(Opinion) To politically decent bronies: please stay

Inucroft

Hater of Nazi edgelords
@Background Pony #CF71  
No, sadly it isn’t.

And the fact is, context is the key thing when it comes to Nazi imagry.  
And at “best” she’s bias-neutral, and at worst she encouraging/perpetuating.

There is no need to draw nazi ponies. And if you feel you need to express yourself through use of Nazi imagrey in MLP.. then you’re jsut a shitty person.
Background Pony #CF71
@Inucroft  
Unfortunately for you, in the real world you don’t get to decide what someone does or does not get to draw. You do not have the right to stifle someone’s free expression.
Background Pony #CF71
@EldunarIan  
“We.”

Don’t speak for the majority of the users. Because last I checked the Anti-Censorship side had far more DNP requests than the Anti-Nazi Twitterites did.
Shimauma
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
Not a Llama - Happy April Fools Day!

@Background Pony #CF71  
That doesn’t appear to be what Derpy Whooves was saying in the “Do we know how may artists have left” thread. And “Twitterites” can’t file DNPs without having a presence here as an artist, so pretending the site is all onboard with Nazi ponies and anyone who says otherwise is an outside agitator just doesn’t hold up.
NsilverArts
Magnificence - Artist with 100+ Safe/Suggestive images with over 100 upvotes, and 5+ Questionable/Explicit images with over 350 upvotes
A Really Classy Artist - 250+ images under their artist tag
An Artist Who Rocks - 100+ images under their artist tag
Artist -

@Coco

If you truly think frequenting 4chan equals to hiding away from the rest of society, i don’t know what to tell you. 4chan is a mere google search away, millions of people go there, and it is quite known. Hell, it’s the undeniable birthplace of this fandom. The shitposting runs through it’s veins.

Not only is your take kinda wrong in that aspect, but it’s also wrong as a solution. Things like these turn nazism into a taboo, that’s literally my whole point. The more you treat it like it’s so perverse that no human eyes should ever pose on it, the more people will want to see it. Moral autoritharians suck. They are the enemy of the artist.
Background Pony #D763
Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or “inconvenient.”

Changing the rules to supress something you don’t like counts as you’re changing them in order to censor.
Idapone

@Lurks-no-More  
Lets invert the question then, Yellow Unicorns are not illegal in any country, manifestly dangerous to observe or drawn purely for the purpose of harassment so why should they be banned from this site by default, without giving others the option to use their filters?

Because I as a hypothetical curator find them distasteful enough to stop YOU from seeing them.
Coco
Artist -
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

@NsilverDraws  
being forced to move to a website whose entire gimmick is the ability to say horrendous garbage while hiding behind anon does kind of mean they are hiding

the “origin” of the fandom is irrelevant, i (and all of my friends) don’t like mlp because of 4chan that’s for damn sure

the point of banning nazism from any community is, like i said, to force them to hide their heinous views where nobody can see them. this limits their ability to spread their message of hate because someone would have to actively search for it instead of being able to stumble upon it (or their insidious talking points) accidentally. if someone out there is drawing shit that glorifies or normalizes the nazi ideology, i dont care if they feel oppressed. these people want genocide,boo fucking hoo.
Background Pony #A7A7
@Coco  
I don’t think you know what a nazi actually is.

i (and all of my friends) don’t like mlp

So your here not because you like the show but because you want to fight nazis? I think you need to spend some time on /mlp/ to see what they actually typically do their. I’ll tell you right now that its not glorifying nazis all day.
Idapone

@Coco  
I get your concern but that is a rather slippery slope (Skip snark) After all the Unicorn is the national symbol of the Scotland and the Scottish are historical oppressors of my people, just because the Unicorn is yellow or gold does not change the fact that its related to a culture of Tartan Spartans with a dark history behind them.

Satirized to the extreme I know but, where do we draw the line exactly on what is too extreme for everyone?
Coco
Artist -

@Background Pony #D763  
I did, the argument falls apart because that is an un-ignorable difference between “yellow unicorns” and nazis

@Background Pony #A7A7  
did you stop reading after the word mlp or are you trolling?  
i’ve been to /mlp/, i’ve read lots of boards on 4chan. i still think that the website allows for the spread of hatred. don’t act i’m some net noob fresh from the womb whose eyes are not yet sullied by the “real world”.

@Background Pony #C876  
who am i discriminating against that you so dearly defend?
Background Pony #A7A7
@Coco  
So what? 4chan should be as banhappy as politically correct sites? At least their if you don’t like someones wordview you can just insult them about it and be done with it. Other sites needs to make huge dramafests about it. By that logic every site and the real world supports the spread of hatred.

I’ll give you the benefit of the doupt that you actually weren’t on 4chan but surely you could have seen that not everything their is a nazi fetish sespool.
Coco
Artist -

@Idapone  
what are you even on about dude, these are nazis, its a case-by-case basis.

youtube bans nazis, reddit bans nazis, the entire country of germany bans nazis. all of these places have banned nazis and theyre not crumbling to pieces as we speak, in fact they are stronger than ever.
Background Pony #D763
@Idapone
what are you even on about dude, these are nazis, its a case-by-case basis.
youtube bans nazis, reddit bans nazis, the entire country of germany bans nazis. all of these places have banned nazis and theyre not crumbling to pieces as we speak, in fact they are stronger than ever.

They’re not, youve just gotten used to calling everyone you diasgree with a nazi and now can only see nazis.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

This topic has been locked to new posts from non-moderators.

Lock reason: Not even on the rails for a politics thread