no problem walking into an Earth Pony town and immediately tries to make friends with the first pony she sees. Did Izzy had bad experiences with Pegasi beforehand? Or are Unicorns more distrustful of Pegasi than Earth Ponies – perhaps because the later live future away?
Background Pony #121A
Something I notice when rewatching the trailer is that Izzy tells Sunny that Pegasi are bad news, yet she has no problem walking into an Earth Pony town and immediately tries to make friends with the first pony she sees. Did Izzy had bad experiences with Pegasi beforehand? Or are Unicorns more distrustful of Pegasi than Earth Ponies – perhaps because the later live future away?

“Remember Canterlot”.

We know from the G4 that the pegasi traditionally disliked the aristocratic unicorns who considered them uncultivated and violent thugs when Equestria was still young, such attitudes do not die out so easily after all the centuries. And the unicorns of Canterlot had never hidden their superiority over the rest of the Ponykind, so Celestia (and Luna) often had to hold them down to keep the peace of Equestria for centuries.

Izzy fears the pegasi because they were traditional enemies, while the earth ponies live so far east that they often did not come into contact with the unicorns.
UserAccount
Duck - User has been known to often resemble a waterfowl
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Thread Starter - Started a thread with over 100 pages
Wallet After Summer Sale -

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
I can’t believe I got banned for three months for criticizing this awful excuse for a reboot. The characters have the most disgusting and horrifying uncanny valley faces that I’ve ever had the displeasure of being forced to look at. This is nothing but a continued insult to Lauren Faust. I’m disgusted by every last detail about this awful show!!!!!!!!

For the love of fuck, please don’t ban me for stating an opinion again, mods. It’s super cringe to be this defensive of a show. 😑
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Background Pony #13BA  
How is it not a reboot? Just because there’s some pathetically thin connections to G4 to make it a “continuation” doesn’t make it any less of a reboot. It’s set like 1000 years in the future and is in a completely different art style.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@northern haste  
???

@WyrmSpawN  
Define the difference. If G4 implied that G1-3 happened within the universe’s past, would it not still be a reboot? That’s all this show will be, a new thing with some vague references to G4, but probably only in the movie and not actually in the show. I think it’d be better if they left those references out to, because they’re going to butcher them and it’s so depressing to see what they’re doing to this show.

Did you guys ever seen the South Park episode where they went to see the new Indiana Jones film? That’s how I’m feeling about this. (Warning: episode features adult content, but is 100% relatable.) 😢
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@WyrmSpawN  
That isn’t a necessary part of a reboot. The Ghostbusters 2016 did not feature the same characters, but it was still a reboot.

This is not a sequel series anymore than The Jetsons is a sequel to The Flintstones.
Dex Stewart
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Twinkling Balloon - Took part in the 2021 community collab.

Ecto-Phase,Activate!
@UserAccount  
With the tagline “A New Generation” I see this kinda like Star Trek The Next Generation.  
Set in the future,hardly any of the original characters, looks to be it’s own thing.  
I guess that would make Pony Life the Star Trek Animated Series.
UserAccount

#1 Spikeabuse Fan
@Dex Stewart  
Yes, like the Star Wars sequels, but this isn’t even like that. This tramples all over the world of FiM and has no real connection at all. It’s like saying that Billy & Mandy is a sequel to Tom & Jerry, because Yogi Bear appeared in an episode and that show was created by the same people as Tom & Jerry. Like, no, it’s it’s own thing.

@Shimmering Spectacle  
People can say whatever they want in press releases, but it’s clear they want to abandon Lauren Faust’s creation, partially because they seem to hate her, but mainly because they despise Bronies. As much as they appreciated the fandom at first, they realized that too many of us engage in piracy and refuse to buy merch, while at the same time (thanks to the media and people like Chris Chan), turning the demographic off of the show completely. This reboot is setting out to be a giant middle finger to us, as I see it. It’s so sad.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Champions of Equestria

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide