Wrestling thread

Holofan4life
Pixel Perfection - Hot Pockets Spotted
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
Verified Pegasus - Show us your gorgeous wings!
Preenhub - We all know what you were up to this evening~
My Little Pony - 1992 Edition
Wallet After Summer Sale -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
I think what’s gonna happen between Lashley and Goldberg is that Big E is gonna cash in and turn it into a triple threat match. That way, Big E can pin Lashley and get revenge for Kofi and Goldberg gets protected and doesn’t have to be pinned in yet another match.
Holofan4life
Lunar Supporter - Helped forge New Lunar Republic's freedom in the face of the Solar Empire's oppressive tyrannical regime (April Fools 2023).
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -
A Perfectly Normal Pony - The best thing about being an anime mod is you get to eat babies for free
A Tale For The Ages - Celebrated MLP's 35th Anniversary and FiM's 8th Anniversary

I II II L
If WWE knew that Sasha wasn’t there, then why the fuck were they still promoting the match during the preshow? That’s such bullshit.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I am 100% convinced the sole reason they had Becky Lynch beat Bianca is because Vince thought that it would make Lynch’s return better than CM Punk and his return.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I’ve gotta say, SummerSlam has been pretty meh so far. It especially hurts that SummerSlam has been meh so far given that AEW is so on fire at the moment.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
I really hope the Lashley Goldberg feud doesn’t continue. Hopefully after tonight with the cheering for Lashley, they wake up and change directions.
Holofan4life
Non-Fungible Trixie -
Artist -

I II II L
Overall, SummerSlam this year was a mixed bag. There was some baffling booking decisions, like Becky squashing Bianca and the Goldberg/Lashley feud continuing, but there was also a ton of good stuff. Damian/Sheamus, Edge/Rollins, and Roman/Cena were all really good matches, and I quite like the SmackDown tag and the women’s triple threat match. Plus, seeing Becky and Brock return were great moments.

But again, compare Becky’s return to CM Punk’s return. It’s like creative took one look at that and said “Why don’t we do that, but horribly fuck it up?” I also felt like a ton of matches were complete throwaway. Did we really need Drew Vs Jinder or Alexa Vs Eva if both were gonna be less than 5 minutes?

Overall, this felt like a step down from WrestleMania this year. Hell, it feels like a step down from SummerSlam last year, and that show had no fans. That’s pretty sad. But I still can’t give the show a thumbs down because both Rollins Vs Edge and Roman Vs Cena delivered, and those were two of the three matches the card was built around. Plus, even though the other major match, Goldberg Vs Lashley, wasn’t that great, it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was gonna be.

I’d give it a C-. Probably a 5.5 out of 10.
Dashie41 YT
Solar Supporter - Fought against the New Lunar Republic rebellion on the side of the Solar Deity (April Fools 2023).

Negan Guy
Not a great Summerslam two great matches Edge vs Seth Roman vs John Cena but my god RAW had So many bad matches eve vs Bliss MINUS 5 STARS
Interested in advertising on Derpibooru? Click here for information!
My Little Ties crafts shop

Help fund the $15 daily operational cost of Derpibooru - support us financially!

Syntax quick reference: **bold** *italic* ||hide text|| `code` __underline__ ~~strike~~ ^sup^ %sub%

Detailed syntax guide