Do you Think EqG will be remembered as well as FiM or will it be forgotten?

Newman134

After this spinoff is discontinued (which is pretty much inevitable). You think people will still remember this spinoff or will it fade into obscurity and be forgotten by all but a few?

because once G4 wraps up i’m pretty sure the downturn that occurs afterward will result in it being effectively forgotten by the fandom. FIM might stand a chance of being remembered but i feel EqG wont be as fortunate.
Background Pony #B8A4
I think it will be forgotten quite fastly. With the exception of Rainbow Rocks, Forgotten Friendship and a few shorts everything about this spin off screams crap from every part. Sunset Shimmer is the only reason people have some fond on it.
lasty
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition

dead to you
Completely forgotten? Probably not. As Prowl said, Equestria Girls has brought the fandom some of its favorite characters. Sunset, the sirens and Shadowbolts alone have assured that it’ll at least have some longevity, waifu-wise, if nothing else. It’s also been the home of some good music and memorable moments. That said, I think the movies will be remembered to varying degrees of fondness. The series, less so. Particularly, the ones without songs.
Poison Trail
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Wallet After Summer Sale -

Given how the “series” doesn’t have any compilation or, heck, even a timeline, I’d say it managed the feat of being forgotten before it even ended. :/
Megalobronia
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Nintendo Nerd
I hope it doesn’t forgotten. It’s a pretty solid series, even if it’s just a spin-off (of course it’s not perfect, but then again, what series is?).
Starless
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Lunar Champion - Led the charge of major battles for the New Lunar Republic, bringing swift and crushing defeat to the forces of the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
Artist -
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Prog rock pony
It won’t be completely forgotten but it and FiM will both fade into obscurity one day if they haven’t already. It’ll take a very long time but eventually the fandom will die. All fandoms will. And as much as I wish EqG had a proper finale, it’s still better than what FiM got.
of course it’s not perfect, but then again, what series is?
There isn’t one.
Background Pony #029F
forgotten or at least seen not as good as gen 4 because of it’s concept alone and will be regarded as non canon, it will have fans but they are their own thing
Litrojia
Cottonwood Kindle - For supporting the site
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Solar Guardian - Refused to surrender in the face of the Lunar rebellion and showed utmost loyalty to the Solar Empire (April Fools 2023).
Tree of Harmony -
Elements of Harmony - Had an OC in the 2022 Community Collab
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artistic Detective - For hunting down artist when their names have changed
Happy Derpy! - For site supporters
Bronze Supporter - Bronze Supporter
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!

I was just thinking earlier that EQG now seems relatively forgotten compared to FIM. People remember Sunset and sometimes some of the other characters, but otherwise I see relatively less EQG art and discussion now. I was never really an EQG fan though so I might not have the best insight.
PixelatedPony
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).

Luna Best Princess
Well I watched all the Equestria movies and enjoyed most of then, but after realizing that the “series” was apparently just a bunch of shorts with a few exceptions, that threw away most of my motivation to watch it for me.
I would be way more enthusiastic to pick up EQG if it was a “fully fledged” series.
To me thats a huge aspect of EQG’s memorability compared to FiM.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
The Travelling Pony Museum Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide