Wrestling thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I try not to speak in hyperbole, because I think that’s a massive problem with wrestling fans (Especially with WWE, as every bad episode of Raw is considered the worst of all time), but I legitimately think that may have been the best American wrestling Pay Per View since WrestleMania X-Seven.

There’s obviously some contenders that may be better like WrestleMania 24– and I’m not counting NJPW events like Wrestle Kingdom because I haven’t watched all of them– but I think top to bottom there may not have been a better American wrestling Pay Per View in over 20 years. Even Paul Wight Vs QT Marshall served its purpose, as it served as a breather between Punk Vs Darby and the main event.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
@QuasarNova

It’s amazing there’s been 36 takeovers and not one of them has been bad. Absolutely incredible.

One thing I’ll say about the Takeovers is that most of them are less than 3 hours in length, so they never drag. All Out was nearly 4 hours and it never once felt like a slog to get through. That’s pretty impressive.
Background Pony #0D07
WHAT THE FUCKING GOD OF PRO WRESTLING WAS THIS PPV!?

I don’t care what anybody says AEW All Out 2021 was the most Impactful & Magical Show in Modern Professional History period! :D

#AEWAllOut #AllEliteWrestling #ThankYouTonyKhan #ImWithAEW #BryanDanielsonIsAllElite #AdamColeIsAllElite #RubySohoIsAllElite #CMPUNKvsDARBYALLIN
QuasarNova
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).
Thread Starter - Equestria Girls RPG
The End wasn't The End - Found a new home after the great exodus of 2012

It’s amazing there’s been 36 takeovers and not one of them has been bad. Absolutely incredible.
One thing I’ll say about the Takeovers is that most of them are less than 3 hours in length, so they never drag. All Out was nearly 4 hours and it never once felt like a slog to get through. That’s pretty impressive.

The only matches that felt meh were Miro’s and moxley barring Suzuki appearing, and not even because they were bad but rather they were the one’s with less stakes behind them
Nodqfan

Can’t wait to see how this all plays out on Wednesday.

Also did the Andrade segment not happen on the PPV? Because I thought he issued an open challenge for the show on Twitter when his match against PAC was called off.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
The only matches that felt meh were Miro’s and moxley barring Suzuki appearing, and not even because they were bad but rather they were the one’s with less stakes behind them

I actually thought that was the best Eddie Kingston match I ever saw
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I actually thought Raw was pretty decent tonight. It focused mostly on the tag team scene, and I think that really made everything run smoother than normal. When you have a three hour show, I feel you need a show long storyline to keep the audience hooked. And that is what Raw accomplished tonight.

The last time I can recall Raw doing a show long storyline was when Miz was champion, and that was pretty good as well. I think that goes to show that what Raw is missing most weeks is arcs to keep the audience engaged from hour to hour to hour. It makes the shows more entertaining and fun to watch. With two hours, you can do without a solid structural foundation, as proven by AEW Dynamite. But with three hours, you need a decent hook to the show, otherwise things are gonna drag so badly.

I also think it was a wise move to have New Day basically run the gauntlet instead of some team like Mustafa and Mansoor. I say this because New Day are pretty likable and are a far more established team. You want a team to root for and to make it through to near the end, so to have it be New Day was honestly pretty smart. If Mustafa and Mansoor were in that role instead, I don’t think the crowd would’ve been nearly as into it, as they’ve only been teaming for like two months.

A solid show long arc can make up for mediocre writing, as long as the characters are strong enough. And I think Orton and Riddle and New Day and Lashley and MVP are all pretty compelling characters.
Background Pony #0D07
This weeks Being The Elite Episode “Back from the Dead” is a absolute Must Watch, a pretty Fantastic Episode! Easily the Best BTE in recent Memory Bay Bay! ;)

#BTE #BeingTheElite #AdamCole #AEW

The AEW All Out 2021 Media Scrum was pretty Nice Stuff aswell, very nice Details you got from It eeyup! :)

#AEWAllOut #ALLOUT #AllEliteWrestling
Background Pony #0D07
AEW Dynamite should be really damn Enjoyable tonight, Jon Moxley vs Minoru Suzuki is going to be very Fun, Ruby Soho making her First Dynamite Appearence & competing against Jamie Hayter should be Good, what’s next for “The Best in the World” CM Punk & the Aftermath of what happened at All Out 2021 with Adam Cole & Bryan Danielson making their Wonderful Debuts should be very Interesting! :D

#AEWDynamite #AEWonTNT #AllEliteWrestling #ImWithAEW #MOXvsSUZUKI #CMPunk #AdamColeAEW #BryanDanielsonAEW #RubySohoAEW
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
AEW really did Minoru Suzuki dirty. First they cut off kaze ni nare, which what the fuck? That is a big reason why Suzuki is so beloved. Second, they only gave the match 10 minutes, 7 if you don’t count the commercial break.

There was a couple matches on the card you really could’ve cut to give Moxley Suzuki more time. Did we really need Powerhouse Hobbs Vs Dante Martin? Or the six man tag? At least with the six man tag, it was done to further the dissension between the members of The Dark Order. With Hobbs, you already die the segment between him and CM Punk. We don’t need him to beat Dante to establish him as a big deal, even though the match was very good.
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
Sky Railroad Merch Shop!

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide