Site running incredibly slowly past 2 days now

Volca

I hope I’m posting this in the correct place. I check the site usually once a week, looking at whatever was posted throughout the previous week and downloading what I like. Well as of yesterday and continuing today the site is just running extremely slowly. I’m talking things like taking upwards of nearly 2 minutes just to load a single page of images, going onto an image itself and that taking a long time to load and even see the image, and even downloading images that aren’t even 1 MB large is taking so long that some of them are being cancelled by my browser because it thinks there is an issue.
I do not seem to be having issues on any other site, I can scroll through images and videos just fine anywhere else, as well as download things on other sites smoothly. My internet is also working perfectly, nobody in my home is having problems with it. It seems to exclusively be with this site.
I haven’t seen anyone else speaking about this so I really hope it’s not just a me issue.
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Volca
Are you in Russia, or does your internet go through Russia? Because if so, well, Russia doesn’t like this site (or a whole lot of other things).
Otherwise, it may be a Cloudflare node near you is congested or having issues.
Volca

@The Smiling Pony
Hi, no I am not located in Russia, I’m from the U.S., more specifically the East Coast. From a quick search it doesn’t seem like there are any Cloudflare issues near my location, however I’ll continue to look further to see if there really is an issue.
~StuffGuy123

Maker of Things
I’ve been having this same issue. To answer your question, yes, the slowdown is present in other browsers, both in and out of incognito mode. My internet works perfectly fine with every other website, except notably FurAffinity has also been slower the last few days, but not so much as Derpibooru has.
Nimble Wing
Non-Fungible Trixie -

Connoisseur of Cute
Same issue here, been going on for a little while now. Indiana, happens across all browsers and devices, no VPNs or anything, no other sites affected. The issues persist across both the images and the forums, as it took a solid 2 or 3 minutes just to load this page in order for me to post this.
Foposop

Also chiming in from east coast US here to say, this site is being slow and another popular (adult) image site (rule34.xxx) is being extremely slow to load for me as well.
Just out of curiosity… does anyone else experiencing this issue have Xfinity as their ISP? I’m beginning to become suspicious. (I don’t have a VPN to test with)
Volca

@Foiposop
Hi, after reading your reply I checked and I am also experiencing issues on the site you mentioned, and even others such as e621. I do also have Xfinity as my internet provider, and after a recent test, I’m now 99% certain they’re what’s causing the slowdown on these sites.
As a test, I used my phone which has Verizon as a personal hotspot, and connected my computer to it for Internet. Nearly immediately, the site is now loading at the incredibly fast speeds that of which it normally always did. I now think it is entirely a possibility that Xfinity is purposefully slowing down connections to popular NSFW image hosting sites.
Posted Report
The Smiling Pony
Pixel Perfection - I still call her Lightning Bolt
Silly Pony - Celebrated the 13th anniversary of MLP:FIM, and 40 years of MLP!
Shimmering Smile - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of Equestria Girls!
Solar Hero - Went above and beyond for the Solar Deity, drawing from the power of the sun itself to bring balance to the fight against the Lunar Insurrection (April Fools 2023).
Roseluck - Had their OC in the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
Flower Trio - Helped others get their OC into the 2023 Derpibooru Collab.
King Sombra - Celebrated the 10th anniversary of The Crystal Empire!
A Lovely Nightmare Night - Celebrated the 12th anniversary of MLP:FIM!
Princess of Love - Extra special version for those who participated in the Canterlot Wedding 10th anniversary event by contributing art.
Tree of Harmony - Drew someone's OC for the 2022 Community Collab

( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡° )
@Volca
Does this happen as well with more “mainstream” NSFW sites?
If you run a tracert, is the slowdown after it hits xfinity’s network or inside it?
(I really hate ISPs)
Posted Report
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide